ADVERTISEMENT

Simple tasks you can’t seem to master......

Left from right. I have no issues with N, S, E, W. If I give directions to anyone, I F it up using right or left.
If you hold your hands in front of you with your thumbs pointing at each other and your index finger in the “#1” sign, your left hand is the one that makes a capital L.

If you hold your hands in front of you with your thumbs pointing at each other and your index finger in the “#1” sign, your left hand is the one that makes a capital L.

It's easier to just imagine you're getting ready to grab a pen.

Tying a tie. Pisses me off so much.
I had a buddy teach me how to tie a double Windsor knot in college. Any other method looks like a three year old tied it. I can go a year without tying one and it’s still easy, except getting the damn length right. Takes standardizing the starting point of where you hold the tie.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Telling right from left. I have to stop and think about it for a second. If I'm in the passenger seat giving directions follow where I point and not what I say
I have the same problem. Almost killed my wife and I in a snowstorm in the Rockies.

I had a buddy teach me how to tie a double Windsor knot in college. Any other method looks like a three year old tied it. I can go a year without tying one and it’s still easy, except getting the damn length right. Takes standardizing the starting point of where you hold the tie.
I can listen to the most basic step by step video explaining everything as if it were to a child and I somehow find a way to fudge it up.

That seems silly to do when you‘re almost 50.

Hammering a nail. I have decent coordination with many other similar tasks, but when I have to actually use a hammer it’s like my brain is possessed with an extreme reluctance to actually hit the nail on the head. One of two things invariably happen...either I end up bending the nail beyond any point of usability or I smash my finger.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I am terrible at spelling the word tomorrow. If it were not for spell check I would just write tmrw every time. Im 35, and fairly intelligent, yet that word pisses me off EVERYTIME.

I had to double check this wasn’t most post from a drunken evening or something..... I’m 36 and have the same problem. I often use “the day after today” instead of messing with that cursed word

Add me to the wrapping presents list. Always cut too much or too little. Never get ends right. Usually the end product looks like something a little kid would do.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Having a regular sleep schedule. Working nights and swing shift for years it's hard to sleep being back on straight days. Probably not a simple task but one I can't get back to. This messes everything else up.

This video was apparently made by the guy who doesn't know his right from his left.

Once you learn how, it's pretty simple.
Juggling was part of a kids project for a class in Junior High. We all went outside and he showed us how it was done. I picked it up pretty quick. :)

Last edited:
Juggling was part of a kids project for a class in Junior High. We all went outside and he showed us how it was done. I picked it up pretty quick. :)

I got pretty good when I was in college, could do 5 items as long as they were all same size & not too big (i.e. bean bags, golf balls). Got pretty good with juggling pins, but they are hard on your hands & hurt like hell if you mistime something & take it on the tip of your finger.
I can still three items easily, and with a few minutes practice can do 4. No longer quick enough hands to do 5.

I got pretty good when I was in college, could do 5 items as long as they were all same size & not too big (i.e. bean bags, golf balls). Got pretty good with juggling pins, but they are hard on your hands & hurt like hell if you mistime something & take it on the tip of your finger.
I can still three items easily, and with a few minutes practice can do 4. No longer quick enough hands to do 5.
I did it to impress girls at party's. After a few beers I was done. My thing was to juggle different weights and shapes at the same time. That's hard to do.

Reactions: SeaPA and Tunadog

Your college experience sounds pretty different from mine.

Add me to the wrapping presents list. Always cut too much or too little. Never get ends right. Usually the end product looks like something a little kid would do.
Whenever I wrap presents I am reminded of the soap box racer Homer built.

lf

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
I don’t get how people can’t wrap presents. You tape the paper to the box, wrap the paper around the box, tape again. Then each side is four simple folds and a piece of tape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT