ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: New DB commit

Loads fine for me, let me cut and paste a few snippets.

PRINCETON - Teegan Davis’ open recruitment didn’t last long.

Two days after decommitting from Eastern Illinois University, the Princeton High School standout has received a full-ride scholarship from the University of Iowa.

Davis and family made a trip to Iowa City Sunday and left with a scholarship offer from Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz.

“It’s been a roller-coaster,” Davis said Sunday night. “It’s surreal. It feels great to go to a place with a lot of tradition and a good school.

“Going in the stadium was pretty sweet. Obviously, I got to see it with no fans in it. Can’t imagine what it’s going to be like with fans there and get out on the field with a jersey.”

Davis said his mom, Annette, is especially excited because she grew up in Iowa, about an hour and a half away from Iowa City, and they have a lot of friends who are season-ticket holders.

Davis was an unanimous Three Rivers East All-Conference pick at both quarterback and defensive back for Princeton and named First Time IHSFCA 3A All-State.

His future will lie as a defensive back for the Hawkeyes either as a corner back or safety. He had eight interceptions this season for the Tigers, returning two for touchdowns and 193 yards, and did not have a single pass completed on him until the 3A quarterfinals.

“I’ve got to go and work and make my way into a spot,” Davis said. “They have a great coach in coach (Phil) Parker. Probably one of the best defensive coaches in the country. Really looking forward being coached by him.”

Princeton coach Ryan Pearson said Davis is just the kind of player Iowa likes.

“I think Iowa is a good fit for Teegan,” he said. “He is a blue-collar, lunch-pail and hard-hat type of kid. He just shows up and ready to work hard every day and is always looking for ways to get better. Those are the types of kids Iowa is looking for.

“They found a gem of a player.”

The Tiger quarterback accounted for 37 touchdowns and more than 2,400 yards of offense with his arm (1,638 yards, 20 TDs), and legs (766/17).

He finished as Princeton’s all-time passing leader.

On his Twitter account Friday, Davis announced “I would like to thank the coaches at Eastern Illinois for the opportunity they gave me. After conversation with my family and coaches, it is best for me to decommit from Eastern and reopen my recruitment. My recruitment is 100 percent open.”

It is now closed.

I toggled it to reader view in Firefox....

Princeton’s Teegan Davis is Iowa bound​

Kevin Hieronymus

~3 minutes

Teegan Davis is the 2022 football player of the year.

Teegan Davis has received a scholarship offer from the University of Iowa. (Scott Anderson)
Two days after decommitting from Eastern Illinois University, the Princeton High School standout has received a full-ride scholarship from the University of Iowa.

Last edited:

Kevin Hieronymus

~3 minutes

Teegan Davis has received a scholarship offer from the University of Iowa. (Scott Anderson)
Davis and family made a trip to Iowa City Sunday and left with a scholarship offer from Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz.
“It’s been a roller-coaster,” Davis said Sunday night. “It’s surreal. It feels great to go to a place with a lot of tradition and a good school.
“Going in the stadium was pretty sweet. Obviously, I got to see it with no fans in it. Can’t imagine what it’s going to be like with fans there and get out on the field with a jersey.”
Davis said his mom, Annette, is especially excited because she grew up in Iowa, about an hour and a half away from Iowa City, and they have a lot of friends who are season-ticket holders.
Teegan Davis

Teegan Davis (Mike Vaughn)
Davis was an unanimous Three Rivers East All-Conference pick at both quarterback and defensive back for Princeton and named First Time IHSFCA 3A All-State.
His future will lie as a defensive back for the Hawkeyes either as a corner back or safety. He had eight interceptions this season for the Tigers, returning two for touchdowns and 193 yards, and did not have a single pass completed on him until the 3A quarterfinals.
“I’ve got to go and work and make my way into a spot,” Davis said. “They have a great coach in coach (Phil) Parker. Probably one of the best defensive coaches in the country. Really looking forward being coached by him.”
“I think Iowa is a good fit for Teegan,” he said. “He is a blue-collar, lunch-pail and hard-hat type of kid. He just shows up and ready to work hard every day and is always looking for ways to get better. Those are the types of kids Iowa is looking for.
The Tiger quarterback accounted for 37 touchdowns and more than 2,400 yards of offense with his arm (1,638 yards, 20 TDs), and legs (766/17).
On his Twitter account Friday, Davis announced “I would like to thank the coaches at Eastern Illinois for the opportunity they gave me. After conversation with my family and coaches, it is best for me to decommit from Eastern and reopen my recruitment. My recruitment is 100 percent open.”
It is now closed.
@curtisj57, your thoughts?

Well feel free to take down if necessary, thought I'd share thanks.

I meant the guys loaded for bear in this board, a low star Safety from Illinois isn’t what they are gunning for 😳

I however love our late DB grabs… we have had a lot of them be very successful!

Reactions: BigOHawk
Here's what I posted on Teegan Davis last night.

-

Good athlete (see dunk video below) that broad jumped 10'3" at Iowa's camp and won a state title in the high jump last spring (6-6.25).

Previously committed to Eastern Illinois.

As a senior, Davis finished the season with 52 tackles and eight interceptions on defense along with 1,638 yards passing, 766 yards rushing, and 36 touchdowns on offense.

Kevin Hieronymus

~3 minutes

Teegan Davis

Teegan Davis (Mike Vaughn)
It is now closed.
Not one completed pass his direction, until the HS playoffs. That good

-

Good athlete (see dunk video below) that broad jumped 10'3" at Iowa's camp and won a state title in the high jump last spring (6-6.25).

As a senior, Davis finished the season with 52 tackles and eight interceptions on defense along with 1,638 yards passing, 766 yards rushing, and 36 touchdowns on offense.

Yowzzaaa….good prospect!

-

He related to Charlie Conway?
hViR5Z08_400x400.jpg

-

That screams some Cooper DeJean to me, the QB in HS, athletic bball player, small town hard working kid, yes please sign him up.

Someone might want to get in front of him on the basketball court. He's getting running starts at the rim...

-

8 INT’s in a high school season is bonkers.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I see him as db for sure. He's definitely athletic and seems like a great fit. Another gem 💎 not widely recruited. Welcome aboard Teegan!

Reactions: BigOHawk
Safety or a LB starter kit. With that athleticism, either would be a fit. Let Phil Parker and Seth Wallace figure that out.

I still see him as a db. X us locked up for 3 years and schulte 2? I need to check the 2 deeps though to see what we have behind those 2

Loads fine for me, let me cut and paste a few snippets.

It is now closed.
Awaiting the condemnation of this young man by Hawkeye fans complaining about the lack of loyalty shown by this recruit to the school he originally committed to by decommitting at the last minute.

Reactions: CerroGordoHawk
ADVERTISEMENT