ADVERTISEMENT

Shot fired at family home of North Carolina US House candidate...

I don’t understand. Where are all of the media saying this is caused by rhetoric from the left?
Likely waiting to make sure it actually was vs. a stray hunting bullet. There was no one hurt and nobody arrested yet and it is still being investigated.

You should probably sit this one out, Sparky, given your were one of the first MAGAs right out of the gate on the BS gay lover story when a spouse to the third in line for president was physically attacked in their home with a hammer due to political reasons you still refuse to acknowledge or admit.

Likely waiting to make sure it actually was vs. a stray hunting bullet. There was no one hurt and nobody arrested yet and it is still being investigated.

You should probably sit this one out, Sparky, given your were one of the first MAGAs right out of the gate on the BS gay lover story when a spouse to the third in line for president was physically attacked in their home with a hammer due to political reasons you still refuse to acknowledge or admit.
The FBI has been investigating. The man has been getting death threats. It’s why his kids were at the grandparents.

Looks like the kids were sleeping at the grandparents because of the death threats the candidate has been receiving. His opponent ran an ad featuring the house and it was shot at after the ad ran.

As the incident was made public, the family would reveal that the two girls had been living with their grandparents for much of the campaign cycle due to the slew of death threats - which they said put 'tremendous stress' on Harrigan, 35, and his loved ones.

The kids have since been relocated out of state, according to their grandmother - while Harrigan, who was not at the residence at the time of the shooting, has since come forward to confirm that he owns a lakeside property near the residence, in the town of Hickory.

Shockingly, that same property was featured in a campaign ad recently aired by Harrigan's primary opponent, Democrat Jeff Jackson - a scathing spot that showed the house and all of its surroundings. The commercial first aired on October 18, the day of the shooting, and has since been pulled from syndication.
Not the same property as the ad.

Senator Jeff Jackson, the Democrat running for the NC-14 congressional seat, has pulled a political ad from WCCB-TV and other Charlotte TV stations that showed a house owned by his Republican opponent Pat Harrigan. The decision was in response to a Twitter post from Harrigan that accused Jackson’s campaign of threatening political violence.

Hickory Police are currently investigating a shot that was fired into a different house owned by Harrigan’s family sometime between October 16 and October 18. Police have not said if the shooting was politically motivated.

Out of an abundance of caution, Jackson’s campaign pulled its campaign ad and issued the following statement:

“We fully support law enforcement as they investigate this incident and believe any wrongdoing should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We at Team Jackson pulled our ad in an abundance of caution and concern, but to be clear, the home involved in the incident has never been featured in any of our advertising,” said Tommy Cromie, Campaign Spokesperson.

Reactions: HIWILLE and ihhawk
Not the same property as the ad.

Senator Jeff Jackson, the Democrat running for the NC-14 congressional seat, has pulled a political ad from WCCB-TV and other Charlotte TV stations that showed a house owned by his Republican opponent Pat Harrigan. The decision was in response to a Twitter post from Harrigan that accused Jackson’s campaign of threatening political violence.

Hickory Police are currently investigating a shot that was fired into a different house owned by Harrigan’s family sometime between October 16 and October 18. Police have not said if the shooting was politically motivated.

Out of an abundance of caution, Jackson’s campaign pulled its campaign ad and issued the following statement:

“We fully support law enforcement as they investigate this incident and believe any wrongdoing should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We at Team Jackson pulled our ad in an abundance of caution and concern, but to be clear, the home involved in the incident has never been featured in any of our advertising,” said Tommy Cromie, Campaign Spokesperson.

As the poster mentioned, the story was updated to reflect a different house.

Are on board with thinking this nod a night time hunting accident as well

The FBI has been investigating. The man has been getting death threats. It’s why his kids were at the grandparents.
Yes so media can’t really do anything until they or local police say what they think is going on in case they have to walk it back if it turns out to not be related. Sadly 75% of these people both sides of aisle get death threats.

It could be an accident or it could be politically motivated. Usually the politically motivated people want to take credit for their actions, but maybe this person is an exception. The incident happened weeks ago (between October 16 and October 18) so hopefully the authorities are getting closer to solving the case. I'll take a wait and see approach.

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A recent shooting at the Hickory, North Carolina, residence of GOP congressional candidate Pat Harrigan's parents and young children caused no injuries but placed “tremendous stress” on the family in the final weeks of his campaign, Harrigan's mother said Thursday.

Harrigan, a firearms manufacturer and U.S. Army Special Forces veteran, is running against Democratic state Sen. Jeff Jackson for an open U.S. House seat in North Carolina's new 14th District based in western Charlotte. The left-leaning district emerged from a lengthy redistricting battle during which North Carolina redrew its congressional map to account for the additional seat it was awarded following the 2020 census.

Political analysts say the 2022 map favors Republicans in seven of the state’s 14 districts and favors Democrats in six, with one toss-up district in the Raleigh suburbs.

Marla Harrigan, 74, told The Associated Press on Thursday that she and her husband James Harrigan were watching television down the hall when a bullet shattered their laundry room window on the night of Oct. 18. The Hickory Police Department responded to their 911 call and noted in the police report that the incident involved a firearm.

The congressional candidate's children, ages 3 and 5, were asleep in the bedroom directly above the room where the shooting occurred, Marla Harrigan said. The bullet came from a densely wooded area and did not wake the kids.

She said the two children have been living with their grandparents in Hickory, about 57 miles northwest of Charlotte, for much of the campaign cycle. They have since been relocated out of state “out of an abundance of caution after the shooting," she said, adding that her son is urging his parents to leave town as well.

“It's just disconcerting, especially with the children there," Marla Harrigan told the AP. “This campaign is so stressful, and we feel so badly for our son because, you know, he's terribly stressed about his children ... and now they're gone, they're not with their parents and it's just very, very disruptive."

Hickory Police Department spokesperson Kristen Hart said the department has not made arrests related to the incident and that the investigation is ongoing.

Jordan Shaw, spokesperson for the Harrigan campaign, said the Republican candidate has also received numerous death threats, which they've submitted to the police to aid their investigation.

“I’m focused on fixing the economy, lowering prices and keeping our streets safe,” Harrigan said in a statement Thursday. “And it’ll take more than a bullet and death threats to knock this Green Beret off that mission.”

good people on both sides...something...something...

Reactions: SB_SB
I don’t understand. Where are all of the media saying this is caused by rhetoric from the left?

I think we know it's been caused by the rhetoric from the right. Republicans probably should stop the violent talk because now there inciting anger in both sides. Republicans may want to rethink their master plan.

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE and ihhawk
When did the shooting occur? If it was at night then obviously it wouldn’t be hunting. But if it was at dusk it could be.
Article says “night” as well as kids ages 3 and 5 sleeping, adults watching TV. Best guess, since the exact time wasn’t listed, would be between the hours of 7pm and 10pm.

My first thoughts too were, shot from the woods might equal hunting season. Still might be the case, but a lot less likely at night. I’m not a hunter. What animals are hunted after dark? Raccoons and coyotes?

Reactions: ironside1
You really reach with these narratives don’t you.
Here is what we know. The candidate has been getting death threats so he had his kids staying at his parents. Someone shoots a single round into the downstairs window of the room below where his kids are sleeping at night.

now it could be a complete coincidence that he is getting death threats and a bullet goes into a down stairs window of his parents house where his kids are at.

would you think it’s a coincidence if you were him

Article says “night” as well as kids ages 3 and 5 sleeping, adults watching TV. Best guess, since the exact time wasn’t listed, would be between the hours of 7pm and 10pm.

My first thoughts too were, shot from the woods might equal hunting season. Still might be the case, but a lot less likely at night. I’m not a hunter. What animals are hunted after dark? Raccoons and coyotes?
Yeah, Raccoons for sure. If it was intentional I hope they find them.

Here is what we know. The candidate has been getting death threats so he had his kids staying at his parents. Someone shoots a single round into the downstairs window of the room below where his kids are sleeping at night.

now it could be a complete coincidence that he is getting death threats and a bullet goes into a down stairs window of his parents house where his kids are at.

would you think it’s a coincidence if you were him
Definitely a possibility for both. We will see. But why not just a random act here?

Reactions: ihhawk
Folks, we are seeing large numbers of attacks on republican candidates. It’s entirely the fault of Biden and Democrats pushing lies and conspiracy theories to the public.

I think that both sides need to really understand that we have some crazy ass people in our parties that will do crazy shit in the name of politics. Trumps actions led to Jan 6th. There are conspiracy theories out there and some people can believe them and do nothing but it only takes a little drugs or a life event for a person to act out.

I personally think it is dumb for democrats to start claiming that democracy will end of republicans win because there are some folks out there that take it in a literal meaning and might start to “fight” to save democracy.

I also think it was epically stupid for Trump to claim the election was stolen after people had shown him that it wasn’t. It led to the freaking capital being stormed.

Reactions: hawkland14

2jcd8vab3fircou8cm2hjcxfv4i_1.jpg

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
because there are some folks out there that take it in a literal meaning and might start to “fight” to save democracy.
They're trying to get people to VOTE to save democracy.

As in, do NOT allow the crazies to hold any office.

You forgot "This needs to stop. Dems are spewing dangerous rhetoric and causing these elected officials to be in danger."
Nah. I think I was pretty concise. I’ll give you the this needs to stop. That should go without saying though.

ADVERTISEMENT