ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Why does the Gazette dislike Kirk so much?

Ferentz’s defenders point out ad nauseam that his salary is funded by sports revenue and not by taxes, but that distinction is meaningless. The university is a government entity with special privileges private actors aren’t entitled to, so all of its departments have special obligations to be transparent and accessible.

We don’t give free passes to professors whose positions are supported by outside foundations or to police programs funded by forfeiture. From any reasonable perspective, UI athletics programs ought to be accountable to the public.

Well, I'm not entirely sure I agree with this. No one at the U holds an elected position.

Why even post a link to their nonsense

Nobody click it :)
Because I think it’s ridiculous and should be of interest to Iowa fans. It almost sounds like they are saying because Kirk isn’t a fountain of information about the committee to the media Kirk and staff aren’t adequately providing an inclusive culture. It’s terrible journalism and comes across as acrimonious and childish.

Because I think it’s ridiculous and should be of interest to Iowa fans. It almost sounds like they are saying because Kirk isn’t a fountain of information about the committee to the media Kirk and staff aren’t adequately providing an inclusive culture. It’s terrible journalism and comes across as acrimonious and childish.
This is 2022 all they care about is clicks

From any reasonable perspective, UI athletics programs ought to be accountable to the public.
Accountable for what? Does Kirk have to provide extensive information about every aspect of the football program to the media in order to be “transparent”? I’m all for local media holding coaches accountable, but this is probably the lamest editorial I’ve ever read concerning Iowa football. Basically, they are saying, “Well, since Kirk didn’t divulge enough information to us about the restructuring of the committee, we’re going to take our dollies out of the sandbox and write a bullshit editorial that Kirk is still hiding a ‘racist’ culture.”

How petty can one be? Coming from what ostensibly should be a pro-Iowa media, this is about as pathetic as it gets.

Accountable for what? Does Kirk have to provide extensive information about every aspect of the football program to the media in order to be “transparent”? I’m all for local media holding coaches accountable, but this is probably the lamest editorial I’ve ever read concerning Iowa football. Basically, they are saying, “Well, since Kirk didn’t divulge enough information to us about the restructuring of the committee, we’re going to take our dollies out of the sandbox and write a bullshit editorial that Kirk is still hiding a ‘racist’ culture.”

How petty can one be? Coming from what ostensibly should be a pro-Iowa media, this is about as pathetic as it gets.
They just want to look "woke". It's the way it is these days

We don’t give free passes to professors whose positions are supported by outside foundations or to police programs funded by forfeiture. From any reasonable perspective, UI athletics programs ought to be accountable to the public.

Silly. Silly. Silly.

Unfortunately, professors are given free passes for everything. What would a professor have to do to get fired at Iowa other than wear a MAGA hat or openly support Trump?

The Iowa coaches have the same accountability as every other employee at will in the Executive Branch. The Governor appoints the Regents. The Regents hire the University Administration. The University Administration hires the Athletic Department administration. The AD hires the Coach.

Remember the idiot Hunter Rawlings III? Rawlings wanted to make Iowa freshmen ineligible for varsity competition while the rest of the country continued to play freshmen. The once and future Governor Branstad issued a very simple statement. "He (Rawlings) doesn't know who he works for."

.... and why is anyone reading the Gazette? That's unhealthy, like a steady diet of dog shit.

They just want people like you to find the link to their story and share it with others.

When that happens, they are winning.

I see Cat Stevens aka cyrclown1969 is back. Hey douche do you want to discuss or just post emoji’s and be laughed at?
Trick question I know because when you try and post you will get laughed at anyway.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IOnlyWantAnal
I don’t know why so many of my fellow Hawkeye fans are so damned scared of any review of our football program. Kirk runs a tight ship. He seems to play by the rules. But, if not, then it’s better to know than let it ruin the program altogether. If Kirk can’t handle working for a public institution then he could always make the jump to the NFL or go someplace like ND. I don’t think we have to worry, despite the fact so many fans apparently believe that there is fire creating the current smoke.

What I want to know from all this is who the heck is the AD public relations staff and wtf they thinking? If this wasn’t a fit of anger, no planning action then the PR folks need to find a job they can handle. They let Kirk walk into all of the national criticism for no reason at all. All it would have taken is a press conference with a few players and explaining why a better structure was needed moving forward. It’s odd that didn’t happen and it looks sketchy af. Kirk should be demanding to know why PR let this happen, unless he brought it on himself by acting without a plan. I don’t think Kirk is that brash, but now I want to know.

Hey now the Gazette is just avoiding the wrath of a cryclown fan boycott.

Hy-Vee and Kum & Go still haven’t recovered from the previous isu fan driven boycotts.
The Cyclown fans are the guys already boycotting the Register. To be fair, almost everyone boycotts the Register. The only people still reading the print version live between 63rd & Grand east to 22nd & Grand and south to the river and across the river from SW 42nd to SW 14th.

Hawkeye Report provides far superior coverage of Iowa athletics.

I see Cat Stevens aka cyrclown1969 is back. Hey douche do you want to discuss or just post emoji’s and be laughed at?
Trick question I know because when you try and post you will get laughed at anyway.
Guess I nailed it. Clown fan isn’t smart enough to post.

We want more. We want more. We want more and clown fans will give it to us because of their little brother syndrome.

• Haha
Reactions: IOnlyWantAnal
The Gazette used to be decent compared to the commie rag the DSM Redstar. I am sorry to see commonsense and midwestern values have now made their exit at the Gazette. I quit reading the Redstar the day they allowed PETA ads on the Sunday Farm section, looks like the Gazette has jumped the shark too.

Last edited:
The Gazette used to decent compared to the commie rag the DSM Redstar. I am sorry to see commonsense and midwestern values has now made their exit at the Gazette. I quit reading the Redstar the day they allowed PETA ads on the Sunday Farm section, looks like the Gazette has jumped the shark too.
They held on a little longer...somebody in mgmt saw the opportunity and they grew their circulation at the expense of the Rag. But they eventually went down the tubes as well.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
I don’t know why so many of my fellow Hawkeye fans are so damned scared of any review of our football program. Kirk runs a tight ship. He seems to play by the rules. But, if not, then it’s better to know than let it ruin the program altogether. If Kirk can’t handle working for a public institution then he could always make the jump to the NFL or go someplace like ND. I don’t think we have to worry, despite the fact so many fans apparently believe that there is fire creating the current smoke.

What I want to know from all this is who the heck is the AD public relations staff and wtf they thinking? If this wasn’t a fit of anger, no planning action then the PR folks need to find a job they can handle. They let Kirk walk into all of the national criticism for no reason at all. All it would have taken is a press conference with a few players and explaining why a better structure was needed moving forward. It’s odd that didn’t happen and it looks sketchy af. Kirk should be demanding to know why PR let this happen, unless he brought it on himself by acting without a plan. I don’t think Kirk is that brash, but now I want to know.

Of what are you suspicious? Do you think there's something shady going on at the University of Iowa? Is KF having secret KKK meetings and he feared David Porter's fat ass would discover them? If you aren't comfortable with Kirk's fundamental decency by now you never will be.

Silly. Silly. Silly.

Unfortunately, professors are given free passes for everything. What would a professor have to do to get fired at Iowa other than wear a MAGA hat or openly support Trump?

The Iowa coaches have the same accountability as every other employee at will in the Executive Branch. The Governor appoints the Regents. The Regents hire the University Administration. The University Administration hires the Athletic Department administration. The AD hires the Coach.

Remember the idiot Hunter Rawlings III? Rawlings wanted to make Iowa freshmen ineligible for varsity competition while the rest of the country continued to play freshmen. The once and future Governor Branstad issued a very simple statement. "He (Rawlings) doesn't know who he works for."

.... and why is anyone reading the Gazette? That's unhealthy, like a steady diet of dog shit.

Wait .. you realize that I was quoting the article, not writing my opinion? I don't agree with the article!

I will not click on the link. I am honestly not sure what the Gazette covers any longer nor do I care to find out.

High school sports are covered much better by the tv stations and Your Prep Sports. I coach a high school sport and haven't seen a "journalist" from any newspaper in years.

College sports? I honestly have no idea. I don't read their paper for Iowa information.

Is it D3 or Kernals stuff? Is it outsourced information on the pros?

Reactions: Tfxchawk
Unless I remember players, past and present, talking about how they knew nobody was raping boys or that the culture of raping boys is gone, I think you are wrong.
Clown fans pick and choose what facts/delusions count and everything else must be ignored.

Just how the isu fan base rolls.

I see clown fans still can’t grasp that the “advisory committee” that are so up in arms about is a committee for KF and KF alone.

Cryclown fanatic sure does trash my argument that clown fans ignore what doesn’t fit in their delusions.

Will Stender or CeMarClown ever be able to answer my simple question? My bet is they won’t ever respond with an answer.

Just how clown fans roll.

Clown fans still don’t get it

This is just a whiny article and doesn't even acknowledge again that Iowa created a DEI office to handle these matters. THE COMMITEE ISN'T PART OF THE UNIVERSITY, GENIUSES! They just keep doubling down and are making themselves look stupid. Twisting words and providing their own interpretation of stuff instead of just reporting facts. They are just mad Kirk won't talk to them.
I think it is hilarious to that, that reporter who did the first story, what's her name, miller? she thinks her first story brought on change. She tweeted something about how her story forced Kirk to make sure the committee continued. Lol He said it was continuing in the first email, moron. I feel like there must not be someone there to be a voice of reason either that or they aren't listening so its creating an echo chamber where they just tell each other they are doing a great job.

This is just a whiny article and doesn't even acknowledge again that Iowa created a DEI office to handle these matters. THE COMMITEE ISN'T PART OF THE UNIVERSITY, GENIUSES! They just keep doubling down and are making themselves look stupid. Twisting words and providing their own interpretation of stuff instead of just reporting facts. They are just mad Kirk won't talk to them.
I think it is hilarious to that, that reporter who did the first story, what's her name, miller? she thinks her first story brought on change. She tweeted something about how her story forced Kirk to make sure the committee continued. Lol He said it was continuing in the first email, moron. I feel like there must not be someone there to be a voice of reason either that or they aren't listening so its creating an echo chamber where they just tell each other they are doing a great job.
Vanessa is just like clown fans. Pick and choose their own facts and reality and then ignore anything that shows that to be incorrect or false.

Just how they roll.

Silly. Silly. Silly.

Remember the idiot Hunter Rawlings the Turd? Rawlings wanted to make Iowa freshmen ineligible for varsity competition while the rest of the country continued to play freshmen. The once and future Governor Branstad issued a very simple statement. "He (Rawlings) doesn't know who he works for."

FIFY

Also, reading it again, I just found another mistake. They say Kirk is currently a defendant in the ongoing lawsuit. lol false Talk about shitty reporters. And since when do professors have to talk to the media? They don't. Also, they act like unless Kirk tells them exactly what steps have been taken then no progress has been made. Talk about self-righteous. This seems like they are on a campaign to lose subscribers. Is this a "The Producers" scenario?

Reactions: F5n5 and OILCHECKER
I can't imagine the coaches or Barta doing any interview with The Gazette for a long while.

Reactions: F5n5
Is it possible that Vanessa has a familial axe to grind with the U of I?

Vanessa, I know you're reading this thread.

Log on in and let us know if this is true.

Reactions: F5n5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT