ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Does this HUGE Apple announcement prove Trump was right?

Hawkman34

HR All-American
Mar 17, 2002
I will tell you right now, that I am NOT a huge Trump fan..mostly on his public behavior, past deeds, etc. But man, this looks to me like he was spot on with the next tax changes. 20,000 new jobs + Cash coming back from oversees? And, Apple specifically mentions the Tax changes as to why they are doing this!!!!

How can this not be good?

HUGE APPLE ANNOUNCEMENT - http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/01/17/apple-new-campus-workers/

Considering that Apple just built a $5 billion building in California, my guess is that this expansion would have also come with Hillary in office. It's pretty clear that if you're building stuff like this under Obama, you would probably keep building under Trump, as well.

6b24874a1ffe4d59b73db18a7653170d.jpg

Actually, I can understand them building the corporate headquarters as they did. But, they could have built this second campus anywhere. It is not like all of their building are in the US. And, why mention the tax changes as the reason for this.....AND don't forget...they are also bringing cash back from overseas....no way they do THAT under Obama or Hillary...

Reactions: unIowa
Actually, I can understand them building the corporate headquarters as they did. But, they could have built this second campus anywhere. It is not like all of their building are in the US. And, why mention the tax changes as the reason for this.....AND don't forget...they are also bringing cash back from overseas....no way they do THAT under Obama or Hillary...
Here are the largest markets for Apple:

applechart1_ZLS3m8R_large.JPG

To build their headquarters anywhere but the US wouldn't make sense. Why wouldn't you base your company where you do the most business?

Reactions: cigaretteman
Considering that Apple just built a $5 billion building in California, my guess is that this expansion would have also come with Hillary in office. It's pretty clear that if you're building stuff like this under Obama, you would probably keep building under Trump, as well.

6b24874a1ffe4d59b73db18a7653170d.jpg
Yea, no kidding.

Apple's new corporate headquarters was started back in 2006!!!

In April 2006, Apple's former CEO Steve Jobs announced to the city council of Cupertino that Apple had acquired nine contiguous properties to build a second campus, the Apple Campus 2.The building was conceived by Jobs, and designed by Norman Foster.

On June 7, 2011, Steve Jobs presented to Cupertino City Council details of the architectural design of the new buildings and their environs.

On October 15, 2013, Cupertino City Council unanimously approved Apple's plans for the new campus after a six-hour debate. Shortly thereafter, demolition work began to prepare the site for construction.

They must have set a record for construction time!

I mean, the tax plan was announced just a few weeks ago and all of a sudden Apple has a brand new 2.8 million sq. foot facility on 175 acres.

Damn, Trump is awesome.

P.S. You are not smart.

They are not talking about building another headquarters....but rather a second campus somewhere. They just announced it, so nothing has even started yet......and again they are bringing cash back into the US. That is from the tax change.....correct?

They must have set a record for construction time!

I mean, the tax plan was announced just a few weeks ago and all of a sudden Apple has a brand new 2.8 million sq. foot facility on 175 acres.

Damn, Trump is awesome.

P.S. You are not smart.

LOL, do you know how to read? They are talking about a SECOND campus..not the one they have already completed.

PS YOU are not smart.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
If they mentioned the tax changes, that's really all you need to know. It factored in. Was it the deciding factor? Maybe not.

Bottom line: This is good, the economy is looking up, and that is a good thing.
Wow. You are dumb. And here, I thought you were one of the more intelligent righties.

How could they have factored in the tax change when the land for this headquarters was purchased in 2006???

Plans for a new building were approved by the local council in 2011!!!

Construction began in 2013!!!

Apple must be like physics or something.

LOL, do you know how to read? They are talking about a SECOND campus..not the one they have already completed.

PS YOU are not smart.
That is the second campus!!!

Apple Campus 2!

They are planning on building a customer support center to house the support team. That part is accurate.

Yea, no kidding.

Apple's new corporate headquarters was started back in 2006!!!

In April 2006, Apple's former CEO Steve Jobs announced to the city council of Cupertino that Apple had acquired nine contiguous properties to build a second campus, the Apple Campus 2.The building was conceived by Jobs, and designed by Norman Foster.

On June 7, 2011, Steve Jobs presented to Cupertino City Council details of the architectural design of the new buildings and their environs.

On October 15, 2013, Cupertino City Council unanimously approved Apple's plans for the new campus after a six-hour debate. Shortly thereafter, demolition work began to prepare the site for construction.
This to me is a huge red-flag that this has nothing to do with Trump nor taxes. If this project has been in the works for over a decade, it's clear that the new one has probably been in the works for a while, as well. It's also clear that Apple isn't making business decision based on who is in office. These decisions have spanned three presidents now from both sides of the aisle. This is probably just a well place PR move.

Presidents have only limited control over the economy. The economy has been on it's way up for a long time.

That's not Obama's doing, for the most part, it just happened under him. And this is not Trump's doing either.

I believe there will be a downturn within a few years. This won't be Trump's doing either.

Now Corporations like to get tax cuts so they are quick to credit tax cuts for any expansions to try to drum up support for keeping those cuts or for further cutting taxes.

That is the second campus!!!

Apple Campus 2!

They are planning on building a customer support center to house the support team. That part is accurate.
Good grief. The headline of the article says:
Apple Plans New Campus, 20,000 New Hires After Tax Law Overhaul
this is EXACTLY what I linked and and referred to. You then claim I was talking about the recently completed Corporate headquarters. It is that simple.

If they mentioned the tax changes, that's really all you need to know. It factored in. Was it the deciding factor? Maybe not.

Bottom line: This is good, the economy is looking up, and that is a good thing.
I doubt it. The first campus spanned three presidents, each flipping from the previous party as well as several cycles flipping both the House and the Senate from party to party, too. Only an idiot would make long term financial moves for a multi billion company based on legislation that could be changed as soon as one or two senators are voted in or out.

seems like something of this magnitude would have to be in the works for some time. I mean, more than 3 weeks for sure.
Careful, you're shooting down the talking points of the Trumpsters and Fox News.

this is EXACTLY what I linked and and referred to. You then claim I was talking about the recently completed Corporate headquarters. It is that simple.
And? "After" doesn't mean "because." If the Republicans lose the House and Senate by 2020 and the Dems take back the White House, both of which are very possible, all of these new tax laws can be written right out of existence. Only the most incompetent of CEOs would base $350 billion worth of long term decisions of something as volatile as tax law.

I doubt it. The first campus spanned three presidents, each flipping from the previous party as well as several cycles flipping both the House and the Senate from party to party, too. Only an idiot would make long term financial moves for a multi billion company based on legislation that could be changed as soon as one or two senators are voted in or out.
Now THAT is a very valid point!!!! :)

Reactions: Huey Grey
I will tell you right now, that I am NOT a huge Trump fan..mostly on his public behavior, past deeds, etc. But man, this looks to me like he was spot on with the next tax changes. 20,000 new jobs + Cash coming back from oversees? And, Apple specifically mentions the Tax changes as to why they are doing this!!!!

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/01/17/apple-new-campus-workers/
HUGE APPLE ANNOUNCEMENT - http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/01/17/apple-new-campus-workers/

Nope

I realize this.

The point is CEOs don't make quick decisions. The new customer support center was a decision likely years in the making. Especially at a company this large.

Was the tax cut helpful for Apple? Yes, of course. However, things change constantly in politics and CEOs don't typically base decisions off legislation that might not be there in a few years.

Use your head bro.

Wow. You are dumb. And here, I thought you were one of the more intelligent righties.

How could they have factored in the tax change when the land for this headquarters was purchased in 2006???

Plans for a new building were approved by the local council in 2011!!!

Construction began in 2013!!!

Apple must be like physics or something.

Or chemists!!!
Or psychic alchemists!!!;)

Reactions: srams21
I realize this.

The point is CEOs don't make quick decisions. The new customer support center was a decision likely years in the making. Especially at a company this large.
Already posted by another above; over a decade in the works, and started building up the site years ago.

"The number of U.S. jobs eliminated due to foreign competition since President Trump's election last year has largely kept pace with previous years, according to a new report.

An analysis of Labor Department data by the labor coalition Good Jobs Nation found that more than 93,000 U.S. jobs have been eliminated since Trump's election due to foreign trade.

That's roughly on par with the previous five years, which saw an average of 87,500 jobs per year eliminated."

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/3...reign-trade-since-trumps-election-on-par-with

"The number of U.S. jobs eliminated due to foreign competition since President Trump's election last year has largely kept pace with previous years, according to a new report.

An analysis of Labor Department data by the labor coalition Good Jobs Nation found that more than 93,000 U.S. jobs have been eliminated since Trump's election due to foreign trade.

That's roughly on par with the previous five years, which saw an average of 87,500 jobs per year eliminated."

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/3...reign-trade-since-trumps-election-on-par-with
Oh snap.

Cons be like Fake news! Fake news! Fake news!

Unless I am mistaken, they have not broken ground on the Campus they are talking about. Simply announced that they will do this. They also have come out to say that they pledge to build additional factories in the US. I still have not seen anything that disputes the fact that they are also bringing back BILLIONS in cash that was placed overseas...back into the US. This is directly tied to the tax changes.

Please do not mistake my questions and comments on this as some kind of overblown support of Trump. He is what he is...and many, many, many times that is not good. But, this does give me some hope that the economy will continue to ramp up.

Reactions: Hammer93

Any guesses to how many will be foreign immigrants? But, great, I hope this is true. Edit to add that I support the hiring of those qualified foreigners in tech.

All that talk with nothing to show for it.

Any guesses to how many will be foreign immigrants? But, great, I hope this is true.
I have no idea as to the workforce makeup. :)

Look, of course it is quite possible that this is nothing more then political pandering by Apple.....I am just hoping it is more than that. There is an article on Yahoo just now that mentions other companies increasing wages, giving actual hourly workers bonuses, adding jobs here in the US based on the tax change. Again, I am just hoping some of it is legit and truly good for the economy.

Look, of course it is quite possible that this is nothing more then political pandering by Apple.....I am just hoping it is more than that. There is an article on Yahoo just now that mentions other companies increasing wages, giving actual hourly workers bonuses, adding jobs here in the US based on the tax change. Again, I am just hoping some of it is legit and truly good for the economy.

I am certainly hoping that as well. I've said this now countless times, the current Administration is extremely corporation friendly, and that will likely lead to good things for and, hopefully by corporations. The concern is always the unintended effects. It would be interesting to see how much Apple and its subs "stand to gain" from the tax changes.

Reactions: Hawkman34

Some is. Most appears to be nothing more than a PR move. Now that isn't to discount a $1000 bonus. That means a lot to some people. But you have to wonder if we're getting our money's worth for the $1.5 trillion price tag of this law? At that rate, you could give a $12,500 bonus to every last worker in this country. All 120 million of them. Whereas under the new law, just a few million workers will see a $1,000.

Reactions: srams21
Some is. Most appears to be nothing more than a PR move. Now that isn't to discount a $1000 bonus. That means a lot to some people. But you have to wonder if we're getting our money's worth for the $1.5 trillion price tag of this law? At that rate, you could give a $12,500 bonus to every last worker in this country. All 120 million of them. Whereas under the new law, just a few million workers will see a $1,000.
Good point Huey.....

I am certainly hoping that as well. I've said this now countless times, the current Administration is extremely corporation friendly, and that will likely lead to good things for and, hopefully by corporations. The concern is always the unintended effects. It would be interesting to see how much Apple and its subs "stand to gain" from the tax changes.
I am really hoping that workers benefit from stuff like this. If it doesn't, then it will be a sham in so many respect....

Reactions: HKI
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT