ADVERTISEMENT

She was a stripper during college. Now she’s running for Congress and sharing her story.

I believe in 2nd chances but I would prefer she do more to discourage young women from stripping.

Don't think she should hide it but at the same time I'd prefer if she made clear that it's something she's not proud of.

I'll whore myself out for likes in a stripping related thread....
Q5G2GOXFYBBKBOYFXURV5XQKZI.jpg

AlexandraHunt.jpg

unnamed-e1620302715745.jpg

images

maxresdefault.jpg
Scrawny, small bewbs, shiny 5-head, stringy hair.

At best a Davenport 5. I'll pass.

Ugh. She looks like the one who would talk to you about how she’s really not a stripper and she’s just paying for school and that’s why she doesn’t do mouth stuff on everyone but for you she’ll do it and by then you just want her to leave.
That's every 3rd female in law school :)

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
The issue with AOC isn’t that she was a bartender at a point in life. There is no shame in having once been a bartender.

The issue is that bartending was the crowning achievement of her career prior to being elected to Congress.
Whereas Trump was a shyster and a cheat who then became president.

The difference is that being a bartender wasn't the peak achievement for AOC, whereas Trump absolutely peaked at being a shyster and a cheat.

The issue with AOC isn’t that she was a bartender at a point in life. There is no shame in having once been a bartender.

The issue is that bartending was the crowning achievement of her career prior to being elected to Congress.
Wasn't that John Boehner's claim to fame before becoming a Congressman and Speaker of the House? But, I am sure "this is different."

Reactions: lucas80
Wasn't that John Boehner's claim to fame before becoming a Congressman and Speaker of the House? But, I am sure "this is different."
Boehner was the president of a company and served for several years in the Ohio State House before running for US Congress. Not sure where you got the idea that he was just a bartender before becoming a congressman.

She tended bar at a Mexican restaurant and she was a volunteer worker on Bernie's 2016 campaign. What else was on her CV prior to running for Congress?
Pretty inspiring story, if you dig into it a little:

5c324e6801c0ea15f552bcb2

Reactions: cigaretteman
Boehner was the president of a company and served for several years in the Ohio State House before running for US Congress. Not sure where you got the idea that he was just a bartender before becoming a congressman.
I have listened to him talk about his bartender days and the educstion he received bartending....Actually, I like the guy. And he is proud of his bartending days.

I have listened to him talk about his bartender days and the educstion he received bartending....Actually, I like the guy. And he is proud of his bartending days.
Bartending is probably an excellent pre-representative job. You meet and talk to thousands of people from all walks of life, income levels, demographic backgrounds, etc. Your job as a representative is to REPRESENT your constituents' needs, so if you are reasonably intelligent (as both Boehner and AOC clearly are) having a good insight into the thoughts and concerns and economic reality of a wide cross section of people is a great tool.

Reactions: cigaretteman
That's great. But if you had actually read my post to which you responded, you would know that I clearly said there's nothing wrong with having been a bartender at one point in your life. My issue is with someone serving in Congress when bartending is the highest level of employment they have previously achieved.

That's great. But if you had actually read my post to which you responded, you would know that I clearly said there's nothing wrong with having been a bartender at one point in your life. My issue is with someone serving in Congress when bartending is the highest level of employment they have previously achieved.
Do you think a bartender doesn't understand how cash sales work and how to hide income?

Can you articulate why having bartending as your only job prior to being elected is worse than say having been a patent lawyer or realtor, for example?

Reactions: joelbc1
Can you articulate why having bartending as your only job prior to being elected is worse than say having been a patent lawyer or realtor, for example?
Can you provide an example of a time when I intimated that having been a patent lawyer or realtor is adequate preparation for serving in Congress?

Then dont worry about it. I was just pointing out, he asked you a question and answered his question with a question. That is not an answer.
But again, perhaps the best Governor Iowa ever had was a drunk truck driver..and he went on to become a US Senator?
There is no magic bullet here......
FFS, Joel. Driving a truck was not the pinnacle of Hughes’ employment prior to becoming governor of Iowa. He also managed a trucking company, founded the Iowa Better Trucking Bureau, and served as chairman of the State Commerce Commission.

For some reason you can’t seem to comprehend the difference between a job that someone once had as compared to the highest job level someone has achieved.

I’m just curious what it is about bartending specifically that you feel disqualifies one from being qualified for the US House of Representatives. Can you tell us?
Again…it’s not that bartending disqualifies one from serving in Congress. It’s that not having any work experience beyond bartending means you’re probably not yet qualified to serve in Congress.

To answer your earlier question, if the highest level of employment someone has attained is real estate agent then I would say they’re most likely not qualified to serve in Congress either.

I can understand why I have to keep explaining this shit to Joel. That’s just Joel being Joel. But you should know better.

Reactions: HugeEddie
Again…it’s not that bartending disqualifies one from serving in Congress. It’s that not having any work experience beyond bartending means you’re probably not yet qualified to serve in Congress.

To answer your earlier question, if the highest level of employment someone has attained is real estate agent then I would say they’re most likely not qualified to serve in Congress either.

I can understand why I have to keep explaining this shit to Joel. That’s just Joel being Joel. But you should know better.
So for you it’s an age thing? I guess I’m not understanding how someone with an advanced degree in economics and previous work in political campaigns is not qualified to be a representative because their job was bartending? The job is about listening to constituents and using your intelligence and judgement to make good decisions on their behalf. Also, do you not think voters should be the arbiters of who is “qualified” for the job they are choosing to fill?

So for you it’s an age thing?
Age is certainly part of the equation, but it's not the most important variable.
I guess I’m not understanding how someone with an advanced degree in economics and previous work in political campaigns is not qualified to be a representative because their job was bartending?
She holds a bachelor's degree. That's an advanced degree now? Tens of millions of Americans hold at least a bachelor's degree.
The job is about listening to constituents and using your intelligence and judgement to make good decisions on their behalf.
That's part of the job. Another part of the job is drafting and voting on legislation that involves trillions of dollars and/or complicated legal issues and affects every American. Is it too much to ask that the 435 people who possess one of these positions has at least some experience in legal or business matters beyond calculating bar tabs or making change for a 20? There are 700,000 people in New York's 14th congressional district. Surely at least one of them is good at listening to constituents and has some experience in legal or business fields.
Also, do you not think voters should be the arbiters of who is “qualified” for the job they are choosing to fill?
is that how you feel about the Colorado voters who elected a high school dropout whose business experience consisted of running a diner where the waitresses carry guns? Or the North Carolina voters who elected a 25-year-old college dropout whose political experience consisted of working as a part-time assistant to the previous representative in that district?

Age is certainly part of the equation, but it's not the most important variable.

She holds a bachelor's degree. That's an advanced degree now? Tens of millions of Americans hold at least a bachelor's degree.

That's part of the job. Another part of the job is drafting and voting on legislation that involves trillions of dollars and/or complicated legal issues and affects every American. Is it too much to ask that the 435 people who possess one of these positions has at least some experience in legal or business matters beyond calculating bar tabs or making change for a 20? There are 700,000 people in New York's 14th congressional district. Surely at least one of them is good at listening to constituents and has some experience in legal or business fields.

is that how you feel about the Colorado voters who elected a high school dropout whose business experience consisted of running a diner where the waitresses carry guns? Or the North Carolina voters who elected a 25-year-old college dropout whose political experience consisted of working as a part-time assistant to the previous representative in that district?
Your last question: kind of, yeah. I will make fun of them for electing stupid idiots, but that’s their call. In America, we get the governance we deserve - for better or worse.

She tended bar at a Mexican restaurant and she was a volunteer worker on Bernie's 2016 campaign. What else was on her CV prior to running for Congress?
Who cares?

My point was that she didn't peak there.

It's pretty clear that AOC didn't win on experience. Instead she won on ideas, values and her ability to communicate them.

Gosh. Imagine that. Maybe there's hope for America after all.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT