ADVERTISEMENT

Should Classic Rock Songs Be Toppled Like Confederate Statues?

The reality is we’re at a place where we just have to separate the artist from the art.

Should we ban Michael Jackson songs? What a loss. Never watch a movie starring Kevin Spacey? Or produced by Harvey Weinstein? What a loss.
I saw Kevin Spacey in a Eugene O'Neill play on Broadway. His portrayal of the drunken lifestyle rivals Nicholas Cage's character in "Leaving Las Vegas." We were sitting in the front row, and I was sure that a drunken Kevin Spacey was going to wobble or topple off the stage and land in the front row. That young man is a terrific actor.

He also put a lot of his own money into theater workshops and into producing classic but never-performed plays.

His absence is genuinely missed.

I saw Kevin Spacey in a Eugene O'Neill play on Broadway. His portrayal of the drunken lifestyle rivals Nicholas Cage's character in "Leaving Las Vegas." We were sitting in the front row, and I was sure that a drunken Kevin Spacey was going to wobble or topple off the stage and land in the front row. That young man is a terrific actor.

He also put a lot of his own money into theater workshops and into producing classic but never-performed plays.

His absence is genuinely missed.
First, why dig up this old thread? Second, disagree. Kevin Spacey is a fvcking human dumpster fire of awful. He should not be missed.

ADVERTISEMENT