ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

Partially it’s being done to possibly entice Bob Stoops back as he was within a 72 hour grace period of officially being our coach anyways. But allegedly we’re done with Fleck. We allegedly told him thanks but no thanks when Bob was “in the fold” and my source says he hasn’t responded fantastically to renewed interest from us so that will be a whiff most likely. So double screw you Bob (if he doesn’t end up coming).

The only candidate that wasn’t on the original list (Rhuul, Campbell, Franklin, Mark Stoops, Mike Leach, Norvelle, everyone and their mother from Clemson etc...) that’s popped up is Brian Kelly specifically let us know he was interested. And apparently, we’re interested as well. I don’t know if anything will come of it as I don’t think he’s really interested, instead I think he’s just trying to up his contract at ND. BUT...that’s what Jimmy James Jim Joe Bob did to us at least twice and then actually DID move once his wife started humping the tennis instructor and a Gator, so you never know. Time to send up some hot coeds in Midwestern disguise up to Indiana to throw themselves at Brian Kelly.

You are so full of crap. You have no idea who's on the list.

Reactions: TennNole17

The Honey Beez are a Body Image Positive dance team. They have the typical scrawny dancerettes as well called the Sensational Stingettes but the Honey Beez are the only dance team celebrating the plus sized women. Frankly they were better dancers.

Reactions: Bro D
I will say, not in Tribe's defense, but just in general, there is a pretty prominent booster that was throwing this stuff out. I saw the texts. I'm also quite sure this booster is a source for one of the top FSU podcasts, although they didn't report it because nobody else would verify it. At one point it was Bob Stoops was a done deal with an SEC HC agreeing to be his DC and Briles staying on as OC.

At this point I'm just waiting on an official announcement and not paying attention to sources and podcasts. It is a feeding frenzy to drum up subscriptions and they are going to throw everything at the wall.

I will say, not in Tribe's defense, but just in general, there is a pretty prominent booster that was throwing this stuff out. I saw the texts. I'm also quite sure this booster is a source for one of the top FSU podcasts, although they didn't report it because nobody else would verify it. At one point it was Bob Stoops was a done deal with an SEC HC agreeing to be his DC and Briles staying on as OC.

At this point I'm just waiting on an official announcement and not paying attention to sources and podcasts. It is a feeding frenzy to drum up subscriptions and they are going to throw everything at the wall.
giphy.gif

Reactions: cmanole
This. Everyone wants to be an internet insider or a twitter source. E-cred.

Just wait until its reported/verified. Knowing 24 hours earlier won't matter.

Someone needs to rinse the sand out of their lower skin fold.

Exactly. I just say what I'm being told. Anyone who thinks these type of negotiations are "easy" and not constantly changing environment with alterations in demands, signals getting purposefully missent for other reasons, etc...has never been involved in a multiparty negotiation. The only way we just "grab" a coach is if it's someone who is so beneath our job that they have zero leverage. Even coaches who reach out to us like Mike Leach and Brian Kelly have a lot of leverage. So even if ML or BK want to be here and we want them to be here...you might get a better deal with an equivalent coach or one party might push their leverage too far and botch the whole negotiation.

It's a dance. Not grocery shopping.

Reactions: cmanole

Not sure who her source is/was, but a lot of people seem to be getting info from the same source based on the bits they've passed on. Then more and more people catch on and you get the hysteria we had the other Friday. @Nole Lou mentioned this elsewhere and I agree with him 100%.

When I first saw the text I thought, "wow, FSU would be back in the playoffs in two years". Then reality sunk in....why would a mildly successful HEAD COACH of an SEC school leave to be a DC at FSU? Forget about the fact that FSU would have to pay him $3-4M on top of the $40M over 5 years (according to the source) that Bob was getting.

Not sure who her source is/was, but a lot of people seem to be getting info from the same source based on the bits they've passed on. Then more and more people catch on and you get the hysteria we had the other Friday. @Nole Lou mentioned this elsewhere and I agree with him 100%.

When I first saw the text I thought, "wow, FSU would be back in the playoffs in two years". Then reality sunk in....why would a mildly successful HEAD COACH of an SEC school leave to be a DC at FSU? Forget about the fact that FSU would have to pay him $3-4M on top of the $40M over 5 years (according to the source) that Bob was getting.

No, it wasn't just rumor mongering. I heard the identical thing from 1) someone who is a decision maker, 2) a couple high level boosters who aren't decision-makers but who likely are consulted or at least informed for their $$$$, 3) a pretty popular podcaster/personality/writer whose wife is close friends with my wife, and 4) a couple of my old friends who are in admin positions in the athletic department both from a million years ago we when I wrote for the Flambeau and more recently when I was president of the government bar association. So hearing the same thing from that many places tells me everyone on FSU's side thought it was a done deal. And then some money issues/really just a heartburn from Bob Stoops scuttled it.

I haven't been commital to anything since because I'm hearing different things from different people now, which tells me nothing has been decided since Stoops flew the coop. The boosters still think Stoops is still in play hence the begging letter but everyone else (and my gut) says Stoops isn't happening now. He had all the opportunities to say yes...did in fact say yes verbally and then backed out before it was completely finalized.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
No, it wasn't just rumor mongering. I heard the identical thing from 1) someone who is a decision maker, 2) a couple high level boosters who aren't decision-makers but who likely are consulted or at least informed for their $$$$, 3) a pretty popular podcaster/personality/writer whose wife is close friends with my wife, and 4) a couple of my old friends who are in admin positions in the athletic department both from a million years ago we when I wrote for the Flambeau and more recently when I was president of the government bar association. So hearing the same thing from that many places tells me everyone on FSU's side thought it was a done deal. And then some money issues/really just a heartburn from Bob Stoops scuttled it.

I haven't been commital to anything since because I'm hearing different things from different people now, which tells me nothing has been decided since Stoops flew the coop. The boosters still think Stoops is still in play hence the begging letter but everyone else (and my gut) says Stoops isn't happening now. He had all the opportunities to say yes...did in fact say yes verbally and then backed out before it was completely finalized.

Unless you heard it from Thrasher, Coburn, or Burr, then you didn't hear it from a decision maker. I seriously doubt any of them would be talking to someone who's willing to post it on the internet.

The usual condescending platitudes about how it works. Well, it hasn't worked the way you've predicted it so far...

Unless you heard it from Thrasher, Coburn, or Burr, then you didn't hear it from a decision maker. I seriously doubt any of them would be talking to someone who's willing to post it on the internet.

The usual condescending platitudes about how it works. Well, it hasn't worked the way you've predicted it so far...
Damn man. Did Tribe piss in your Wheaties or something?

I don't understand the need to continually justify your "prediction".

I don't understand the mindset to try piece together a bunch of second hand info and share it on the Internet either.

Damn man. Did Tribe piss in your Wheaties or something?

Regardless, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about if he thinks those three are the decision makers and the search firm is a joke/just cya coverage as they’ve been coming forward with ^*%* like actually interviewing Sanders and treating him as legit and trying to push friggin Jack Del Rio (he of zero college coaching experience, no offensive understanding and no major wins). The people he identified may put forward a candidate, but nothing will be decided until the money people decide. That’s true of every decision. Heck, that’s true of my company where I’m CEO and have the third highest percentage ownership, I still have to defer to the big $$$.

I don't understand the need to continually justify your "prediction".

I don't understand the mindset to try piece together a bunch of second hand info and share it on the Internet either.

It’s called conversation. Jebus, everyone with their frigging conspiracy hats. “What’s his angle?” My angle is, I know things and it’s interesting to talk about. End of story. I get no subscribers to my nonexistent podcast, ahats like Finance would just say I “guessed” even if everything ended following exactly what I said and I’d still have to put up with grief.

It’s called conversation. Jebus, everyone with their frigging conspiracy hats. “What’s his angle?” My angle is, I know things and it’s interesting to talk about. End of story. I get no subscribers to my nonexistent podcast, ahats like Finance would just say I “guessed” even if everything ended following exactly what I said and I’d still have to put up with grief.
I don't think it's a conversation, when you lead with your thoughts on a subject, then get pissy when people cite the credibility of your conclusion. You're talking at people, not with. Its self serving. And, ultimately turned out wrong.

But, whatever, keep the conversation going.

Reactions: Finance85

I hadn't heard about the SEC Coach coming as DC, Mark I'm assuming - and no it makes no sense as a DC, but I did think the Bob hysteria was legit. I mean, it made sense. It still makes sense in a way too. I mean, they did say by the end of November which is not here yet and you have the 'search firm' kicking up a lot of dust. All told though, I want Odell, Briles, Leavitt, Edwards, Brooks maybe, etc. Who knows. That doesn't wash with Thrasher begging for cash though so that the Odell senario can't be. But why would Briles be so active if it wasn't Bob Stoops or Odell. I mean, it has to be one of those two doesn't it? I really don't have any faith in Thrasher or the AD at this point though. I mean, look who their big search turned up for the baseball coach...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I don’t know why Tribe is getting blasted on this issue. He’s casually relating info as he gets it. Maybe he’s right, maybe he’s wrong. We’re all just speculating at the end of the day. I appreciate the conversation.

I don't either other than people love to hate these days. Thanks Obama...

I don’t know why Tribe is getting blasted on this issue. He’s casually relating info as he gets it. Maybe he’s right, maybe he’s wrong. We’re all just speculating at the end of the day. I appreciate the conversation.

Well, it's been more than a week and no official confirmation.... thread title is #FakeNews....:mad:

Well, it's been more than a week and no official confirmation.... thread title is #FakeNews....:mad:

Well I would take it as official confirmation we’re not getting Bob. He would have been signed by now. All of the boosters I've talked to are holding out hope/working on making it happen, but I and everyone else think that ship has sailed. And the good news is that we did NOT fall into the Mark Stoops trap. I'm hearing that they are squashing that possibility (even though that's another bull%*% search firm candidate) firmly.

I mean sure, if Mark wants to come and be the coach in waiting and DC for 2-3 years with no guarantee with brother Bob then why not? But as HC? That's a cold hard pass from me. And fortunately it sounds the same for the boosters (which I don't necessarily see eye to eye with, I'm 100% in favor of Campbell if Bob isn't coming).

But yes it's not definitive it's not done as they're still talking to Bob but my SWAG says the odds dropped from 99% to maybe 10%........unless my disguised Seminole coed idea would work. He's obviously interested enough to talk and did say yes at least once....but when it came time to finalize he got cold feet. And I don't know how much warmer we can get those tootsies.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard about the SEC Coach coming as DC, Mark I'm assuming - and no it makes no sense as a DC, but I did think the Bob hysteria was legit. I mean, it made sense. It still makes sense in a way too. I mean, they did say by the end of November which is not here yet and you have the 'search firm' kicking up a lot of dust. All told though, I want Odell, Briles, Leavitt, Edwards, Brooks maybe, etc. Who knows. That doesn't wash with Thrasher begging for cash though so that the Odell senario can't be. But why would Briles be so active if it wasn't Bob Stoops or Odell. I mean, it has to be one of those two doesn't it? I really don't have any faith in Thrasher or the AD at this point though. I mean, look who their big search turned up for the baseball coach...

I felt the same way about the baseball coach. Over the past several months I've interacted with a bunch of high school and college coaches. Every single one of them said it was a home run hire. They all say he is an ace recruiter. If you look at some of his commits for upcoming classes you can see he is a very strong recruiter. I hope they are right.

Make stupid claims, get stupid responses.

Make stupid claims, get stupid responses.

A stupid claim is Finance insisting a lame duck president, a lame duck interim athletic director, and a CYA search firm hired because boosters are %*^*ed at the Taggart deal are the only people making decisions, while the people cutting six and seven figure checks have no say. I have very expressly said I hold no power, I just know one who does and a couple who might.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

He's not being casual. He's acting like he's got inside information he doesn't really have. OK by me because he's been wrong at every turn. Make up crap, then when it's wrong, make up crap to explain it.

FSU gave Bob Stoops a 72 hour deadline to sign? Really? Really?

I guess internet cred means something to some people.

A stupid claim is Finance insisting a lame duck president, a lame duck interim athletic director, and a CYA search firm hired because boosters are %*^*ed at the Taggart deal are the only people making decisions, while the people cutting six and seven figure checks have no say. I have very expressly said I hold no power, I just know one who does and a couple who might.

Only an idiot would think Glenn Sugiyama was a CYA hire. OMG.

He's not being casual. He's acting like he's got inside information he doesn't really have. OK by me because he's been wrong at every turn. Make up crap, then when it's wrong, make up crap to explain it.

FSU gave Bob Stoops a 72 hour deadline to sign? Really? Really?

I guess internet cred means something to some people.
He provided information that was given to him much of which was very similar to what I was hearing. You might not have anyone outside of those who live in your house who might have insights but I assure you that I do.

Mature response/perspective from someone who whines on the internet about what gets posted. Consistent, I will give you that.
I’m whining about people whining about other people making shit up, or something.

to stay consistent, eat a dick.

Well I would take it as official confirmation we’re not getting Bob. He would have been signed by now. All of the boosters I've talked to are holding out hope/working on making it happen, but I and everyone else think that ship has sailed. And the good news is that we did NOT fall into the Mark Stoops trap. I'm hearing that they are squashing that possibility (even though that's another bull%*% search firm candidate) firmly.

I mean sure, if Mark wants to come and be the coach in waiting and DC for 2-3 years with no guarantee with brother Bob then why not? But as HC? That's a cold hard pass from me. And fortunately it sounds the same for the boosters (which I don't necessarily see eye to eye with, I'm 100% in favor of Campbell if Bob isn't coming).

But yes it's not definitive it's not done as they're still talking to Bob but my SWAG says the odds dropped from 99% to maybe 10%........unless my disguised Seminole coed idea would work. He's obviously interested enough to talk and did say yes at least once....but when it came time to finalize he got cold feet. And I don't know how much warmer we can get those tootsies.

I told everyone here this yesterday and it's just now being reported (with the angle he turned us down, when the reality is the BS search firm presented Mark as a candidate after meeting with him and the boosters shut it down).

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/foo...state-officials-but-is-no-longer-a-candidate/

I don't mean to brag, but I have a friend who is very close with the Richt family, and Greg Reid told them on his Georgia visit that he planned to choose FSU. I never said anything because I didn't want to blow up their spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT