ADVERTISEMENT

Since It Sounds Like Everybody Signs: 2019 Lineup

So since it seems all our guys and the one juco signs. What is our lineup? Rotation? Closer?
McDonald and Dreyer are you leaders in the clubhouse for Friday/Saturday starters. Who steps up and takes the Sunday spot? I'd like to see Judkins be the midweek starter and DH/1B on the weekends. It looks like we'll have plenty of guys that can come in and eat up an inning or 2. Who is going to step up and be the guy at the end of games? Maybe Judkins takes that role instead of a starter role?

A majority of the field returns:
C: McCleary (seems to have the inside track)
1B: Judkins
2B: Boe
SS: Crowl
3B: Elion
OF: Whelan/Wetrich
OF: Norman
OF: Jenkins
DH: Whelan/Elion/Judkins

Last edited:
McDonald and Dreyer are you leaders in the clubhouse for Friday/Saturday starters. Who steps up and takes the Sunday spot? I'd like to see Judkins be the midweek starter and DH/1B on the weekends. It looks like we'll have plenty of guys that can come in and eat up an inning or 2. Who is going to step up and be the guy at the end of games? Maybe Judkins takes that role instead of a starter role?

1B: Hoeg/Judkins
3B: Hoeg/Elion

Kole Kampen for Sunday starter

1B: Hoeg/Judkins
3B: Hoeg/Elion

Hoeg was a senior this year, he won't be an option. 1B, C and at least 2 of the OF spots will be TBD. I would expect Elion to take a jump in his second year of college competition. Same for Wetrich. Booker, McCoy, Cropley are a few of the JUCO's in Heller's time who have performed Okay in Year 1 and took big jumps in Year 2. Any/all of the JUCO signees will make an impact next year. JUCO C and two 1B/OF types added will have opportunities to play.

Heller has a track record of getting the pitching staff sorted out. They have been getting good arms. It will be interesting to see how next year plays out.

Reactions: whatsup13579er
Hoeg was a senior this year, he won't be an option. 1B, C and at least 2 of the OF spots will be TBD. I would expect Elion to take a jump in his second year of college competition. Same for Wetrich. Booker, McCoy, Cropley are a few of the JUCO's in Heller's time who have performed Okay in Year 1 and took big jumps in Year 2. Any/all of the JUCO signees will make an impact next year. JUCO C and two 1B/OF types added will have opportunities to play.

Heller has a track record of getting the pitching staff sorted out. They have been getting good arms. It will be interesting to see how next year plays out.
Good call on Hoeg. My bad. What JUCOs are coming in that will have the chance to play right away?

Kole Kampen for Sunday starter

Trying to project the Sunday starter feels like pissing into the wind.

Hunter Lee could contend for a starting spot in the rotation as well.

I project McDonald, Dreyer and Wallace as main three pitchers. No idea on closer

My limited observations see infield defense as issue. Will be curious to see if any changes there. Or will it be improvement from returning starters

Reactions: funnyfletcher
I project McDonald, Dreyer and Wallace as main three pitchers. No idea on closer

My limited observations see infield defense as issue. Will be curious to see if any changes there. Or will it be improvement from returning starters

I thought they had some injury concerns with Wallace after the Mizzou game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT