ADVERTISEMENT

Shriever

Not sure on the time - but he faces a youngster from my county that's tough as nails. Should be a great match!

Not sure on the time - but he faces a youngster from my county that's tough as nails. Should be a great match!

And said youngster will be attending Wyoming Seminary next year, who really does a bang up job taking recruited studs from all over the country and making them better!

And said youngster will be attending Wyoming Seminary next year, who really does a bang up job taking recruited studs from all over the country and making them better!
Agreed - excited for his future and sad that he's not wrestling locally. But it's a great opportunity for him. I talked with his dad quite a bit as they were exploring their options.

Agreed - excited for his future and sad that he's not wrestling locally. But it's a great opportunity for him. I talked with his dad quite a bit as they were exploring their options.

I personally hate it as I don't think it shows how good you are as a coach. Being a good coach is taking a kid from the beginning and building him in your system, not looking for an incoming freshman with youth national titles, possibly a HS State title, and the rest.

Kid seems to be developing quite well in the room, why leave?

Reactions: Mendoza77
I believe Zeke wants stronger challenges in daily practices as well academically.

Reactions: DayHawk18
I personally hate it as I don't think it shows how good you are as a coach. Being a good coach is taking a kid from the beginning and building him in your system, not looking for an incoming freshman with youth national titles, possibly a HS State title, and the rest.

Why go to Iowa when you could go to Northern Colorado?

Waste of time, resources, and youth.

No. Certain coaches and programs can develop better than others whether in high school or college. Plus, workout partners make a huge difference.

Yes there 100% is.

My point isn't a problem with the kid making the choice, it's the coach who acts like he's a great coach (like the Sem coach).

Yes there 100% is.

My point isn't a problem with the kid making the choice, it's the coach who acts like he's a great coach (like the Sem coach).
I was just answering the question you asked, "why would he leave?"

He's down 3-4 , 1 minute to go in period 1

Up 5-4 end of 1

7-7 with a minute to go

106 Zeke Escalera Morganfield, KY (Kentucky) VPO1 Cullan Schriever Mason City, IA (Iowa), 9-7

Rathjen lost on backside gave up a TD at end of 2nd to lose on criteria:
106 Ryan Miller Stroudsburg, PA (Pennsylvania) VPO1 Caleb Rathjen Ankeny, IA (Iowa), 5-5
**Rathjen going for 7th/8th

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster51
Schriever consi match coming up on Mat 1

Looks like Schriever went down 3-2. Will wrestle for 5th tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: cometrock
Wish it was Schriever vs Rathjen. I don't think we will ever get to see it though (edit: again as I know they have wrestled before), Rathjen is going to get too big.

It will very interesting to see what Sebolt's first little Superman ends up (wrestling in general, not this tourney). I hope the best for him and someday is a Hawkeye if he keeps it up. Sure hope he doesn't burn out.

Day - on Rathjen I posted what his Dad told me about a month ago in response to some idiot saying Caleb's weight may depend on "competition." I will know more mid-August and will post what I know on weight. Speculation is fine and is what makes opinion boards sometimes fun, but so long as the opinions don't come as facts in terms of wrestlers dodging competition. That is like calling a golfer a cheater without knowing. A BS stigma. There is another dude who posts that knows the family that can post as well.

Reactions: wad57
It will very interesting to see what Sebolt's first little Superman ends up (wrestling in general, not this tourney). I hope the best for him and someday is a Hawkeye if he keeps it up. Sure hope he doesn't burn out.
Hopefully he can gain some weight and keep his development on par with the top guys. Its all about the clubs now. Sebolt has had success with other wrestlers showing good development as they advanced through high school Onoo, the 3 Bartels, and several other state champs and placewinners from the area. It's good for Cullen to lose a little so he works on things he needs to work on. He is probably a full sized 106er now, and isn't old for his grade like alot of these top wrestlers are now.

Day - on Rathjen I posted what his Dad told me about a month ago in response to some idiot saying Caleb's weight may depend on "competition." I will know more mid-August and will post what I know on weight. Speculation is fine and is what makes opinion boards sometimes fun, but so long as the opinions don't come as facts in terms of wrestlers dodging competition. That is like calling a golfer a cheater without knowing. A BS stigma. There is another dude who posts that knows the family that can post as well.
I remember reading your post, but don't quite remember what you said. Do you mind summarizing his weight class etc? I have heard he is tough as nails.

Hopefully he can gain some weight and keep his development on par with the top guys. Its all about the clubs now. Sebolt has had success with other wrestlers showing good development as they advanced through high school Onoo, the 3 Bartels, and several other state champs and placewinners from the area. It's good for Cullen to lose a little so he works on things he needs to work on. He is probably a full sized 106er now, and isn't old for his grade like alot of these top wrestlers are now.

Years of cutting year round, not a fan. Just not a fan of kids competing all year. Even the best wrestlers in college and the world have offseasons.

Nut - No problem. 106 if no growth which is very unlikely obviously. Probably 113. Big spurt 120. And to be clear, as I said before, he is going where his body goes not who is there at a weight class.

Lost for 5th to Zerban IL who was IKWF 108lb state champ which is IL Junior High state

Lost for 5th to Zerban IL who was IKWF 108lb state champ which is IL Junior High state
Zerban is a stud, was a 4X Ikwf state finalist losing his 5th and 6th grade year and winning it his 7th and 8th grade year. No clue where he's going to high school but he's going to be a good one and would have a solid chance win 106 in class 1 or 2 his freshman year but if he goes to a class 3 school he'll have to get through guys like ragusin and Mathew Ramos who are both ranked top 5 in the nation at 106 and both were cadet finalist.

They faced each other a couple of years ago with CS coming out on top but it was fairly close. VZ was definitely a funky type kid that rolled around a bunch.

The Bartels were not SWA kids.

ADVERTISEMENT