ADVERTISEMENT

Shocker: Barta has 'Full Faith' in Brian Ferentz

@natchrlman I thought life was too short to be arguing with random strangers on the internet, yet here we are.

You got anymore of those white cheddar Cheetos or other great life hacks?
reread my post I said “so spend as much time as possible arguing with random strangers on the internet”

I win

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
Backtracking, I see. Good for you. It’s nice when someone admits they are wrong. Doesn’t happen much these days.
if that brings happiness to your miserable day….. it’s worth it……someone needs a hug

• Haha
if that brings happiness to your miserable day….. it’s worth it……someone needs a hug
It’s always nice to set someone straight. You’re welcome. Seems the only one having a miserable day is you. You have been schooled by multiple posters.

I’m sorry you need a hug. Maybe Kirk or Brian will give you one.

I’m sure football’s 2 Rose Bowl wins and a national championship, and basketball’s 2 final fours and appearance in a title game in the ‘50s trumps the current athletic “success“ you are touting. As does the 80s, with 2 Rose Bowl appearances in football, a final four, elite eight, and sweet sixteen in basketball…..not to mention all the Big 10/national championships in wrestling.

Facts. Learn them.
Yeah, he’s a homer who aspires to be bounced on Kirk and Brian’s knee so his comment was dumb. No shock.

It’s always nice to set someone straight. You’re welcome. Seems the only one having a miserable day is you. You have been schooled by multiple posters.

I’m sorry you need a hug. Maybe Kirk or Brian will give you one.
yea I’m crushed …… you sure did show me…….trying to lighten up the board….. dumb mistake……. I’ll leave you all to pout and be angry about the Hawks….. I’m going fishing

@natchrlman I thought life was too short to be arguing with random strangers on the internet, yet here we are.

You got anymore of those white cheddar Cheetos or other great life hacks?
It’s been quite a while since I’ve seen someone get as schooled in a thread after touting himself as some cool dude as has knuckleheadman.

yea I’m crushed …… you sure did show me…….trying to lighten up the board….. dumb mistake……. I’ll leave you all to pout and be angry about the Hawks….. I’m going fishing
Life is too short. Put some of these asshats on ignore. I have, and it's a lot better.

• Love
Reactions: natchrlman
Life is too short. Put some of these asshats on ignore. I have, and it's a lot better.
solid advice! I know better……just sick of all the whining….and I’ve never been good at keeping my mouth shut …… caused me a few black eyes and chipped teeth over the years 😂

So a few insults from random anonymous strangers on the internet don’t damage me too bad 😉

Go Hawks!

• Haha
Reactions: frydaze
solid advice! I know better……just sick of all the whining….and I’ve never been good at keeping my mouth shut …… caused me a few black eyes and chipped teeth over the years 😂

So a few insults from random anonymous strangers on the internet don’t damage me too bad 😉

Go Hawks!
I thought you were going fishing.

I presume you wagered money on the Hawks to win tonight?

I thought you were going fishing.

I presume you wagered money on the Hawks to win tonight?
funny thing about technology I can use my phone in my boat

what’s with you and your sidekick Daze….you’re like each others mean girl friend….. I put him on ignore 20 years ago….. not sure why that pukes likes are showing up on your posts but don’t care….. you two are meant for each other….. now go away this conversation is going no where and I hear your mom calling

• Haha

what’s with you and your sidekick Daze….you’re like each others mean girl friend….. I put him on ignore 20 years ago….. not sure why that pukes likes are showing up on your posts but don’t care….. you two are meant for each other….. now go away this conversation is going no where and I hear your mom calling
Haha, see folks, he was making the same stupid ass posts years ago. The dude is a real piece of work. It’s why I coined him knuckleheadman years ago.

I’m sure football’s 2 Rose Bowl wins and a national championship, and basketball’s 2 final fours and appearance in a title game in the ‘50s trumps the current athletic “success“ you are touting. As does the 80s, with 2 Rose Bowl appearances in football, a final four, elite eight, and sweet sixteen in basketball…..not to mention all the Big 10/national championships in wrestling.

Facts. Learn them.
The 80's was a great time to be a Hawk fan. Basketball, Football and Wrestling were all solid! Oh how I miss those years.

So….I take it you did not put money down on the Hawks to win tonight?

is that important to you? wtf you’re more pathetic than I thought…… why don’t you and Daze go bump uglies and leave me alone
So you didn’t?

I have enough faith, confidence and positivity to put money down on a Hawk win (outright, no points). Guess I’m not as negative as you fantasize about.

Looks like you are the one who has no confidence in the Hawks!

Go back to fishing.

Daze he supposedly picked up towels and sniffed Jocks for the basketball team during Lute’s tenure

tried to translate that into being relevant to Iowa athletics….. then talked shit about his only claim to fame …… he’d show up on the wrestling board during nationals to bitch in the early rounds only to look stupid when they wrestled back to win

typical of so many of you on here that have no idea what it is to be a competitive D1 athlete and must feel some kind of weird vindication for your athletic shortcomings via trashing our coaches and athletes…..I’m an old man and I’m long past trying to impress anyone…as much as you think you’re impressive you’re just another pathetic noise contributor ……

This isn't "a rough patch". The incompetence has been going on his entire tenure as OC and QB coach. Brian was not qualified to be either and it SHOWS. If it is Captain Kirk pulling the strings, Brian is an idiot for staying in this position ruining his coaching resume. He looks like a boob.
100%

The 80's was a great time to be a Hawk fan. Basketball, Football and Wrestling were all solid! Oh how I miss those years.
Just think, my freshman year at Iowa in 1981 the head coaches were Hayden, Lute, and Gable. In 5 years as an Iowa student and we won the National title all 5 years. Lute took us to a Final Four in 1980. 10,000 crazed fans were regularly showing up for shirts&skins basketball scrimmages before home football games. Hayden took us to the first of 3 Rose Bowls in a 10-year period.

But yeah, Iowa sports is functioning better today than then.

Last edited:
Daze he supposedly picked up towels and sniffed Jocks for the basketball team during Lute’s tenure

tried to translate that into being relevant to Iowa athletics….. then talked shit about his only claim to fame …… he’d show up on the wrestling board during nationals to bitch in the early rounds only to look stupid when they wrestled back to win

typical of so many of you on here that have no idea what it is to be a competitive D1 athlete and must feel some kind of weird vindication for your athletic shortcomings via trashing our coaches and athletes…..I’m an old man and I’m long past trying to impress anyone…as much as you think you’re impressive you’re just another pathetic noise contributor ……
Years later and I’m still getting knuckleheadman frazzled lol. I called him out years ago here on the wrestling board and then it was determined I had fired him previously. made his ass go away in shame, and he’s still bothered by it. lol I love being a thorn in his far ass all these years.

frydaze and 83hawk…… I was cool in the 80’s
Beavis And Butthead 90S Tv GIF

I remember following the 2001-2004 run everyone stating that we're about to go "next level"....never happened....fast forward almost 20 years and the bar has become just like in Basketball....set sooooo unbelievably low its pathetic....we have a HC who may be the most pigheaded man in all of america....who we ALL agree will NEVER change....yet, some of you STILL believe he has "earned" the right to go out on his own terms.....BULLSHIT...never being put on probation and donating to a Childrens Hospital should have ZERO say in his future. You should be expected to not be put on probation, and if my net worth was around 75-100 million, I'd give a couple hundred thousand yearly to charity as well. And a .582 Big Ten winning percentage doesn't get you a statue outside your stadium at real programs...nor does successful seasons followed by ass kickings in postseason play.....this clown and his family needs to be gone one minute after this season is over.....Ferments Fatigue is f'n real damn it.

I remember following the 2001-2004 run everyone stating that we're about to go "next level"....never happened....fast forward almost 20 years and the bar has become just like in Basketball....set sooooo unbelievably low its pathetic....we have a HC who may be the most pigheaded man in all of america....who we ALL agree will NEVER change....yet, some of you STILL believe he has "earned" the right to go out on his own terms.....BULLSHIT...never being put on probation and donating to a Childrens Hospital should have ZERO say in his future. You should be expected to not be put on probation, and if my net worth was around 75-100 million, I'd give a couple hundred thousand yearly to charity as well. And a .582 Big Ten winning percentage doesn't get you a statue outside your stadium at real programs...nor does successful seasons followed by ass kickings in postseason play.....this clown and his family needs to be gone one minute after this season is over.....Ferments Fatigue is f'n real damn it.
NOBODY should ever be expected to go out in their own terms Unless they own the company. I’m not advocating KF be let go now, but if the program slides like Wisconsin’s started to under Chryst, sine hard scrutiny needs to happen.

So you didn’t?

I have enough faith, confidence and positivity to put money down on a Hawk win (outright, no points). Guess I’m not as negative as you fantasize about.

Looks like you are the one who has no confidence in the Hawks!

Go back to fishing.
What I find hilarious is he will make these self righteous posts, claim how it's just a game, that people need to find other hobbies, etc....yet he constantly posts on here and reacts to all the threads

NOBODY should ever be expected to go out in their own terms Unless they own the company. I’m not advocating KF be let go now, but if the program slides like Wisconsin’s started to under Chryst, sine hard scrutiny needs to happen.
Serious question....why does almost EVERYONE feel the need to throw in this caveat, prior or just after making a statement that says otherwise....I guarantee that 99% of the people that say this....especially the Iowa media....would not shed ONE tear if he was gone tomorrow. Can you just imagine the excitement it would INSTANTLY create....I can....and it makes my pants rise more than a little bit.

Serious question....why does almost EVERYONE feel the need to throw in this caveat, prior or just after making a statement that says otherwise....I guarantee that 99% of the people that say this....especially the Iowa media....would not shed ONE tear if he was gone tomorrow. Can you just imagine the excitement it would INSTANTLY create....I can....and it makes my pants rise more than a little bit.
Why? Because I'm not firing KF six games after a 10-win season and a pretty great run since 2015.

Barta puts way more value on number of tickets sold vs. where the offense ranks. Put it this way, if Iowa had the top ranked offense in college football, but no one showed up for the games and revenue was down, he’d be out of a job. Always follow the money.

Barta puts way more value on number of tickets sold vs. where the offense ranks. Put it this way, if Iowa had the top ranked offense in college football, but no one showed up for the games and revenue was down, he’d be out of a job. Always follow the money.
I get your point; however, the top offense would be very entertaining. Fans like entertainment.

Reactions: win1forthe
ADVERTISEMENT