ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

Exactly. I just say what I'm being told. Anyone who thinks these type of negotiations are "easy" and not constantly changing environment with alterations in demands, signals getting purposefully missent for other reasons, etc...has never been involved in a multiparty negotiation. The only way we just "grab" a coach is if it's someone who is so beneath our job that they have zero leverage. Even coaches who reach out to us like Mike Leach and Brian Kelly have a lot of leverage. So even if ML or BK want to be here and we want them to be here...you might get a better deal with an equivalent coach or one party might push their leverage too far and botch the whole negotiation.

It's a dance. Not grocery shopping.

THis is a bad try to walk back a fail

Reactions: billanole
But PJ Fleck isn’t out of the running. I’ve heard he interviewed well and my source actually wants him rather than Franklin or Stoops. But while my source has pull he is not the deciding factor, so Fleck is option 3 at the moment.

Btw, this isn’t my opinion. I actually like Matt Campbell personally due to his repeated success in the smallest or second smallest fish in a Big Boy conference. Going head to head against Texas and Oklahoma oil money with only the second best Iowa corn money and actually managing to beat them is pretty impressive. Campbell took a program that in its 127 year history only had 8 years with more than 8 wins to back to back 8 win season and he might replicate that again. Prior to Campbell taking over Iowa State had 6 straight losing seasons, only 5 seasons above 500 over the previous 45 years and whose previous three seasons before he took over was 3-9, 2-10 & 3-9, and after only one 3-9 season had Iowa State with back to back 8 win seasons.

giphy.gif

You missed something. You’re fired from the Warchant Refugee Investigative Team.
so Matt Campbell is not the choice? Damn

so Matt Campbell is not the choice? Damn

Not so far. He’s my choice other than Bob Stoops. In my choices I’d have him 2A with Fleck and Rhule 2B and 2C respectively with Franklin 5th and of course Bob 1st. But right now they’re loving up on Brian Kelly after accidentally snubbing Fleck (who was interested and we snubbed after thinking Bob was in the bag). I’m not a big fan of wasting time on Brian Kelly because I assume if he’s tired of Notre Dame he will want to go to the NFL and not stick around recruiting and honestly I don’t think he’s done a fantastic job. I view Kelly the same way I view Franklin, they’ve done an average job at their respective schools neither exceeding expectations nor truly falling below it. And I think if either Kelly or Franklin came to FSU they’ve have us at Georgia level, ie always winning 9-11 games but never winning the championship. But Rhule, Fleck and Campbell have all really excelled and exceeded expectations almost every year. Those three could take us to a championship.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Not so far. He’s my choice other than Bob Stoops. In my choices I’d have him 2A with Fleck and Rhule 2B and 2C respectively with Franklin 5th and of course Bob 1st. But right now they’re loving up on Brian Kelly after accidentally snubbing Fleck (who was interested and we snubbed after thinking Bob was in the bag). I’m not a big fan of wasting time on Brian Kelly because I assume if he’s tired of Notre Dame he will want to go to the NFL and not stick around recruiting and honestly I don’t think he’s done a fantastic job. I view Kelly the same way I view Franklin, they’ve done an average job at their respective schools neither exceeding expectations nor truly falling below it. And I think if either Kelly or Franklin came to FSU they’ve have us at Georgia level, ie always winning 9-11 games but never winning the championship. But Rhule, Fleck and Campbell have all really excelled and exceeded expectations almost every year. Those three could take us to a championship.

I don't like any of these guys. Including Bob.

I would say Kelly has done more than an average job. ND played in the 2012 title game and made the 2018 playoffs. They going to finish the season 10-2 and play in great bowl this year. I also love the notion of FSU hiring away Notre Dame’s coach.

Let me just get this straight, Franklin who won 9 games multiple times at Vanderbilt and won 11 games twice at PSU as they came out of massive sanctions will be meh.

Meanwhile Campbel who had one 10 win at Toledo and nothing at ISU has execeed expecitations and will win championships?

Good luck with that.

Let me just get this straight, Franklin who won 9 games multiple times at Vanderbilt and won 11 games twice at PSU as they came out of massive sanctions will be meh.

Meanwhile Campbel who had one 10 win at Toledo and nothing at ISU has execeed expecitations and will win championships?

Good luck with that.

Franklin got beat today. He sucks.

I honestly think Odell should get a shot to see what he can do... especially if he somehow manages to beat the lizard people next week.

You would take a guy who has 4 games under his belt...3 of them being awful teams and the other just bad, over guys that have held the HC longer, rebuilt programs, and showed success against other big time programs? Over a coach with a natty? We aren’t exactly in a spot to “try” a guy out as he learns on the job. I love Odell, but he has been part of two very dysfunctional staffs. Not saying he was the problem, but don’t see how he can be the solution.

You would take a guy who has 4 games under his belt...3 of them being awful teams and the other just bad, over guys that have held the HC longer, rebuilt programs, and showed success against other big time programs? Over a coach with a natty? We aren’t exactly in a spot to “try” a guy out as he learns on the job. I love Odell, but he has been part of two very dysfunctional staffs. Not saying he was the problem, but don’t see how he can be the solution.

We're EXACTLY in a spot to "try" Odell. Instead of completely draining the bank account on a douchebag like Bob Stoops, we could hire some premo assistants and let Odell be the figurehead. It's just crazy enough that it might work.

There's only one way... the NOLE way.... N-O-L-E !

He wants to take a department manager and promote him to COO of a multi-million dollar operation and he sees nothing wrong with that.

Classic Trad.

He wants to take a department manager and promote him to COO of a multi-million dollar operation and he sees nothing wrong with that.

Classic Trad.

Every COO started somewhere. Odell would be awesome on the recruiting trail. He loves FSU. He'll lay down in front of a car for his kids. He's paid his dues. It could be amazing.

We're EXACTLY in a spot to "try" Odell. Instead of completely draining the bank account on a douchbag like Bob Stoops, we could hire some premo assistants and let Odell be the figurehead. It's just crazy enough that it might work.

There's only one way... the NOLE way.... N-O-L-E !

top end assistants are going to line up and work for a guy that has been a career positions coach? Not a coordinator, a position coach. Everyone saw how fast we pulled the rip chord with the last guy, which certainly doesn’t help our case. The last guy cost $20 mill to buyout, and we still did it. You think everyone knowing Odell costs nothing helps or hurts now?

we are behind the 8-ball as far as talent goes for the top tier teams. We lose another 2 years experimenting with Odell, where does that put us?

Every COO started somewhere. Odell would be awesome on the recruiting trail. He loves FSU. He'll lay down in front of a car for his kids. He's paid his dues. It could be amazing.
But very few of them jump several levels at one time to get there. I suppose you feel as though you're qualified as a middle HR manager to be the CEO of your company.

As soon as you stop acting like a bitch.
I’ll consent to being your actual bitch before anything that Tribe throws against the wall isn’t generic, second hand bullshit gathered from twitter, message boards, and podcasts, and repackaged as his inside info. Deal?

I’ll consent to being your actual bitch before anything that Tribe throws against the wall isn’t generic, second hand bullshit gathered from twitter, message boards, and podcasts, and repackaged as his inside info. Deal?

1. How would one verify this? Surely you see how fundamentally flawed this suggestion is.

2. I have never requested you be my bitch, just to stop acting like one.

3. After typing 1 and 2, it has occurred to me that you have reading comprehension issues and are new to the internet. T’s and P’s for both.

It would be an awesome Cinderella story. Maybe ESPN would say something nice about it.

I don’t want to hire a coach on the very off chance a Cinderella story is created, or that espn MIGHT say something positive towards us (winning would do much more).

I don’t want to hire a coach on the very off chance a Cinderella story is created, or that espn MIGHT say something positive towards us (winning would do much more).

Look, you keep him on a short leash.

Keep winning, GREAT!

Start losing, move on.

Great, fans like him. Most don’t know a damn thing about football or coaching. Many are also starved for success and are matching on and supporting the guy they currently have.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
This concept does not help the program...as has been pointed out.

Having the entire FSU administration on the way out doesn't help, either. What big-name coach wants to work for an AD who is leaving?

So, IF Odell beats the Gators next week, give him a one year contract. See how it goes.

Well, Butch Davis is up 16-3 over Miami. <shrug> can be any more of a ludicrous idea than the idea Trad is pushing.

Butch Davis is beating Manny Diaz? Manny Diaz in his first year of being a HC? Moving from DC at Miami to HC at Miami?

This hurts your argument.

On Saturday morning’s ACC Network show, former UGA and Miami head coach Mark Richt spoke about Haggins as FSU’s interim head coach.

Odell Haggins is Florida State football,” Mark Richt said. “He was a great player there, he was back there when they had the Seminole rap. He was there during the golden years of coach Bobby Bowden. He’s a special man and knows what it takes to win at Florida State.”

Richt went on to insinuate that the Florida State administration might want to give Haggins a realistic look to become the next head coach.

“There was in interim coach at LSU down in Baton Rouge that did real well and then they said, ‘well let’s hire this guy’. Let’s see what happens and how it works out. He coached d-line and what does Odell coach? D-line. I know know, it’s worked out pretty good so far?”

“I’m telling you, Odell has those kids' respect.”

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-Haggins-is-Florida-State-football-138255599/

Possibly by the end of the week. We’ve reached an agreement with a candidate and the final contract is being drawn up as we speak. It should be signed either by the end of this week or the beginning of the next one. There’s still some things that might pop up that could scuttle it, but I’d say it’s about 95-99% likely based on the inside scoop I’m hearing.

I was “sworn to secrecy” about who it is but I can say 90-95% of the fans will be happy with the switch. The remainder will be only those few who still loved Taggart, those who want O’Dell to take over a top flight position (as this signing will prove) without real experience as a HC and the NFL geeks who wanted Sanders with no real HC experience. The only hints I’ll add is that if it goes through as expected no one can say FSU is being cheap and some broadcast media are going to look foolish.

I was told that while the official final contract is being drawn up and reviewed, we will continue interviewing candidates just in case something goes wrong last minute so we’re not stuck with Norvell or Mark Stoops and that those meetings may be leaked not to add pressure to the one we’re waiting on a signed contract with but to show due diligence to the fan base and media.

So, its been a week...who'd you hire? Kirk or Brian?

No one was born a head coach. Everybody has to start somewhere. What's it going to hurt to give him a shot?

No, but many think there is a natural progression to the thing. And after being at a certain level for 2+ decades it stands to reason he either doesn't want to move up or really isn't capable. Or, that, perhaps he should try taking the reins of a smaller program to show he have the executive skills to run 100+ person, multi-million ship for a while. Aircraft carrier COs don't start on a carrier. They work their way through the small boys first. Some likely start on Coast Guard dinghies / boats before they join the real Navy and take control of a ship. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT