ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Fant's Dad & Brother on Omaha Radio

Herkmeister

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2006
A buddy of mine is telling me that Husker fans claim to have heard Fant's Dad & Brother on an Omaha radio station. I tried to see if there was a podcast of it, but no luck.

Thought perhaps some of tech smart youngsters might be able to find a link to this.

From what I was told, Iowa will never be able to recruit another player out of Omaha if Nebraska wants them.

I say, they haven't met @3boysmom . :D She'll get-r-done!!!

Thanks in advance if anyone can find this.

All I have to say is Noah was an all-time great Hawkeye. And he was never anything but classy at Iowa.

Amen!!

I'm certainly not trying to stir the pot here. I just thought it would interesting to hear them. I'm a Noah Fant fan and I have no problem with his decision what so ever.

Here's a link to the radio station's website with word about Noah declaring for the draft.

https://www.3newsnow.com/omahasport...orego-senior-season-and-declare-for-nfl-draft

Every narcissistic husker cultist thinks everyone wants to play for Jesus Frost in the holy land, they'd terrorize any local kid for not wanting this! They're selling black lights and a free Baby, it's Cold Outside audio download with the Scott Frost dolls now so they can show their friends how much they love their savior.

A buddy of mine is telling me that Husker fans claim to have heard Fant's Dad & Brother on an Omaha radio station. I tried to see if there was a podcast of it, but no luck.

Thought perhaps some of tech smart youngsters might be able to find a link to this.

From what I was told, Iowa will never be able to recruit another player out of Omaha if Nebraska wants them.

The answer is -- like with many things --- it depends.

For a time, Pelini was not prioritizing Nebraska kids at all. Iowa was able to get Ott, Bazata, Cole Fisher and Fant. With Fant, Pelini did end up offering but Huskers wanted him as a DE and KF told him he could be a special talent at TE. Turns out, KF was right.

I would agree that for a huge majority of Omaha-area players, if Iowa and Nebraska are both showing interest that the kid will go to Nebraska. But if Frosty the Snowman is going to be the world's best recruiter as he has claimed he will be, I can't imagine he's going to offer every Nebraska kid that Iowa might be interested in.

One of these days we will find the true story of why Kirk and Little Lick didn't use Noah Fant properly.

Because they had the Mackey winner in front of him. Targets, which everyone wants to talk about, are not infinite. Fant still caught 9 more balls than in '17, despite the emergence of Hockensen. And those #'s would have been higher if Nate hadn't missed him several times (or if he'd caught the opening day bomb vs. NIU). I like Fant a lot, but there are only so many targets, and we had guys like Smith and ISM to keep involved too. I'm not saying the coaches did it perfectly, I'm saying the story was overblown. If half of Hockensen's targets would have went to Fant, nobody would have said a word about under-using T.J.

Every narcissistic husker cultist thinks everyone wants to play for Jesus Frost in the holy land, they'd terrorize any local kid for not wanting this! They're selling black lights and a free Baby, it's Cold Outside audio download with the Scott Frost dolls now so they can show their friends how much they love their savior.
Lmao

Unless it's named something other than "Fant" "Iowa" or" Hawkeyes" in the title? This is all I could find.

Thanks. I probably shouldn't have started this thread. I think my buddy got played from one of those scum bag little red pink shirt bastards.

Reactions: sltldowney
Because they had the Mackey winner in front of him. Targets, which everyone wants to talk about, are not infinite. Fant still caught 9 more balls than in '17, despite the emergence of Hockensen. And those #'s would have been higher if Nate hadn't missed him several times (or if he'd caught the opening day bomb vs. NIU). I like Fant a lot, but there are only so many targets, and we had guys like Smith and ISM to keep involved too. I'm not saying the coaches did it perfectly, I'm saying the story was overblown. If half of Hockensen's targets would have went to Fant, nobody would have said a word about under-using T.J.
I would also add that his touches decreased significantly after what appeared to be concussion at Minny- coaches could have had the health of their future NFL TE as being more important to targeting a TE over the middle.....might have something to do with it too

I would also add that his touches decreased significantly after what appeared to be concussion at Minny- coaches could have had the health of their future NFL TE as being more important to targeting a TE over the middle.....might have something to do with it too
Oh no definitely not. Those Ferentz jerks just really had it out for him. That makes waaaaay more sense.

They are full blown circle jerk on 590 the past three weeks. They are breaking down everything, literally everything about their program in wake of this bowl absence. My favorite is Sam Mc Kewon got on from OWH talking about Klieman to KSU hire & how there shouldn't be worry recruiting against him, but the major programs needed to worry about in Midwest are Iowa & Wisconsin. They quickly dismissed this notion (soundly like a scoff) and changed the subject not once but twice when he went back to Iowa recruiting dominant lines.

They are using volleyball as their baby now so I switched Monday to Rush/Scott Vorhees/Chris Baker on 1110am lol.

They are full blown circle jerk on 590 the past three weeks. They are breaking down everything, literally everything about their program in wake of this bowl absence. My favorite is Sam Mc Kewon got on from OWH talking about Klieman to KSU hire & how there shouldn't be worry recruiting against him, but the major programs needed to worry about in Midwest are Iowa & Wisconsin. They quickly dismissed this notion (soundly like a scoff) and changed the subject not once but twice when he went back to Iowa recruiting dominant lines.

They are using volleyball as their baby now so I switched Monday to Rush/Scott Vorhees/Chris Baker on 1110am lol.

Here's a link to 590 podcasts. Hopefully you can get to the podcasts from here.

I don't listen to these often but I don't know why. They're priceless. There's one with Chad Leistikow about Dolph's hot mic.

I think the first one dated 11/27/18 talks about the Iowa game. It's good stuff.

https://art19.com/shows/omaha-sports-insider

Exactly right. I have no reason to have anything but respect for Fant fir how he has handled himself, what he brought to the team, and how he made himself better but Hockenson is just a flat-out better TE and by a lot this year. Fant has too many drops, he alligator-armed 3-4 balls at least that I can remember, and he is an inconsistent blocker. Hockenson has a dominating year. I can only remember maybe 1 drop for him all year and we know what he did blocking and with big 3rd down catches. He was the man. Could Fant maybe got a little more usage - yeah, probably, but as a few others have said it wasn’t egregious and it was way overblown. And I don’t think it was at all a big reason fir the games we lost.

Reactions: ichawk24
Iowa had two of the best receivers in the country on the same team. FLAT OUT! You can call them TE’s, HB’s, Wr’s, whatever you want. not saying Hock should’ve seen less time but maybe Nick Easly?? Still baffled by the lack of use.. then we wonder why the best receivers from Iowa don’t stay and high level receiver recruits don’t come..

When all said and done ... we have/had two outstanding TEs. Looking back ... I wish we would have used them more. Both will probably go onto better pro careers ... Seem like two good kids on and off the field ... Take that money!

Nebraska will be able to attract good young WR's, but Iowa has the reputation for TE's and should be able to recruit TE's anywhere, including Omaha. ;)
How come you weren't able to get Hickman then, or Heinrich as his dad played Tennis at Iowa? Nebraska is now locked down to Iowa pulling the top talent outta here. Had Frost been here 3 years ago, Fant woulda been playin in red, not black and gold. Coaching matters. Riley was a dumpster fire. You're coaching staff will never win head to head with Frost in a rare, and I mean rare common recruit as our recruiting standards are higher than yours will ever be! We're ranked 15th, aren't you like 42nd. You'll never be able to challenge us head to head for the quality of players we get. See ya in the funny papers!

Last edited:
Reactions: RedMyMind
How come you weren't able to get Hickman then, or Heinrich as his dad played Tennis at Iowa? Nebraska is now locked down to Iowa pulling the top talent outta here. Had Frost been here 3 years ago, Fant woulda been playin in red, not black and gold. Coaching matters. Riley was a dumpster fire. You're coaching staff will never win head to head with Frost in a rare, and I mean rare common recruit as our recruiting standards are higher than yours will ever be! We're ranked 15th, aren't you like 42nd. You'll never be able to challenge us head to head for the quality of players we get. See ya in the funny papers!
This has to be an Iowa fan trying act like a Nebraska fan. This seems too stupid even for a Husker fan.

Yeah, the way Noah was developed from an athletic DE prospect to 1st round TE is really going to hurt Iowa with future recruits...lol...
Agree - but the use of Fant during our losing stretch didn’t help. Seemed to take the media questioning KF to finally see him more. May not be what happened, but that is the perception of how Iowa used a blue chipper.

Reactions: VodkaSam

As far as i know papa Fant and brother Fant are entitled say or believe anything they want, including thinking that the Iowa staff under-utilized Noah.

Iowa had two of the best receivers in the country on the same team. FLAT OUT! You can call them TE’s, HB’s, Wr’s, whatever you want. not saying Hock should’ve seen less time but maybe Nick Easly?? Still baffled by the lack of use.. then we wonder why the best receivers from Iowa don’t stay and high level receiver recruits don’t come..
Coach Ferentz saw Noah as a "Specialty" type guy, which means he did not view him as an every down receiver.

Nebby recruits great, but where has that shown on the field? And so what if Frost locks down Omaha. News flash, Omaha is not a hotbed of talent.

This has to be an Iowa fan trying act like a Nebraska fan. This seems too stupid even for a Husker fan.
To put it in perspective, we have a Rivals top 50 WR for the 2020 class here in Bellevue Iowa has absolutely no shot at!

Nebby recruits great, but where has that shown on the field? And so what if Frost locks down Omaha. News flash, Omaha is not a hotbed of talent.
Poor past coaching. Iowa has sure fared well over the years, haven't they? As a matter of fact, some of Iowa's greatest players have come from Nebraska. I'll name a few off the top of my head. Larry Station, Sean Riddley (Both I know personally) Seth Olsen, Drew Ott, Noah Fant oh and the greatest player in Hawkeye history Nile Kinnick. Omaha may not be a hot bed annually in talent, but overall we have far more talent here that you have in Iowa. Just sayin. Nebraska is now locked down. Good luck poaching our top talent as long as Frost is here Hawks!

To put it in perspective, we have a Rivals top 50 WR for the 2020 class here in Bellevue Iowa has absolutely no shot at!

1oq3ej.jpg

Reactions: FlickShagwell

Yes he is the new hottness but that wears off and people want to win actual games. You better hope for your sake that they dont have any more 4-8 years coming as it will turn UGLY in Lincoln quick. If you were a top TE talent, you would have to have your head examined not to want to go to Iowa.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Iowa is going to have trouble getting Nebraska kids if Nebraska has offered, just like they always have.

List of Nebraska recruits Iowa has beaten that had Nebraska offers

1. Fant
2. 1 of the Prater brothers got an Offer from Bo after he got hired in 2008 i think but stuck with Iowa.
Going back to Larry Station, who else?

Shada, Olsen, Ott, none of those guys were offered by Nebraska. If Frost hurts Iowa's recruiting in Nebraska it will be because Frost will be offering more local players, not because Iowa has ever competed for offered Nebraska recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT