ADVERTISEMENT

Since Iowa won I’m going to b!tch about the refs…

I was at the 2006 Outback bowl against Florida and that was by far the biggest screw job I’ve ever witnessed in any sport. The Nebraska game in Lincoln 2019 was probably second place but nowhere near the Outback Bowl. Huge screw up with them calling Jack out of bounds. But if they would have somehow reversed that call at the game with the fumble, this would have been right below the Outback bowl.

I can see why they called it. It was close, but white chalk did fly up when he made that step.

I will say, it seemed like the broadcasting crew was against Iowa from the start. And usually when that happens, the refs are against that team as well.

• Haha
Reactions: D_Lovin_HawkeyeGuy
You never did the entire season. There's a reason we say when the going gets tough the tough get going. They find a way.
I don’t think anyone questions the team’s toughness (outside maybe the OL). The question was with the putrid offense. And they have done enough to win critical games, like at Purdue. I credit the team for sticking together and the coaches for keeping them together, but this was foreseen by next to no one.

I don’t think anyone questions the team’s toughness (outside maybe the OL). The question was with the putrid offense. And they have done enough to win critical games, like at Purdue. I credit the team for sticking together and the coaches for keeping them together, but this was foreseen by next to no one.
Yes they have, and believe it or not Petras played a pretty solid game given the weather, and BF called some nice throws in key parts of the game....

I can see why they called it. It was close, but white chalk did fly up when he made that step.

I will say, it seemed like the broadcasting crew was against Iowa from the start. And usually when that happens, the refs are against that team as well.
white chalk flew up?
are we talking about the Jack Campbell's interception today ?

• Haha
It could have been worse. Witvoet could have been the ref. I can't believe the B1G uses him for anything, let alone as the review official, and he's screwed that up, too.

• Haha

First, there is no white chalk on the sidelines. Second, there is no correlation between announcer's bias against a team and the refs following suit.

First, there is no white chalk on the sidelines. Second, there is no correlation between announcer's bias against a team and the refs following suit.
Go back and look at it. The sidelines, white grass, or whatever you want to call it, flew up when he planted near the sideline.

It is a pretty flimsy excuse but refs have a tough job and it was close. It’s easy to say let it play then replay it. But refs aren’t perfect.

• Haha
I'm not sure I understand why that isn't reviewable.
In theory, if they call him out of bounds, they should be blowing the whistle and getting guys to stop. At that point, it’s non-reviewable because guys are stopping on the field…in this case, though, I never heard a whistle and nobody stopped playing, so I don’t know WTF they were doing.

Go back and look at it. The sidelines, white grass, or whatever you want to call it, flew up when he planted near the sideline.

It is a pretty flimsy excuse but refs have a tough job and it was close. It’s easy to say let it play then replay it. But refs aren’t perfect.
what the hell are you talking about?
there's no chaulk or white grass flying up

its a gawd damd thing to claim something like that that never happened
you can clearly see green between Jack's foot and the white sideline

ADVERTISEMENT