ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

The players would have started tweeting before whoever delivered the message could finish saying the name "Mike".

You can time it correctly. You don’t have to let them know before the leaks just before the official announcement.

During or after the Memphis game would have been a great time to call a team meeting. You could even have them drop their cells in a box before conducting it. Then have a half hour or hour meeting explaining the transition and what the likely time frame looks like. Then let them know who it is and when he’s likely to officially takeover as well as when their current coaches are likely being let go officially.

It’s called being professional AND demonstrating empathy for the players who lost/will be losing a coach. Plus it gives them agency.

I'm sorry... everybody is butt hurt over everything now days, I guess.

Not if you do it correctly.

Just imagine if you’re a player. Most of them had a number of choices they could have gone with but they signed with FSU because they were sold on the “family” aspect of it. They heard big names like Bob Stoops, James Franklin and Brian Kelly in negotiations. Then...womp womp, out of the blue it’s Mike Norvelle head coach at a place none of them even remotely considered and who they probably know very little about. Why weren’t they told before social media? Why weren’t they told at the same time or even before the boosters? Why are they being kept in the dark?

"FSU boosters/board had conference call a few minutes ago; I was told the mood is upbeat as folks were updated on the process that ended Norvell hiring. Mike was interviewed early and late in the process; among the top candidates entire time; lone candidate offered"

Yeah this is a lie apparently being told directly to boosters now. Lol. I'm sure that's why they sent the "Rennaissance letter", prepped for a new hire press conference a week early by "accident", and a bunch of our rumoured targets magically got raises right after talking to us. Yep....he was the one guy.

"FSU boosters/board had conference call a few minutes ago; I was told the mood is upbeat as folks were updated on the process that ended Norvell hiring. Mike was interviewed early and late in the process; among the top candidates entire time; lone candidate offered"

Yeah this is a lie apparently being told directly to boosters now. Lol.

So they nailed it. 1 for 1 on offers to signees. Hope they don’t hurt themselves patting themselves on the back.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Like all good propaganda the Odell story is based on a kernel of truth. It did NOT go down like the Gator story claims, but I can absolutely confirm that there is a very racist contingent of very high $$$ boosters who went OFF in front of me like I was attending a Drumpf rally when I was at their tailgate and box for the Miami and Alabama State game. And they were adamant that Willie was "the last N-word who will ever coach at FSU". It was mainly one prominent booster but there were an awful lot of head bobs to it. So I could see a scenario where after we struck out on all of the Plan A and B candidates and it was down to Norvell or the Clemson assistants that the admin might have floated Odell's name to the boosters as a temporary stop gap only to have it shot down. I did not hear that this DID occur, but I would not be surprised at all if someone tells me that later.

And I wouldn't be shocked at all if Odell ends up coming back anyways after a moment of pique passes.

There's no good purpose served by telling this story, even if it's true.

Yeah this is a lie apparently being told directly to boosters now. Lol. I'm sure that's why they sent the "Rennaissance letter", prepped for a new hire press conference a week early by "accident", and a bunch of our rumoured targets magically got raises right after talking to us. Yep....he was the one guy.

Um, after everything you've posted in this thread, you really have the balls to say someone else is lying, or their sources were bad?

Headhunters making inquiries is not the same as interviews and offers. I'd think a self proclaimed big time CEO like yourself would be able to make that distinction.

I've got to hand it to you. You have incredible brass. Right up there with Joe's Place. Most people would have cut their losses early and laid low for awhile. Your tenacity is amazing.

Oh, a couple of questions for you. Who is the booster that uttered the racist word? Did you call him out for that, either publicly or privately?

Last edited:
It's time to move on and support the players and coach. Nothing good will happen from everyone trying to prove they had the best sauces.

This one gets my vote:
GUEST_9f3aec4f-dd2c-4c15-9bb2-8557417a047a

"Just remember this, Rich Rodriguez was Alabama’s first choice before they hired Nick Saban. LSU wanted to hire Jimbo Fisher and Tom Herman but ended up with Ed Orgeron. The Gators courted Chip Kelly and Scott Frost before they hired Dan Mullen. Dabo Swinney was considered a disappointing choice among many Clemson fans when he was hired 11 years ago."

Quality

Agreed.
He’s 38 and hungry. I don’t want a guy half in, half out.

He’s getting some very good accolades from the folks connect d to Memphis—he did very well there without the indoor practice facility and 65 million dollar football only facility and the waterfall—amazing he was able to succeed without the waterfall

He’s getting some very good accolades from the folks connect d to Memphis—he did very well there without the indoor practice facility and 65 million dollar football only facility and the waterfall—amazing he was able to succeed without the waterfall
A guy who can win without a lazy river? I’m in!

Norvell just said Thrasher visited him during the Memphis bye week, which was the week Glenn Sugiyama was hired, and the week following Taggart being fired. That's pretty good for plan "C".

@goldmom said Stoops was a done deal. Why did you go off the grid after your announcement and how in the eff did we end up with a nobody?
I never went off the grid. I have posted every single day. I've also said I regret being duped and/or apologizing at least 30 times.
You got a problem, get over it and get behind our coach.
I like the hire. The guy is young, energetic and has some impressive stats. He also turned down Mizzou, Ole Miss, and Arkansas for FSU.

Looks like Mike is getting to work today

Future Seminoles
The Norvell hire will also aim to have a significant impact on the Seminoles' recruiting. With three decommits Friday, FSU fell to 22nd nationally in the 2020 class rankings.

In the wake of Norvell's introductory press conference, Norvell began following a number of FSU commits and targets on Twitter, drawing reactions on Twitter from them.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...otball-players-react-social-media/4370300002/

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I like the hire. I think he beats FSU with his Memphis team this past season. Doubt he has higher stars, but watching them play on Sat, they look better in all the little things that drove me crazy all season.

I never went off the grid. I have posted every single day. I've also said I regret being duped and/or apologizing at least 30 times.
You got a problem, get over it and get behind our coach.
I like the hire. The guy is young, energetic and has some impressive stats. He also turned down Mizzou, Ole Miss, and Arkansas for FSU.
Whoa, tap the brakes, I have not seen any of your posts. Can you elaborate on getting duped? I’ll I’ve seen is some of what Tribe has posted and nothing of substance from 128 or any of the other insiders that were saying Stoops. I backtrack on saying the guy is a nobody. His resume is and press conference was impressive. I am cautiously optimistic for the moment.

He spoke to the crowd at the basketball game today. He fired the crowd up and apparently the basketball team. He was energetic and said all the right things. That said, Willie said all the right things early. I want him to prove it to me.
First test will be howcthe early signing period goes and if he can reign the decommits back in...

He didn't really answer the question about whether he'll be coaching Memphis in the Cotton Bowl....

33:30 mark on the USA Today link....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT