ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Mauricio Pochettino officially confirmed as the next coach of the US Men's National Team

And hopefully he lights a fire under their asses. The last 4 games we've played Panama, Uruguay, Canada, and New Zealand and haven't gotten a freaking win

I feel like the last 2 we were not really trying. We had some available players who would ordinarily be starters but they were not called into camp.

This is the best coach the USMNT could possibly hope to get. As far as I'm concerned failure is entirely on the players.

I feel like we often overestimate the talent and just blame the coaches. Now is the time to find out.
I think there's solid talent there. There is a a big drop off though at Centerback and GK IMO. It'd be great to have a 30 year old Tim Howard for 2026

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
This is the best coach the USMNT could possibly hope to get. As far as I'm concerned failure is entirely on the players.

I feel like we often overestimate the talent and just blame the coaches. Now is the time to find out.

Don’t we have like 7 players that are in the premiere league? The highest number we have ever had playing in the best European leagues? It sure doesn’t seem like it when they are on the field.

Don’t we have like 7 players that are in the premiere league? The highest number we have ever had playing in the best European leagues? It sure doesn’t seem like it when they are on the field.

Yes but a lot of our players don't play. Matt Turner for example moved from the MLS to Europe initially as a #2 for a big side. Than he moved to a smaller team, lost the starting job went all the way down to the #3 keeper and moved elsewhere now just to be the #2 guy.

Reyna played a lot initially but hasn't been recently. I don't think Musah is a starter in Milan though Pulisic is.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
I think there's solid talent there. There is a a big drop off though at Centerback and GK IMO. It'd be great to have a 30 year old Tim Howard for 2026

The other issue is that there isn't a lot of depth outside of the midfield. At left and right back anyone other than Dest and Robinson is a major downgrade.

At the wing there isn't a lot of depth below Pulisic/Weah.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT