ADVERTISEMENT

Sigourney Nursing home resident found in vegetative state after screams for help were ignored

There are a lot of really good care centers. There are a number of horrible care centers. If you find yourself in need of a care center for a family member, ask to talk with the director of nursing. Their attitude really reflects on staff attitude. Also ask how many travelers they use.

Or you could just ask to speak with their HR

Reactions: Wendy79 and goldmom
SMH

Just my personal experience but the best SNFs I’ve worked in have been non-profit affiliated, and the worst were corporate/absentee ownership.

The Op stories remind me of a place an employer thankfully stopped making me go to; it was eventually shut down.

Ok having been a nursing home administrator I can have some understanding of what is occurring here while also acknowledging neither case was handled right. There are people in nursing homes that shouldn’t be there. the hospital regularly discharges patients on the streets yet you rarely see an article. At no time did any patient of mine leave without a place to stay but there were a couple instances where we didn’t feel it was safe. As to the patient asking to go to the hospital . . . Just stupidity. There has to me more to the story. If a patient ever asked to go to the hospital you notified the doctor and sent them. the only thing I could equate this to is a couple patients who constantly cried wolf. I had a patient that every other day thought they were having a heart attack. Nusrses would do the assessment, notify the doc and let the patient calm down, then re notify the doc. The quality of staffing in the nursing homes is going down. It’s why I quit the field. There is not enough money to hire quality staff, the staff are overworked and don’t care. the quality staff is leaving in droves and all you are left with is the marginal employees who can’t find anything better.

Reactions: goldmom and JMNSHO
Maybe Brenna Bird will look into this if she isn’t too busy hunting down trans kids

You seem well adjusted. 🤔
bad8d6f19da26cf921141770ebf807ccd84e79aafae00f6ab9c66a5becd75514.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT