ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at Highland Park, IL 4th of July Parade?

If you want to pay 45 - 50% in taxes, live in an 800-900 square foot flat, in exchange for cradle to grave nanny state go for it Joe. I prefer my acreage and 2,500 foot home...

I was reponding to Joe. The adults were talking about Denmark. Your HS tickytoc girls are in Germany. Those are two distinct countries.

The tax level as well as the government expenditure level in Denmark ranks among the highest in the world, which is traditionally ascribed to the Nordic model of which Denmark is an example, including the welfare state principles which historically evolved during the 20th century. In 2017, the official Danish tax level amounted to 46.1% of GDP.[79] The all-record highest Danish tax level was 49.8% of GDP,[79] reached in 2014 because of high extraordinary one-time tax revenues caused by a reorganization of the Danish-funded pension system. The Danish tax-to-GDP-ratio of 46% was the second-highest among all OECD countries, second only to France.

Now go back to watching teeny boppers dancing on TT...

I say this with 100% sincerity, I know a shit ton of gun people, of everyone I interact with that I low key might think would shoot up a "rally" or go way off the deep end. Chishawk1425 is my most likely acquaintance, and I know many former military that suffer from Ptsd.
This is the first time I’ve seen this written out. I’ve only heard the term from my 15 yo daughter. How fvcking old are you?

I was reponding to Joe. The adults were talking about Denmark. Your HS tickytoc girls are in Germany. Those are two distinct countries.

The tax level as well as the government expenditure level in Denmark ranks among the highest in the world, which is traditionally ascribed to the Nordic model of which Denmark is an example, including the welfare state principles which historically evolved during the 20th century. In 2017, the official Danish tax level amounted to 46.1% of GDP.[79] The all-record highest Danish tax level was 49.8% of GDP,[79] reached in 2014 because of high extraordinary one-time tax revenues caused by a reorganization of the Danish-funded pension system. The Danish tax-to-GDP-ratio of 46% was the second-highest among all OECD countries, second only to France.

Now go back to watching teeny boppers dancing on TT...
Not that there's anything wrong with watching teeny boppers dancing on tt or so I've heard 😉

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Wha? How'd this happen in a Social Democracy, with tons of social safety nets?

UNPOSSIBLE!!!!
Average wealth per capita in Denmark is waayyyyyyyyyyyy below the USA …… median wealth per capita is wayyyyy higher in Denmark. So they have a bunch of old money, centuries old moneys, very few immigrants, keeping the median high and the average stale.

Not that there's anything wrong with watching teeny boppers dancing on tt or so I've heard 😉
I'm not talking to you. :mad: Atlanta is beating up on my injury ridden Cardinals again tonight. Cards have started 9 rookies this year and are down 3 starters. We have a catcher picked up from waivers I never heard of. Cubs gave away the game yesterday to Milwaukee...

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
If you want to pay 45 - 50% in taxes, live in an 800-900 square foot flat, in exchange for cradle to grave nanny state go for it Joe. I prefer my acreage and 2,500 foot home...
This is all nonsense. Republicans love people who think like you. So do insurance and pharmaceutical companies. They NEED suckers like yourself to keep them ripping Americans off.

Reactions: Twoooooooo
Well - Denmark has very strict gun laws and still they have similar issues: psychotic young adults shooting up gathering areas, downplaying incidents by not calling them terrorism, etc.

They don't have "similar issues"

Gun violence is relatively rare in Denmark. The last shooting on this scale was in February 2015, when a 22-year-old man was killed in a shootout with police after an attack in the capital that left two people dead and five police officers wounded

Reactions: Tom Paris
I'm not talking to you. :mad: Atlanta is beating up on my injury ridden Cardinals again tonight. Cards have started 9 rookies this year and are down 3 starters. We have a catcher picked up from waivers I never heard of. Cubs gave away the game yesterday to Milwaukee...
Bravos ain't making it for decades my friend. Your cards should be in the mix, hell, every year? And I'm an nl fan, so if the Bravos don't make it, I'd root for the cards.

They don't have "similar issues"

Gun violence is relatively rare in Denmark. The last shooting on this scale was in February 2015, when a 22-year-old man was killed in a shootout with police after an attack in the capital that left two people dead and five police officers wounded
They have 1.7% of the population of America , so one should expect less incidents due to large numbers.

Multiply Denmark’s mass shootings to a similar ratio as the US: 2 mass shootings every 8 years.. 1.7/100.. it’s equivalent to about 14.7 mass shootings a year. Still far below America, but not insignificant.

Math:

Using two incidents per 8 years… 1.7% of the population of the US…. 2/incidents 0.017= 117.64 / 8 years = 14.7 incidents a year.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
They have 1.7% of the population of America , so one should expect less incidents due to large numbers.

Multiply Denmark’s mass shootings to a similar ratio as the US: 2 mass shootings every 8 years.. 1.7/100.. it’s equivalent to about 14.7 mass shootings a year. Still far below America, but not insignificant.

Math:

Using two incidents per 8 years… 1.7% of the population of the US…. 2/incidents 0.017= 117.64 / 8 years = 14.7 incidents a year.
Your math (and logic) is flawed

Please elaborate. I’m using known figure and facts without emotion: 1.7% of the population size of the USA (true and verifiable) 2 mass shootings since 2015 (true and verifiable)

Whats the US mass shootings a year (in your non-emotional analysis)?

I'm 100% serious. NC, aka groupthink, is a troll. Chris feels validated in his actions. That's thr guy more likely to actually act on the belief.

I pray we never know and you laugh at me in 20 years for suggesting something so silly.
You are a projecting embarrassment. I'll help people attacked by MAGAT terrorists before shooting anyone on American soil. You are a pos suggesting and demeaning me.

Whats the US mass shootings a year (in your non-emotional analysis)?
Not my point. I’m not arguing one side or the other. Just putting things in perspective, I don’t freak out and want to tear everything down when a mentally deranged person commits an act because it gives power to future perpetrators to know it causes countrywide angst. What better way for some loonatic to get their five minutes of fame.

Not my point. I’m not arguing one side or the other. Just putting things in perspective, I don’t freak out and want to tear everything down when a mentally deranged person commits an act because it gives power to future perpetrators to know it causes countrywide angst. What better way for some loonatic to get their five minutes of fame.

You said the Denmark calculated ratio was not insignificantly different than the US. What is the insignificant difference?

You said the Denmark calculated ratio was not insignificantly different than the US. What is the insignificant difference?
14.7 mass shootings a year is not insignificant. Which is what Denmark would have if it were the same population of US.

My argument with the numbers is to compare whether gun control like Denmark actually works? Because that’s ultimately what I am getting at while also trying to point out that mass shootings can happen anywhere, 14.7 a year is still way to many, in my opinion.

Yes gun control will work, how do we get there? Don’t see the 2nd amendment going away anytime soon.

My argument with the numbers is to compare whether gun control like Denmark actually works? Because that’s ultimately what I am getting at while also trying to point out that mass shootings can happen anywhere, 14.7 a year is still way to many, in my opinion.

Yes gun control will work, how do we get there? Don’t see the 2nd amendment going away anytime soon.
It’s the interpretation of the 2nd that is the problem. Look how hard MAGA Country fought against the most recent bill.

What ever happened to not plastering a shooters face and name all over the place. This kid will go down as one of the most known shooters in history....I get it when he was a fugitive but now?

Just inspires the next copycat loon....he's getting what he wanted.

What ever happened to not plastering a shooters face and name all over the place. This kid will go down as one of the most known shooters in history....I get it when he was a fugitive but now?

Just inspires the next copycat loon....he's getting what he wanted.

The next one would be inspired no matter what.

Plus, he was on the run. You haven’t heard much about the life of the Uvalde or a Buffalo shooters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT