THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
By KCCI |
Posted: Sun 3:20 PM, Jul 23, 2017 |
Updated: Sun 4:17 PM, Jul 23, 2017
DES MOINES, Iowa (KCCI) -- A tractor-trailer found in a Texas Walmart parking lot with 9 dead immigrants and 20 others in dire condition apparently had an Iowa license plate.

Officials called the situation an immigrant-smuggling attempt gone wrong – the latest smuggling-by-truck-operation to end in tragedy and one of the worst cases on record.

In addition to 9 people dead, 30 others were crammed into the rig as midsummer Texas temperatures flared to over 100 degrees Saturday in San Antonio and didn’t dip below 90 degrees until after 10 p.m.; moreover, the air conditioning system did not work, officials said.

Police have not confirmed the victims’ country of origin, destination or exact ages, but San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said “we’re looking at a human-trafficking crime” and that many of the victims were in their 20s or 30s, in addition to two school-age children.

The discovery came after a Walmart employee gave the driver, identified as 60-year-old James Bradley Jr., who is believed to be from Florida, some water. The worker then called police, who found the dead and desperate inside the broiling rig.

Bradley was taken to federal jail in San Antonio on human trafficking charges for his alleged role in what U.S. Attorney Richard Durbin called "an alien smuggling venture gone horribly wrong."

As a helicopter hovered over the area Sunday morning, investigators were still sifting the scene for evidence. They found the tractor-trailer had an Iowa license plate and that it was registered to Pyle Transportation Inc. of Schaller, Iowa.

Owner Brian Pyle told The Washington Post that the Louisville, Kentucky-based driver owned the truck and was on his first trip. He managed his own deliveries and operated largely independently from the company.

“This was his very first trip,” Pyle told the Post. “It’s a common thing in the trucking industry … . He had my name on the side, and I pay for his insurance. He makes his own decisions, buys his own fuel.”

Fifteen years ago in Denison, authorities discovered 11 decomposed bodies in a grain hopper car. The appeared to have been illegal immigrants being pirated into the country, officials said at the time.

That's out in Steve King country, right? Shaller, IA? I bet $1000 the owner of Pyle Trucking voted for Traitor Boy and Steve King.
Didn't you see...the guy is already playing dumb. Pretty good odds that this goes nowhere with the Iowa connection.
Regardless, this is a very sad deal.

Didn't you see...the guy is already playing dumb. Pretty good odds that this goes nowhere with the Iowa connection.
Regardless, this is a very sad deal.

This topic came up not that along ago amongst friends. We were discussing drugs (not people) in a Walmart semi's trailer. Do the OTR drivers really know what's in their trailers? Obviously they should and people/drugs is a different comparison as well.

This topic came up not that along ago amongst friends. We were discussing drugs (not people) in a Walmart semi's trailer. Do the OTR drivers really know what's in their trailers? Obviously they should and people/drugs is a different comparison as well.
In most cases, they don't know beyond a doubt. If they pull up to a dock and pallet after pallet of shrink wrapped boxes get loaded onto his rig, how's he gonna know that there is a couple of Kilos of drugs in there? He won't. That said, it's hard to pack 30 people in a rig and the driver having no clue.

They better know what they are hauling. They have to have paperwork that matches their cargo for DOT purposes. If they don't, they are morons.

Reactions: ScoutRefugee
Because people who vote for Steve King are sympathetic to illegal aliens coming into this country.............. riiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhttttttt
People who voted for Steve King would not hesitate to be hypocritical and welcome illegal aliens to fill job openings at wages below industry standards.

Those same bigot, racist, sexist, people who want to build the wall to keep them out?

Those same bigot, racist, sexist, people who want to build the wall to keep them out?
Yep. Those same ones.

You can't have it both ways. Either they want to keep them out or they are letting them in. IIRCC you're the same guy who hates anything right of center. I thought you were supposed to be smart, that's what mstp means right?

You should figure out there's a lot of gray in the world. Not everyone who lives in NW Iowa fits into your box.

You can't have it both ways. Either they want to keep them out or they are letting them in. IIRCC you're the same guy who hates anything right of center. I thought you were supposed to be smart, that's what mstp means right?

You should figure out there's a lot of gray in the world. Not everyone who lives in NW Iowa fits into your box.
You have me confused with someone else. I'm liberal in many (maybe most) but well right of center on several issues. I was a Kasich supporter from day 1.

You have me confused with someone else. I'm liberal in many (maybe most) but well right of center on several issues. I was a Kasich supporter from day 1.

You know it's entirely possible the owner of the trucking service has zero clue what his driver was doing 800 miles away.

They better know what they are hauling. They have to have paperwork that matches their cargo for DOT purposes. If they don't, they are morons.

I agree, but what if a dock worker replaces a few pallets of dog food with a few pallets of coke?

I imagine that the driver usually doesn't watch his shipment being loaded. Would the driver ever know?

I agree, but what if a dock worker replaces a few pallets of dog food with a few pallets of coke?

I imagine that the driver usually doesn't watch his shipment being loaded. Would the driver ever know?

I guess he wouldn't, but most drivers usually watch their trailers being loaded unless it's drop/hook. They have paperwork though for everything they are hauling. If something like that were to happen I'm pretty sure the driver is responsible as soon as he drives away with the cargo.

They can have it both ways! That's where the hypocrisy is. You're too stupid to even recognize the possibility. That's a you problem.

This is not a time for political rhetoric. How can you not see the tragedy here? There's a good chance I'll need to hire a legal to winterize my pool and sprinkler system, not to mention many other fall chores that need to be completed.

They can have it both ways! That's where the hypocrisy is. You're too stupid to even recognize the possibility. That's a you problem.

I hope you have evidence that:

A. The owner knew those people were in that truck

B. The owner is a true blue, racist republican

Nice to see my hometown is famous for something other than making the world's largest popcorn ball.

Would be careful
calling anyone else stupid
ever.
After the things
you have said.
You're stupid. I have no problem saying that. An auto correct issue on a phone or a misunderstood acronym doesn't mean shit to me. You're the guy that just said a border wall would keep trucks from crossing into Mexico.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT