ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: 3-4 BigTen schools know they won't play football this Fall.

It would take a combo antibody vaccine / treatment, or something along that, which shows actual promise. I heard of one, but I think that's Switzerland or something. And, this fast tracking thing that Trump (I think?) kicks in on 1 or 2 of them. I could see him pushing a fast-track at all cost, in time for November.

In a weird way, if these events pan out and we end up with something that is actually a good treatment. What sucks is the season is basically over at that point. That's what really sucks about this. It's like if we only had 4 more months buffer.

So in that context, I could see the logic of a spring ball season somehow. Buckle down during the fall / winter. Stay safe, take some meds if available. wear a ****ing mask for ****s sake. And in the spring, things just get busy in general, people would still wanna go to games then it doesn't matter. And colleges could adjust it's $$ either way.

FWIW Minnesota junior colleges cancelled all sports for fall. Exception bring golf practice and target shooting.

All this regional stuff is just wishful thinking. There is no way schedules with teams in multiple conferences get formulated in 60 days. Dates would have to be ironed out. Contracts for payments. Stipulations if a team agrees to play for a certain $ but the other time is unable to play at that time and how much money they would receive for a game that doesn't get played. Nobody is going to want to guarantee a payout for a road team. This just is not going to happen.
A lot of programs have been working on the contingency plans for a few months now....many if not most are ready to move quickly on multiple scenarios.....

Reactions: TKingpin
Just out of curiosity what do you think Universities, etc will do if the death rate keeps going down as it has the last 10 weeks?
Honestly, not sure. Are people dying? Are the universities willing to risk the lawsuit and terrible press? You can guarantee a second wave doesn't become most deadly? Not sure.

You don't think I posted that like I was happy, right? NO ONE wants this. But, we don't always get what we want.

Last edited:
Reactions: David1979
I disagree. There’s a reason why the university stopped selling tickets and they’re guaranteeing your seats for 2021 if you choose to not renew this year. If, and a big if, the season happens, the capacity won’t be any larger than 50 percent. And even that is probably wishful thinking.

I will take 50% of the Stadium and no tickets to the away team ;-) but in all seriousness none of us know but I would have to agree with you to a point that it’s more realistic than what I stated. Mine is on “wishful thinking” than anything but who knows it’s a day to day thing we will have to live with but I am hoping obviously for the best as I have access to season tickets this coming season but will probably only end up going to 3 Iowa home games and for sure (if things go as planned) head to the PSU away game as location is obviously closer for us to travel to that stinky state of Pennsylvania

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT