ADVERTISEMENT

Shaw Steps Down at Stanford

HawkeyeByGodsGrace

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2003
Not sure I’m surprised at all, but kind of a big move. A man who understands he took a program as far as he could.

"I am not burnt out," he said. "I'm healthy; I feel good. But 16 years is a long time. ... 16 years of running a program, 16 years of being responsible for everything and everybody catches up to you

Not sure I’m surprised at all, but kind of a big move. A man who understands he took a program as far as he could.

"I am not burnt out," he said. "I'm healthy; I feel good. But 16 years is a long time. ... 16 years of running a program, 16 years of being responsible for everything and everybody catches up to you
His program took a deep dive backwards I think with back to back 3-9 records iirc.

Sixteen years as an OC and head coach is way more work than most people put in. He had some great teams.

Someone mentioned his OC ability and yes he is a power football type guy who knows how to have a passing game

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Didn’t realize he was there 16 years. His name was mentioned a ton with the NFL for awhile but don’t think he ever had any desire to go. Stanford would be a great place to coach at. They’ve really crashed as a program the last few years.

Didn’t realize he was there 16 years. His name was mentioned a ton with the NFL for awhile but don’t think he ever had any desire to go. Stanford would be a great place to coach at. They’ve really crashed as a program the last few years.
He has been head coach for 12 seasons — 2011-2022. He was OC for four seasons prior (2007-2010).

ADVERTISEMENT