ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: 5* Keion Brooks to visit Iowa

I like Fran as a coach. What you see is what you get which isn't a bad thing. I think the battle for Keion is Indiana - Mich. St. Ed Schilling assistant to Miller was Keion's fathers college coach. Izzo has been recruiting Brooks since the 8th grade. One of my friend's sons is a high level recruit in this cycle. Most five star recruits get out and visit several schools before they pull the trigger. They are looking for a fit..

I like Fran as a coach. What you see is what you get which isn't a bad thing. I think the battle for Keion is Indiana - Mich. St. Ed Schilling assistant to Miller was Keion's fathers college coach. Izzo has been recruiting Brooks since the 8th grade. One of my friend's sons is a high level recruit in this cycle. Most five star recruits get out and visit several schools before they pull the trigger. They are looking for a fit..

Thanks for the insight on Keion Brooks. There are alot of the 2019 top picks that have yet to commit. Matt Bain thinks that top recruits will be taking Sept visits then the dominos will fall.

Funny guys around here. All the insults will do nothing to change that Iowa is a lower tier Big 10 basketball team

Let me know the next time Iowa
  • Makes it to the sweet 16
  • Has a 1st Round NBA draft pick
  • Wins the Big 10
  • Wins the BTT
  • Is known outside of their coach being a raging maniac
Then we can really banter because basically yall have nothing to stand on but HOPE

Let me know when Indiana makes the tournament more than 50% of their seasons like they have over the last decade. A lot of hope in Bloomington but reality is a bitch. Y’all aren’t the Knight era Hoosiers, not even close.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Banning posters for anything other than obscenity, threats of violence etc. is especially contemptible in my opinion.

How weak are you that you can’t deal with some Walmart Hoosier talking smack on your board?

It’s just incredibly lame to suggest banning outsiders, and an admission that Iowa fans can’t function outside our protected little farmer bubble. Especially in view of the fact that there is a vocal subset of fans here who consistently accuse other programs of cheating. To fling accusations like that and then ask that posters from other fan bases to be banned is straight up cowardice.

Banners go play bingo. These boards are too dangerous for snowflakes like you.
Umm, it's really, really hard to get banned from here. This kind of banter is all that goes on here every single year in basketball and football, every flicking year.
Not sure you're calling the right fan base "snowflakes". There is a reason why almost every other fan base in the Big10 visits Iowa boards regularly.

Let me know when Indiana makes the tournament more than 50% of their seasons like they have over the last decade. A lot of hope in Bloomington but reality is a bitch. Y’all aren’t the Knight era Hoosiers, not even close.

I've never seen a fanbase so delusionally arrogant after missing the tournament two seasons in a row capped off by an 0-9 mark vs tournament teams last season in the weakest B1G in the history of the conference. Their coach was awful the entire year, lost to LOLRutgers of all teams to end the year, and they are convinced he's a good coach, despite the overwhelming evidence suggesting otherwise. And because they have pulled the wool over their eyes and are willfully ignorant about him, theyve all started going around to different boards trolling like the guy you've quoted here.

The good news is that IPFW or Indiana State (they both dumptrucked Indiana at Indiana by 20+ last year)should put an end to that for the third year in a row rather early into November, so you'll just have to endure it during the off-season.

Last edited:
I've never seen a fanbase so delusionally arrogant after missing the tournament two seasons in a row capped off by an 0-9 mark vs tournament teams last season in the weakest B1G in the history of the conference. Their coach was awful the entire year, lost to LOLRutgers of all teams to end the year, and they are convinced he's a good coach, despite the overwhelming evidence suggesting otherwise. And because they have pulled the wool over their eyes and are willfully ignorant about him, theyve all started going around to different boards trolling like the guy you've quoted here.

The good news is that IPFW or Indiana State (they both dumptrucked Indiana at Indiana by 20+ last year)should put an end to that for the third year in a row rather early into November, so you'll just have to endure it during the off-season.

I'll go on a limb and say Indiana doesnt miss the tournament ever again with Miller at the helm. The guy is head and shoulders a better coach and recruiter than Tom Crean. And a heck of a lot less awkward.

What a terrific post, you truly are one of a kind.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Losing Carton has triggered him. Losing him to IU would totally send him/her over the edge.
The funny thing is I didn't even have to read much of it, he's made the same post at least 3 times in this thread. He isn't a Hawkeye fan he's a Purdue fan that goes from board to board waiting for someone to bring up IU just he can put his 2 cents in. He truly is a "special" kind of guy.

Funny thing.... Knight himself, who has gone out of his way to avoid saying anything kind about his past employer, was quite complimentary of Miller and his abilities. But, you know better, right? You might want to wipe that bile off your chin. Dumb-ass....

McHoop

U seem really mad, maybe take a time out on this one..? Go Hawkeyes

Me, mad? No, just pointing out the facts about the current Hoosier basketball program. I find it amusing that some Indiana fans think their program is all that and a bag of chips. You've gone to the NCAA tourney 4 out of the last ten seasons. Congrats on that, you're obviously right back at the top of the conference, LMAO.

Me, mad? No, just pointing out the facts about the current Hoosier basketball program. I find it amusing that some Indiana fans think their program is all that and a bag of chips. You've gone to the NCAA tourney 4 out of the last ten seasons. Congrats on that, you're obviously right back at the top of the conference, LMAO.
I first came this board to get some insight on Carton, a kid I didn't know much about when IU started recruiting him. What I found were two fanbases bashing a program they have literally no room to talk about. IU has won the conference twice in the last 6 years while Iowa hasn't seen the top of the conference since 1978. They also went to the second weekend 3 times under a coach IU fired. While Iowa hasn't seen the second weekend since 1999. IU has also made the championship since then and won another conference title.

Players like Carton want to go to the NBA, Iowa since 1998 has had a whopping 3 players drafted since then, and none of which were in the first round. No wonder he wasn't seriously considering Iowa.

Recognize there are no IU fans here talking sh*t about Iowa football. The truth hurts but know your place, have a good day.

I first came this board to get some insight on Carton, a kid I didn't know much about when IU started recruiting him. What I found were two fanbases bashing a program they have literally no room to talk about. IU has won the conference twice in the last 6 years while Iowa hasn't seen the top of the conference since 1978. They also went to the second weekend 3 times under a coach IU fired. While Iowa hasn't seen the second weekend since 1999. IU has also made the championship since then and won another conference title.

Players like Carton want to go to the NBA, Iowa since 1998 has had a whopping 3 players drafted since then, and none of which were in the first round. No wonder he wasn't seriously considering Iowa.

Recognize there are no IU fans here talking sh*t about Iowa football. The truth hurts but know your place, have a good day.

And those conference championship teams did what ultimately? Not much. My place is right here to remind IU crap talkers that your recent laurels aren't much to be resting on and the distance between the programs isn't monumental. Besides, it's one of your alumni that ultimately led our program into the dark wilderness we're still trying to extract ourselves from. Go back to Peegs where your delusional base will agree with everything you say, or become a football fan and join the Go Big Red resurgence. Your two fanbases seem to have a lot in common.

Recognize that this a Hawkeye board....
I have no problem with the Hawkeye program, like I said I was only here to get a little more insight about Carton a kid I didn't know much about. I don't believe fran is near as bad of a coach as a lot of people act like he is. He does need to recruit a bit better, especially in terms of athletes, but ultimately he's not as bad as a lot of people even on this board act like he is.

And those conference championship teams did what ultimately? Not much. My place is right here to remind IU crap talkers that your recent laurels aren't much to be resting on and the distance between the programs isn't monumental. Besides, it's one of your alumni that ultimately led our program into the dark wilderness we're still trying to extract ourselves from. Go back to Peegs where your delusional base will agree with everything you say, or become a football fan and join the Go Big Red resurgence. Your two fanbases seem to have a lot in common.
Well one of them played for the national championship, I don't consider that nothing. Again, not an argument an Iowa fan wants to have.

I am probably going to regret typing this and getting involved in the pissing match, but to me, if a player is a 5* stud, then it shouldn't matter where he goes to school. Talent is talent regardless of what school it plays for. Steph Curry played for Davidson. Not exactly a powerhouse, and is arguably one of the best players in the NBA. So I don't see how I am expected to buy the old adage of "Player X should choose School Z because it gives him a better chance to make the NBA". Am I wrong in this thinking?

Funny thing.... Knight himself, who has gone out of his way to avoid saying anything kind about his past employer, was quite complimentary of Miller and his abilities. But, you know better, right? You might want to wipe that bile off your chin. Dumb-ass....

McHoop

Well, if Bob Knight said something nice about him in passing then I guess we can just forget about all of those stats and facts I just listed (lol).

Mr. BB Uthoff- Transfer
Mr. BB Jok- 3 star
Mr. BB Bohannon- 3 Star
Mr. BB and 2 time Gatorade POY Weiskamp- 4 star
Connor yes he is Fran's son - 3 star
Top 50 Woodbury chose Iowa over UN Cheats- 4star

Not one NBA draftee on that squad...woof!!!

Let's see the 5 stars to leave your state

Barnes- 1st rounder
Paige- 2nd Round
Lafrentz-1st round
Collison- 1st round
Hinrich- 1st round
McDermott- 1st Round

Oh when was the last time yall even made the sweet 16??

1998??

No top recruit would choose Iowa unless they are from the state and yall lose the real stars. Man I could argue over the last 25 years yall are the 3rd worst team in your state, but yeah yall can just pull 5 stars!!
As a Indiana fan, please just ignore this guy! I enjoy coming to other fans boards during the offseason just because I want to see what's going on around the league. But it's so frustrating to see 12 year old kids who say their fans of my team while acting like a complete jackass!

The reason I came over was to see everyone's opinion on D.J.C, and unfortunately I saw this guy.

From what I understand, Brooke's having fun with the recruiting process and is in no hurry to make a pick. Because of this, he is apparently wide open and in this day and age with 18 yr olds....I wouldn't be shocked at any school he picks. Of course I want him to pick Indiana, but if not us I'd want you all to get him.

Anyways once again, please ignore this 12 year old kid and good luck rest of the offseason!

Guys lay off of the IU fans, for the most part they are extremely knowledgeable hoops fans( something lacking here). They are also usually pretty polite and humble.

As far as Archie Miller goes, he is a hell of a coach and might even end up being better than his big brother (less stubborn). I had the pleasure of watching Archie coach at Arizona for a while and was very sad to see him go.

Reactions: jace46555
Yall haven't since these kids have been born. Yall can't even keep the best recruits in state but yall all of a sudden going to get a 5 star out Indiana back yard...mmmk
yall-come-back-now-ya-hear.jpg

Guys lay off of the IU fans, for the most part they are extremely knowledgeable hoops fans( something lacking here). They are also usually pretty polite and humble.

As far as Archie Miller goes, he is a hell of a coach and might even end up being better than his big brother (less stubborn). I had the pleasure of watching Archie coach at Arizona for a while and was very sad to see him go.
IU fans weren’t here to show their knowledge of the game period. Now move on.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Brooks isn't going to Iowa. Fran will be left with back up options and he will stubbornly refuse to use the transfer market to upgrade the roster.

I really dont mind Iowa being successful. As an IU fan. I just dont see why they would waste their time with Brooks and TJD. I'm not saying that they are locks for IU or anything but Fran needs to lock up Iowa 1st!

I really dont mind Iowa being successful. As an IU fan. I just dont see why they would waste their time with Brooks and TJD. I'm not saying that they are locks for IU or anything but Fran needs to lock up Iowa 1st!
UNC is starting to sniff around TJD.

Lets get these 2019 offers out so ad the other chips fall to other schools we can be ahead of the curve. Being in our conference is not as big as it used to be with all these mid majors making tourney runs now. Lets give up on Brooks btw...

The main problem with your aggrandized drivel is no Iowa fan is making any sort of claim about Iowa basketball being great. Something you, your brethren, and the Ohio State fan don't seem to grasp. It's called laying siege of a vacant castle. And the only purpose it seems to be serving is aiding in your apparent need for a self esteem boost over Indiana basketball. If Indiana basketball was actually worth a shit right now, you wouldn't be jerking off on the board of a fan base whose interest in basketball has declined precipitously over the last two decades.

So, lol, no, I don't think it's the Iowa fans who need to "recognize their place." Iowa fans are acutely aware of the mediocrity of Iowa basketball. No, I think the real delusion lies within the one who trolls the board of a mostly apathetic fan base promoting the supremacy of Indiana basketball. You're not even the top program in your own state right now, let alone anywhere near the top of the B1G, yet were supposed to be in awe of the greatness that is post-Knight Hoosier basketball?

Lol. GTFO. You arrogant, delusional SOB. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT