ADVERTISEMENT

Sign the Petition to #FireKevinWarren

And make no mistake, the discussions about Powers playing were “difficult” due to the glaring public hypocrisy and not because he thinks his kid is in danger of dying from Covid.

In less than a year Kevin Warren has succeeding in dismantling everything Jim Delaney built and the financial implications will set back the conference for years to come as programs will be disbanded and recruiting will suffer do a decrease in visibility as well as programs slashing recruiting budgets.

In less than a year Kevin Warren has succeeding in dismantling everything Jim Delaney built and the financial implications will set back the conference for years to come as programs will be disbanded and recruiting will suffer do a decrease in visibility as well as programs slashing recruiting budgets.

Overreact much? Have you considered that, maybe, it's COVID-19 that's the culprit here, not the Big Ten commissioner? The virus and the US president have conspired to create the mess this country is in, the mess that makes trying to play college football impossible, as some conferences will soon be demonstrating. But the Big Ten won't be one of them.

Unless big Jim Delaney has a vaccine up his sleeve, what could he have done to save football?

Warren totally botched the PR aspect of the no fall football decision, but the decision itself is entirely warranted, if you will.

Get a grip. Have some perspective. This is a worldwide pandemic, and it is not subject to the whims of college football players, coaches, or fans. Period.

many more college students are going to die from alcohol poisoning than from covid 19. you can't take covid home to grandma if you're on campus practicing and preparing for a football game.

this decision is not saving anyone or preventing anything.

Y'all are racist.

Not really, just getting it out there now because you know it will be thrown out.

Overreact much? Have you considered that, maybe, it's COVID-19 that's the culprit here, not the Big Ten commissioner? The virus and the US president have conspired to create the mess this country is in, the mess that makes trying to play college football impossible, as some conferences will soon be demonstrating. But the Big Ten won't be one of them.
The thing that created the mess was that the Left wants SOOOOO badly to get rid of the President, that they have driven so much fear and irrational behavior into the public. When 60 million got H1N1, we weren't counting daily numbers, shutting the entire country down, and blaming the president. But somehow this is Trumps fault? Ok

The thing that created the mess was that the Left wants SOOOOO badly to get rid of the President, that they have driven so much fear and irrational behavior into the public.
Democrats in the US even got every other country in the world to go along with their scheme! Then they convinced billionaire Republican MLB / NBA / NHL owners to postpone their season for five months and play in front of no fans!!

Can't say I followed this too much as I find it pointless. Nothing I can do about it. That said does everyone want him fired for canceling the season or for not being transparent enough?

I guess my real question is are all these people that want him fired going to feel the same way if the other conferences have a large spread and are forced to shut down? Especially after putting players in extra danger that ended up being for nothing?

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Y'all are racist.

Well, every other event / sports league in the world has been cancelled or postponed for the last five months -- from Wimbledon to the Iowa State Fair. Most cancelling with no more than a two paragraph press release. (You know, because - 100-year f'ing global pandemic - kinda obvious) Yet Warren is expected to release a 22-page medical journal defending the league's decision and talk with each individual player and their parent! It is almost like there must be some other reason for the Warren hatred.

Last edited:
Well, every other event / sports league in the world has been cancelled or postponed for the last five months -- from Wimbledon to the Iowa State Fair. Most cancelling with no more than a two paragraph press release. (You know, because it's 100-year f'ing global pandemic - kinda obvious) Yet Warren is expected to release a 22-page medical journal defending the league's decision and talk with each individual player and their parent! It is almost like there must be some other reason for the Warren hatred.
Well this is just plain wrong. The Big 12, SEC, and ACC are going to try to play. The Pac 12 is California, and they are their own little world out there. He cancelled the season crushing many athletic budgets, small businesses, and probably some non revenue sports. What's worse is his son is playing and he appears to be pushing a political agenda. He was also very obtuse, and there was a lot of mystery around what actually happened. So it has nothing to do with race. More like lack of leadership and competence.

Well, every other event / sports league in the world has been cancelled or postponed for the last five months -- from Wimbledon to the Iowa State Fair. Most cancelling with no more than a two paragraph press release. (You know, because - 100-year f'ing global pandemic - kinda obvious) Yet Warren is expected to release a 22-page medical journal defending the league's decision and talk with each individual player and their parent! It is almost like there must be some other reason for the Warren hatred.
All those racist black parents!!

I guess my real question is are all these people that want him fired going to feel the same way if the other conferences have a large spread and are forced to shut down? Especially after putting players in extra danger that ended up being for nothing?

Yes, I'd feel the same way. For one thing, trying and failing is better than not trying. More importantly, none of the other conferences are forcing anybody to play football. Several players have opted out, and any others that may want to do the same are certainly free to follow in their footsteps.

The better question is are all these people who want to cancel B1G Fall sports, and endure the massive hardship that entails going to feel the same way if Stanford University Professor of Biophysics and 2013 Nobel Laureate Michael Levitt is proven correct once again (he's been by far the most accurate COVID modeler so far) when he predicts the virus will have largely run its course by next month?

Democrats in the US even got every other country in the world to go along with their scheme! Then they convinced billionaire Republican MLB / NBA / NHL owners to postpone their season for five months and play in front of no fans!!
Right Soccer was completely shut down world wide and everything is still locked down worldwide right? And of course we shut down at the beginning before we had data and experience to understand what we should or shouldn't be doing. But as information comes out, people are getting back to business, while others are riding this wave all the way to the election and blaming Trump. That's my point.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Yes, I'd feel the same way. For one thing, trying and failing is better than not trying. More importantly, none of the other conferences are forcing anybody to play football. Several players have opted out, and any others that may want to do the same are certainly free to follow in their footsteps.

The better question is are all these people who want to cancel B1G Fall sports, and endure the massive hardship that entails going to feel the same way if Stanford University Professor of Biophysics and 2013 Nobel Laureate Michael Levitt is proven correct once again (he's been by far the most accurate COVID modeler so far) when he predicts the virus will have largely run its course by next month?
I think in this case trying and failing isn't always better. Lol

Not said I have no clue if they will fail, if they don't force them in a bubble you can pretty much count on them failing though

Well this is just plain wrong. The Big 12, SEC, and ACC are going to try to play. The Pac 12 is California, and they are their own little world out there. He cancelled the season crushing many athletic budgets, small businesses, and probably some non revenue sports. What's worse is his son is playing and he appears to be pushing a political agenda. He was also very obtuse, and there was a lot of mystery around what actually happened. So it has nothing to do with race. More like lack of leadership and competence.
The MAC/MWC (who cancelled before the B1G), PAC 12 and the entire FCS aren't playing. And the NCAA cancelled all Fall Championships. Every professional league in the world was cancelled/postponed. Vegas is empty because every convention has been cancelled. No state fairs. No county fairs. No concerts. Show me where any of the people who made the decision to cancel these events did a better job explaining their decision than Warren did. Why the Warren hatred?

Not said I have no clue if they will fail, if they don't force them in a bubble you can pretty much count on them failing though

No, trying and failing is most certainly better than not trying and failing. As you said in your initial post, the definition of "failing" in this case is "conferences are forced to shut down". But that's already the outcome for the B1G. So what you're essentially saying is that shutting down after trying to play is somehow worse than shutting down before trying to play. Absolutely false

Warren just release a memo asking you to quit hugging his boys, he is having trouble walking.

First of all, one thing I learned a long time ago is life's not fair. He hasn't earned the right to be vague and not answer point blank questions. Which brings me to my next point. People want him fired because he offered no details into what lead them to cancel the season 6 days after releasing a revised schedule. In addition to that, he hasn't even been on the job for a full year yet and he's already cost the conference a football season and much much more because he wanted to try and make the conference look good by showing how much he "cares" for the student athletes in the Big Ten. It backfired badly. He's now dug his heels in and won't even entertain the idea of a season even though there is a much easier way to test these athletes now. Warren is a hypocrite who thinks it's safe for his son to play but the Big Ten isn't safe apparently. He needs to go. Whether he would be a good commissioner or not is a mute point now as he won't be respected amongst most in the conference. If they had discussed this and come to a mutual understanding and everyone was on board or at least most, why didn't he hold an actual vote? Because he didn't give a s*** about what the members wanted. He did this for himself and to save face, he won't even look back. Our $100M deficit is on him.

The MAC/MWC (who cancelled before the B1G), PAC 12 and the entire FCS aren't playing. And the NCAA cancelled all Fall Championships. Every professional league in the world was cancelled/postponed. Vegas is empty because every convention has been cancelled. No state fairs. No county fairs. No concerts. Show me where any of the people who made the decision to cancel these events did a better job explaining their decision than Warren did. Why the Warren hatred?
Football is King. 3 other conferences are going to at least try to play. If they do, this puts what was once the strongest conference in a very very bad position moving forward. To compare it to other events that have large groups of people gathered is dumb. Nobody is saying we have to have large crowds. But my son can and is playing high school football, Warren's kid can play college football, so why is the Big 10 so different? If anything they have more resources to do it the right way than anybody. And then Warren starts obviously pushing a political agenda, and you can't help but raise your eyebrows. That's why he's getting the blow back. Has nothing to do with the color of his skin. .

many more college students are going to die from alcohol poisoning than from covid 19. you can't take covid home to grandma if you're on campus practicing and preparing for a football game.

this decision is not saving anyone or preventing anything.
Agree

The thing that created the mess was that the Left wants SOOOOO badly to get rid of the President, that they have driven so much fear and irrational behavior into the public. When 60 million got H1N1, we weren't counting daily numbers, shutting the entire country down, and blaming the president. But somehow this is Trumps fault? Ok
So "the left" wanted over 170,000 to die to get rid of Trump? You and your ilk have got the reasoning of an insect. Where do you live, down in an ant hill? You don't know that hospitals were full, Drs. and nurses were working, some places trucks were full of the dead.? I want football as much as anyone, but come on, "the left" created this mess?

Iowa— 1000 deaths out of 3 million plus. Do the math. 60 percent of those dying were in nursing homes and in poor health. Probably 80% died with Covid not from covid
I thought letting Grandma die was a bad thing. Seems like we heard that somewhere.

It's the dishonesty about the whole thing. Player safety was never an issue. Everyone knows that teens and 20 yr olds are not at any actual risk. The issue is all the olds that surround and run the college sports machine getting it from the players. The strict testing measures they have should really take care of that issue as well.

The presidents and ADs in the B1G have just gotten too used to letting Delaney run the show, and were ill prepared and unsure about making their own decision, so probably deferred to whatever info Warren said he gathered.

Iowa— 1000 deaths out of 3 million plus. Do the math. 60 percent of those dying were in nursing homes and in poor health. Probably 80% died with Covid not from covid
This. 170k people have died with Covid. Median age of death is still 78. Year over year deaths stagnant. The virus is real. We know who is at risk. We know It’s completely safe to play college football as long as you’re not over 70 with underling conditions.

Can't say I followed this too much as I find it pointless. Nothing I can do about it. That said does everyone want him fired for canceling the season or for not being transparent enough?

Agree with you
You can bet that anyone wanting him fired were in his place they would all resign because of the bad choice they would have made. Only get one chance you know. No second chances like in most other job positions.

Unless big Jim Delaney has a vaccine up his sleeve, what could he have done to save football?

Warren totally botched the PR aspect of the no fall football decision, but the decision itself is entirely warranted, if you will.

Get a grip. Have some perspective. This is a worldwide pandemic, and it is not subject to the whims of college football players, coaches, or fans. Period.
More “Orange Man Bad”
I am jealous of how good your internet is in your underground bunker. I recommend you get some sun!

Reactions: Fran_Man

The President? How about Dr. Fraud Fauci and the pathetic news networks you watch. Let ‘s not forget Cuomo, delBasio and Pelosi’s contribution. You are as pathetic as Warren and the party you both represent. I’m assuming you have Soros’ cell number as well.

BTW, just wondering if you think it is an accident that I was able to quickly and easily answer your question about how I'd react if the other conferences were forced to shut down, but you were unable to respond to my questoin about your reaction if the other conferences complete their seasons?

Should we expect to see your mea culpa if the latter of the above comes to fruition, or will you still stick to the party line of failing without trying?

Reactions: 24 so far
BTW, just wondering if you think it is an accident that I was able to quickly and easily answer your question about how I'd react if the other conferences were forced to shut down, but you were unable to respond to my questoin about your reaction if the other conferences complete their seasons?

Should we expect to see your mea culpa if the latter of the above comes to fruition, or will you still stick to the party line of failing without trying?
Well your question is stupid lol. The only reason they will shut down after starting is because they feel they put the players health at risk. To think that is better than to not put them at risk is, well, idiotic.

No accident...I was just going to be nice and ignore, but since you insisted :).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT