ADVERTISEMENT

Should we let nature have Florida back?

Well, you CAN choose where you live. And as I mentioned in the "stayed behind" thread, life's a series of decisions.

I've been to Florida. Nice beaches. Lovely place to visit in March.

Come late August though...

Reactions: BrianNole09
The good people of Mississippi could take them in.

The deep south would be an awful place to live if you were not close to the ocean. The heat and humidity is just disgusting.

California has earthquakes, Florida has hurricanes,
Oklahoma has tornadoes, Minnesota has snow,
Arizona has heat over 100 degrees.......................

Iowa has Kinnick Stadium in September, October and
November.

It's more fun to subsidize the entire state's hurricane and flood insurance. It's the epitome of a welfare state.

Humans really were never meant to live in Florida, at least not in these numbers. Maybe we should let the claims adjusters just write Florida off, allow the canals and dikes to be breached, surrender to the mosquitos, and just give the land back to the Seminoles?
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/09/08/hurricane-irma-florida-215586
NO. There are a lot of really stupid people in Florida. I mean no common sense whatsoever, a much higher percentage than the rest of the population. Where would they go? I say keep Florida viable.

Plus, Caribbean cruises from Charleston would be just enough longer to be annoying.

Well, Carl Fisher, a nice boy from the Midwest - used his auto fortune to artificially build this strip of sand that nature called mangrove swamp to create Miami Beach. You damn Yankees. See what kinda monster came out of that?

I've been in blizzards in New York (not the city), Wisconsin and Michigan. Not fun.

Nature will take FL back regardless.

qigybB8WCFEGKp_Y-rGrQsbO_yT0pdUFqa-Y4Ms3LvqoPJddoDPtCzd8R-8_WKzpcpZ7H8rawdMAwAalTBdPMMaRTurO-cQhBrHXtCdGRuPIWRlutilJ8QhO_ltkt9CS0wNFKJ8o

Well, you CAN choose where you live. And as I mentioned in the "stayed behind" thread, life's a series of decisions.

I've been to Florida. Nice beaches. Lovely place to visit in March.

Come late August though...
I'm from Ohio but lived in St Augustine Beach from 2008 until April of this year when we had to move for my job. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT