ADVERTISEMENT

Should Iowa go after Jalen Hurts?

speed4power

HR All-State
Aug 17, 2017
Jalen will likely be looking to tansfer from Bama. His passing ability is as good or better than Stanley, and his running abilities would be a breath of fresh air for our offense. I think a Jalen/Stanley battle for the starting spot might be a good thing. Thoughts?

We could match whatever offer all the other blue bloods are giving him and he wouldn't even turn his head our direction. Why would anybody want to go from the national spotlight and NCAA championship to... Iowa? Sorry, but that's just a fact.

He'll go to his former OC Kiffin at FAU before he thinks Iowa. Bad fit both ways in this case.

Reactions: HKI
Let's see if I am following this. Hurts gets beat out at Bama because he's not a good enough passer, even though he is throwing to 5* receivers behind a 5* line. But, he'll do better at Iowa than Stanley?

No.

Jalen will likely be looking to tansfer from Bama. His passing ability is as good or better than Stanley, and his running abilities would be a breath of fresh air for our offense. I think a Jalen/Stanley battle for the starting spot might be a good thing. Thoughts?
Wow! Shoulda figured some horse$hit like this would come up. Let him walk in at RB. If he can hack it and does well maybe put him on scholly.

First off, Stanley has a far better arm than Hurts. Not even close. Secondly, I love our current QB situation with Stanley, then Mansell, then Petras, with Boyle and Cook still as possibilities.
This... He's a runner 1st, who is given his options prior to the play. He's not a defensive front or coverage recognizer/reader. That's why they put the other kid in, because he can throw. JH is a limited QB on a athletic & talented team.

Who says he's transferring? Bama might use both of them for change of pace. Lord knows Hurts can run and put a hurt on a guy when he delivers hits. But if he left Bama he'd go to a school that uses running QBs (Louisville? Jackson declared for the draft). Although there is a tiny bit of me that thinks he's closer to Brad Banks than any other QB Iowa has ever had. But he's not coming to Iowa. Not sure he leaves Bama, either.

We could match whatever offer all the other blue bloods are giving him and he wouldn't even turn his head our direction. Why would anybody want to go from the national spotlight and NCAA championship to... Iowa? Sorry, but that's just a fact.
Because I said so.....and I want Iowa to win a national title.

Bama winning titles and playing for titles got old in 2011.

It's 2017. F*** Bama.

giphy.gif

Reactions: hawkandroll
Just call yourself a racist, and save us the time. Lol
You're everything thats driving this country to pussification. Looking to be offended or call racism at every chance you get. You thrive on drama. Making a comment about someone's hair, as if a white person couldn't have their hair braided like hurts did, is normal. You reacting to it like a snowflake jackass shows exactly what you are. A snowflake jackass

Just call yourself a racist, and save us the time. Lol
I don't think it should make a difference what color the man is, bad hair is bad hair, your the one that is making it a racist comment. LOL I am sure his hair looks fine when he is in street clothes and its not tied up hanging out the back of his helmet. I guess I could have said it looks like a sawed off tree branch, would that have been a little less racist? I am not politically correct, never have been and don't plan on being, I call it like I see it.

Really.....I'll take Stanley.....Jalen is a great kid but our loyalty is to our guys.......

Reactions: Harbinger273
I don't think it should make a difference what color the man is, bad hair is bad hair, your the one that is making it a racist comment. LOL I am sure his hair looks fine when he is in street clothes and its not tied up hanging out the back of his helmet. I guess I could have said it looks like a sawed off tree branch, would that have been a little less racist? I am not politically correct, never have been and don't plan on being, I call it like I see it.

I wasn't serious, my friend. I gotcha.

Not I gotcha, but I meant I understand your point. Just funnin'

Last edited:
You're everything thats driving this country to pussification. Looking to be offended or call racism at every chance you get. You thrive on drama. Making a comment about someone's hair, as if a white person couldn't have their hair braided like hurts did, is normal. You reacting to it like a snowflake jackass shows exactly what you are. A snowflake jackass

You reacting to his comment like a snowflake jackass shows exactly what YOU are....a snowflake jackass.

You reacting to his comment like a snowflake jackass shows exactly what YOU are....a snowflake jackass.
Calling someone a snowflake is not "acting like a snowflake." Your dumbass is pretty much saying confronting a bully and calling them a bully is "being a bully." You're also part of the pussification

Calling someone a snowflake is not "acting like a snowflake." Your dumbass is pretty much saying confronting a bully and calling them a bully is "being a bully." You're also part of the pussification

Whining and crying about someone’s response on a message board is the literal definition of being a snowflake, Mr. internet fake tough guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT