ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

I just saw this and haven't read anything. It will be very good news if Bob Stoops is out. He is a good coach and would consistently have us at 10-11 wins but the price tag would be enormous. A younger, hungrier, coach like the guy at Iowa State could deliver 10-11 wins for a lot less money.

I agree with everything you said and also have Campbell as my preferred #1.

Having said that, my source got back to me and said unless there’s silence through Mon evening he doesn’t consider it dead. This little flurry of news stories are just posturing from both parties and comes up in negotiations all the time. Both parties “accidentally agree” to all of the conditions and then one or both parties says, “I should have pushed for more, let me try x to see if I squeeze more out of them.”

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I just saw this and haven't read anything. It will be very good news if Bob Stoops is out. He is a good coach and would consistently have us at 10-11 wins but the price tag would be enormous. A younger, hungrier, coach like the guy at Iowa State could deliver 10-11 wins for a lot less money.
I am now of the camp if not Bob and want to save money just give it to Odell and hire an enormous support staff and great OC and DC.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSUTribe76
I am now of if not Bob and want to save money just give it to Odell and hire an enormous support ataff and great OC and DC.

I would be fine with Odel and very strong coordinators and support staff. My first choice is the guy at Iowa State. He consistently beats highly ranked teams despite having far less talent and resources.

I agree with everything you said and also have Campbell as my preferred #1.

Having said that, my source got back to me and said unless there’s silence through Mon evening he doesn’t consider it dead. This little flurry of news stories are just posturing from both parties and comes up in negotiations all the time. Both parties “accidentally agree” to all of the conditions and then one or both parties says, “I should have pushed for more, let me try x to see if I squeeze more out of them.”

Something similar happened when Jimloss was negotiating for OC job to replace Jeff B. If I remember correctly, they had Bobby make a dramatic public statement that Jimloss was no longer a candidate and he wished him well in the future. That forevernoles lady who we later found out was associated with Terry Bowden said that it was still on despite Bobby's public statement. We all know how that ended.

I hope that this is different and Bob Stoops really is out of the picture.

I would be fine with Odel and very strong coordinators and support staff. My first choice is the guy at Iowa State. He consistently beats highly ranked teams despite having far less talent and resources.

What incentive does the Iowa St guy have coming here to work for an unknown commodity? He saw what happened to Taggart. If he doesn't produce big time day one he is gone. This is the same brain trust that hired MMJr. We are now between a rock and a hard place. Think ticket sales were bad this year, wait till next year when some unknown comes in and fails at recruiting and goes 6-6 or 7-5. No way. This is what you get during amateur hour...

The best direction right now is to promote Odell and pray you can keep Briles and Leavitt. If not this whole think will unravel big time...

What gives FSU fans ideas that Campbell can won 10-11 games? He has yet to win 9 and probably wont even get to 8 this year in what was supposed to be ISU’s greatest season ever.

Something similar happened when Jimloss was negotiating for OC job to replace Jeff B. If I remember correctly, they had Bobby make a dramatic public statement that Jimloss was no longer a candidate and he wished him well in the future. That forevernoles lady who we later found out was associated with Terry Bowden said that it was still on despite Bobby's public statement. We all know how that ended.

I hope that this is different and Bob Stoops really is out of the picture.

Reactions: RunRonnieRun

Jimloss has his ring and he won't ever win another. I feel the same way about Bob Stoops. He is a very good coach but I highly doubt the hunger is there. Jimmy Johnson has three rings, one college and two pro, and he wasn't the same coach in Miami. He did good things, rebuilt the defense and made the playoffs but was never going back to the Super Bowl.

What incentive does the Iowa St guy have coming here to work for an unknown commodity? He saw what happened to Taggart. If he doesn't produce big time day one he is gone. This is the same brain trust that hired MMJr. We are now between a rock and a hard place.

You are absolutely correct. Some, and possibly many, coaches will avoid us because of our goofy lame duck University of Leon County administration. Taggart being given less than 2 years to fix a very broken situation only compounds the unattractiveness of the job.

What incentive does the Iowa St guy have coming here to work for an unknown commodity? He saw what happened to Taggart. If he doesn't produce big time day one he is gone. This is the same brain trust that hired MMJr. We are now between a rock and a hard place. Think ticket sales were bad this year, wait till next year when some unknown comes in and fails at recruiting and goes 6-6 or 7-5. No way. This is what you get during amateur hour...

The best direction right now is to promote Odell and pray you can keep Briles and Leavitt. If not this whole think will unravel big time...
No coach worth his salt thinks Taggart got a raw deal. The guy was in way over his head and it showed repeatedly. Then he got $18 million for his efforts and to go away.

My sources indicate that we had agreed to a deal with Stoops & were set to announce at halftime tomorrow. However, Bill Belichick has reached out to us to let us know that he wants the job, and that he's found a loophole that gives Tom Brady 4 years of eligibility exclusively at an ACC school located within 20 miles of the Florida/Georgia state line. Apparently he has already lined up Saban to be his DC.

Scoff if you want, but you heard it here first (just not from me, I don't want to expose my source).

Same logic that got us Meat Jr. BAU...

No, I am not saying don't spend money on a good coach. I agree Martin Jr was a cheap solution. I am saying don't pay Urban/Saban level money to a guy who will likely only deliver 10-11 wins consistently but always fall short of the expectations for his pay level.

What gives FSU fans ideas that Campbell can won 10-11 games? He has yet to win 9 and probably wont even get to 8 this year in what was supposed to be ISU’s greatest season ever.
Seriously?

FSU has way better resources and a recruiting base that blows Ames out of the water. You can win a national title at FSU. You can't at Iowa State. In other words, winning 8 games at ISU is probably equivalent to winning 12 at FSU.

My sources indicate that we had agreed to a deal with Stoops & were set to announce at halftime tomorrow. However, Bill Belichick has reached out to us to let us know that he wants the job, and that he's found a loophole that gives Tom Brady 4 years of eligibility exclusively at an ACC school located within 20 miles of the Florida/Georgia state line. Apparently he has already lined up Saban to be his DC.

Scoff if you want, but you heard it here first (just not from me, I don't want to expose my source).

LMAO

Impossible, Tribe and Goldmom say otherwise.

Unfortunately, it’s looking like he agreed in principal and then missed an FSU imposed “deadline” to sign. There’s still a possibility he comes back but my source has lost faith and says it’s time for option 2. Unfortunately even though I would prefer Campbell it looks like he’s not really an option because he’s refusing to meet until the season ends and FSU wants to sign right after Thanksgiving for option 2.

So the list is narrowing to Rhul, Franklin, Fleck, Norvell and possibly a Clemson assistant although by then you're no longer option 2 but option 3.

You are absolutely correct. Some, and possibly many, coaches will avoid us because of our goofy lame duck University of Leon County administration. Taggart being given less than 2 years to fix a very broken situation only compounds the unattractiveness of the job.
Unfortunately, it’s looking like he agreed in principal and then missed an FSU imposed “deadline” to sign. There’s still a possibility he comes back but my source has lost faith and says it’s time for option 2. Unfortunately even though I would prefer Campbell it looks like he’s not really an option because he’s refusing to meet until the season ends and FSU wants to sign right after Thanksgiving for option 2.

So the list is narrowing to Rhul, Franklin, Fleck, Norvell and possibly a Clemson assistant although by then you're no longer option 2 but option 3.
Doubt any head coach would agree until after a bowl game. That leaves Venables and Odell...

Unfortunately, it’s looking like he agreed in principal and then missed an FSU imposed “deadline” to sign.

Ouch! Almost sounds like he agreed but still wasn't completely sure. And it sounds like the other that are head coaches aren't going to sign until after their bowls, well then you gotta just go ahead and go with Odell in my opinion.

Haven’t been paying attention (drama fatigue from the last few years has set in), but interested to hear the latest/greatest. Will be sure to ignore any, ‘BS! Only 5 people know what’s going on...’ type stupidity that may follow.

@FSUTribe76, you hear anything? Something seems to be brewing. Boosters are on a fund raising blitz.

Partially it’s being done to possibly entice Bob Stoops back as he was within a 72 hour grace period of officially being our coach anyways. But allegedly we’re done with Fleck. We allegedly told him thanks but no thanks when Bob was “in the fold” and my source says he hasn’t responded fantastically to renewed interest from us so that will be a whiff most likely. So double screw you Bob (if he doesn’t end up coming).

The only candidate that wasn’t on the original list (Rhuul, Campbell, Franklin, Mark Stoops, Mike Leach, Norvelle, everyone and their mother from Clemson etc...) that’s popped up is Brian Kelly specifically let us know he was interested. And apparently, we’re interested as well. I don’t know if anything will come of it as I don’t think he’s really interested, instead I think he’s just trying to up his contract at ND. BUT...that’s what Jimmy James Jim Joe Bob did to us at least twice and then actually DID move once his wife started humping the tennis instructor and a Gator, so you never know. Time to send up some hot coeds in Midwestern disguise up to Indiana to throw themselves at Brian Kelly.

@FSUTribe76, you hear anything? Something seems to be brewing. Boosters are on a fund raising blitz.

Oh and I should say I spent this past game at a tailgate and sitting in the bleachers with someone other than “my source” who is a booster of a high enough level he tailgates at the Bowden statue and has both box and fifty yard line 10-20 rows up seats (I’m being vague to protect anonymity). He wasn’t a friend but a friend of a partner of mine who had extra tickets and Whew!!! Good Jebus was he racist as %*^*. He went on a 25 minute N word spewed tirade about Willie and said there was no way he and some influential boosters were going to allow another N-Word to further ruin the football team.

So while I always assumed O’Dell was a distant choice anyways, I would assume this will be the death knell of any chances he had. I have never seen THAT bad of racism at FSU before, but in our current Trumpian world apparently people are feeling free to let their bigot flag fly. And while this guy probably doesn’t have a LOT of say and would probably be somewhere in the 30-100th biggest booster, he definitely gets to TALK to the boosters who really have a say. And no one at that tailgate rebuffed him other than me (and I was very gentle with it because he was giving me free tickets).

but in our current Trumpian world apparently people are feeling free to let their bigot flag fly.

First of all: Everything is political...

Secondly: Are you new to Tallahassee?

I remember people bitching about Charlie Ward getting the start at QB because black... until he started winning. Do that and the racism disappears.

Oh and I should say I spent this past game at a tailgate and sitting in the bleachers with someone other than “my source” who is a booster of a high enough level he tailgates at the Bowden statue and has both box and fifty yard line 10-20 rows up seats (I’m being vague to protect anonymity). He wasn’t a friend but a friend of a partner of mine who had extra tickets and Whew!!! Good Jebus was he racist as %*^*. He went on a 25 minute N word spewed tirade about Willie and said there was no way he and some influential boosters were going to allow another N-Word to further ruin the football team.

So while I always assumed O’Dell was a distant choice anyways, I would assume this will be the death knell of any chances he had. I have never seen THAT bad of racism at FSU before, but in our current Trumpian world apparently people are feeling free to let their bigot flag fly. And while this guy probably doesn’t have a LOT of say and would probably be somewhere in the 30-100th biggest booster, he definitely gets to TALK to the boosters who really have a say. And no one at that tailgate rebuffed him other than me (and I was very gentle with it because he was giving me free tickets).
If true, you should’ve told that guy to go **** himself and walked off.

If true, you should’ve told that guy to go **** himself and walked off.

I'm not going to scuttle a $9 million dollar project and fire 35 employees and a dozen contract vendors and stop helping hundreds in the addiction community just because I'm offended a douchebag is a racist Drumpf lover.

BS. FSU wouldn't hire the most renowned athletic search firm in the country if they were already negotiating with Stoops. Keep throwing crap against the wall. One of your guesses will certainly be right.

BS. FSU wouldn't hire the most renowned athletic search firm in the country if they were already negotiating with Stoops. Keep throwing crap against the wall. One of your guesses will certainly be right.

Ok then. You and Herbstreit are right. I, every booster I know, and all of the FSU beat writers are wrong. Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT