ADVERTISEMENT

Should we outlaw adoptions from foreign countries?

Little pink newborns, yes. Black babies and older kids, no, to the tune of up to 500k kids in foster care hoping to get adopted. And 60% of women getting abortions are black. The tens of thousands of fresh pink babies people are hoping to see hit the adoption circuit are not happening.
Which are being aborted?
TIA.

If they are white, the answer is probably yes. If they are a minority, not likely. The other problem is that many babies (white or minority) are not put up for adoption at birth because the birth mother wants to keep them. When they do not properly care for them, they go in the foster care system. By the time the court finally terminates the parental rights, they are older than what most people want to adopt. I wish more women would choose to have and put their baby up for adoption instead of having an abortion, but I will always feel that it is a woman's right to choose.
Or perhaps they’ll be re-introduced to the modern miracle of contraception which is so readily available - even to women on Medicaid.
Even more stupendously beneficial would be convincing an entire generation of young men to put on a condom. Think of all the babies who won’t be born into poverty and without a father in the home.
It would be the woman’s truly ultimate right to choose...”no glove, no love”.

Or perhaps they’ll be re-introduced to the modern miracle of contraception which is so readily available - even to women on Medicaid.
Even more stupendously beneficial would be convincing an entire generation of young men to put on a condom. Think of all the babies who won’t be born into poverty and without a father in the home.
It would be the woman’s truly ultimate right to choose...”no glove, no love”.
I totally agree. What about Clarence discussing banning contraceptives?

Reactions: RileyHawk
Or Kavanaugh coming along behind and saying absolutely not...?
Kavanaugh will be like Roberts on abortion: he'll say he doesn't agree with banning birth control in his concurrent opinion voting to ban birth control.

Look, they're all catholic, so we're now living under an unelected theocracy. Birth control will certainly go soon.

You honestly don't think red states aren't going to act upon the statement?
You honestly think in 2022 women are going to vote in assholes that don’t allow contraception?

When the dust settles and the emotional reaction calms people will remember that a majority of ALL women in ALL parties and ALL religions generally support the right to an abortion-for at least the first trimester and up into the second for medical reasons. And we outnumber men voters.
If the Republicans try to pull some extremist crap they’ll be voted out too.
Fifty plus years ago women could get on the pill - way before Roe v Wade. You think we’re going back to the Dark Ages?
Oh hell no.

I think what he's getting at is that if you don't have the nurturing you need from early in life it becomes so hard to help kids. Every study shows how important it is. To add an anecdotal story. Friends adopted a young boy when he was 3 or 4. Despite showing unbelieveable amount of love and every kind of support, he is still getting help from outside agencies for running away, having fits of rage, etc...
I have a business associate.......same story. It's been a challenge for them, for sure.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
You honestly think in 2022 women are going to vote in assholes that don’t allow contraception?

When the dust settles and the emotional reaction calms people will remember that a majority of ALL women in ALL parties and ALL religions generally support the right to an abortion-for at least the first trimester and up into the second for medical reasons. And we outnumber men voters.
If the Republicans try to pull some extremist crap they’ll be voted out too.
Fifty plus years ago women could get on the pill - way before Roe v Wade. You think we’re going back to the Dark Ages?
Oh hell no.
You are living in denial. It will happen in dark red states. What is the female representation in state Congresses like Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, etc. You just refuse to live in the real world.

Reactions: blhawk
Kavanaugh will be like Roberts on abortion: he'll say he doesn't agree with banning birth control in his concurrent opinion voting to ban birth control.

Look, they're all catholic, so we're now living under an unelected theocracy. Birth control will certainly go soon.

Well look I’m Catholic - and survey after survey has shown most Catholic women not only approve of birth control, they USE birth control.
Theocracy is some ridiculous word being thrown around by emotional Karens and lefties who are trying desperately to turn back a November disaster.

Well look I’m Catholic - and survey after survey has shown most Catholic women not only approve of birth control, they USE birth control.
Theocracy is some ridiculous word being thrown around by emotional Karens and lefties who are trying desperately to turn back a November disaster.
You do know what C. Thomas wrote today?

You are living in denial. It will happen in dark red states. What is the female representation in state Congresses like Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, etc. You just refuse to live in the real world.
And you’re easily led by the small coterie of left wing journos who’ve probably never been to those places. Have YOU ever been there?
Interesting that your name is “global” yet your misconceptions are blatantly provincial.

And you’re easily led by the small coterie of left wing journos who’ve probably never been to those places. Have YOU ever been there?
Interesting that your name is “global” yet your misconceptions are blatantly provincial.
Haha. Goldmom. Look up the female representation in those states. You just spout off without any research.

Reactions: RileyHawk
According to the googles:

Why on earth does it cost an average of $60K to adopt a U.S. child and an average of $20K for a foreign child? Why does it cost ANYTHING!? We need very intense background investigations, but it shouldn't cost $60K to take a child out of the system to provide a stable and loving home.

Goldmom, even though I do not usually agree with you politically, I like you. But man, you really are in denial about what is going on. The two new justices said they would not overturn Roe V. Wade in their confirmation hearings, and they just did. Nothing will surprise me going forward. I do not care for either party, but the Republicans are really out there right now.

Possible abused coke or drug baby. Sad stuff. Some people unable to conceive might try the challenge.
Guess you think he should have been in a dumpster.

Not a drug baby but what in the world would make you think I want him in the dumpster? My friends love this kid like their own... he is their own. This is the best shot he has.

Or perhaps they’ll be re-introduced to the modern miracle of contraception
Are we going to protect contraception from the religious zealots who seem to be ruling our country right now? The court is majority catholic, no?

Are we going to protect contraception from the religious zealots who seem to be ruling our country right now? The court is majority catholic, no?
So Catholic = Religious Zealots now?

Does this mean we can’t wear shorts to 5:30 Mass on Saturday anymore and we have to start coming to pot luck suppers in the Church Hall on Wednesdays now?
OMG like Methodists or something? 😱

Newsflash: The largest religious membership in the US - last time I checked - was Catholic. That’s a lotta nutjobs...😇

Have I misjudged your intelligence all these years? Surely you had a momentary lapse in your usual excellent writing ability, or have you somehow been surrounded by neighbors there in Jawja who are the usual Jawja types?
You know, the ones who often begin a sentence with “My preacher said...” or “Go Dawgs” and have a living room full of those fake leather recliner sofas with cup holders and a crocheted blanket hanging over the headrest done in red and black?

You know the problem with Atlanta is that it’s surrounded by...Jawja.

I mean...C’mon. Anti-Catholic is sooo 2000 and late. Even Scarlett O’Hara was a Catholic. 🙄

Reactions: DogBoyRy
There are a lot of orphans coming out of the Ukrainians conflict and I think any law that tries to force people to adopt children that are not necessarily their first choice is idiotic.

Hollywood has for years reveled in adopting poor African children, would this law apply to them also or just the average Americans?

Most of the kids in foster care are older and many have serious issues. People will not adopt at all before diving into that mess.

Can we just stop people from crossing the southern border illegally first?
Maybe we should just remind some of our religious bigots on this board that those pesky Central America Hispanics tend to be...Catholics!!!
Oh noooo!

Reactions: SA_Hawk
FIFY... some of my best, and most accepting friends, are catholic. You inserted an "all" where I did not put one nor intend one to be. Grab another cup of coffee.
LOL good guess...I hadn’t even had my first when I posted that. 😉

According to the googles:

Why on earth does it cost an average of $60K to adopt a U.S. child and an average of $20K for a foreign child? Why does it cost ANYTHING!? We need very intense background investigations, but it shouldn't cost $60K to take a child out of the system to provide a stable and loving home.
Very simple, there are a lot of people (lawyers, doctors, social workers) and medical/administrative costs involved in the process. This is what you deal with when going through a private adoption agency. Not sure where you got the $20k amount, but everything I have read indicates the cost of international adoption is as much or more than a US child. It depends on which country you are adopting from.

We have so many babies right here to take care of... Plus over 400,000 already in foster care. Are Chinese babies better than American babies?
People adopt foreign babies, because they are babies.

People don't want to adopt kids that are 1 yr old or older. Nor "crack babies".
And they like them foreign "white babies" over the darker colored US babies available.

ADVERTISEMENT