ADVERTISEMENT

Should Bob Hansen be coaching the Hawkeyes...

Nope.

Coaching basketball, playing basketball, and talking about basketball on the radio are 3 completely different skill sets.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
People that bring up bj Armstrong, bobby hanson, chuck long and a host of others need help in how this works

As long as he was guarding someone who wasn't a lot quicker, Hansen was a pretty good defender. He played with a little attitude and didn't mind getting physical.

While we are having a great time throwing out names, how about Don Nelson? Nellie, the winningest coach in the NBA. Probably about the same chance as Bobby coming back.

Nope.

Coaching basketball, playing basketball, and talking about basketball on the radio are 3 completely different skill sets.
I guess you never heard of Steve Kerr? He has played it, coached it and talked about it on the radio.

Reactions: BDinIC
I guess you never heard of Steve Kerr? He has played it, coached it and talked about it on the radio.
NBA and College Basketball are not even comparable. College coaches litterally have to teach players the fundamentals such learning how to set and come off a screen. NBA is all about putting together a scheme. It is the reason Kevin Ollie won a national championship his first year and has since been fired his team was coached by Jim Calhoun he just put in a NBA scheme. After his first year you could tell he had no idea how to coach at the college level. Same goes for College to NBA thier is a reason Billy Donovan, Hoiberg, Pitino, and Calapari failed.

"Single lightening bolt hits two people" I guess we can expect that to be happening quite frequently using this analogy.

I never even suggested it was impossible to be good at all three. I said it was 3 different skills. Having one doesn't automatically transfer to the other two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT