ADVERTISEMENT

Sitting in car, rear ended by car going estimated 60-70 mph, walked away. 😳

Tesla held up well, but damn, as a driver with a flat on the driver's side, you have to slow roll your car to an area where you are not against a wall for your and the tow truck drivers' safety.

I am assuming Tesla requires you to call for help if you have a flat tire, which is why the guy opted to stop against a wall and call for help with a flat.

Tesla should provide you a spare tire so that you don't have to sit on the side of a dangerous road helplessly waiting for someone else to come save you.

Then the owner is there changing the tire while he gets killed.
I think most people would would drive slowly forward to a safe spot to change their tire. Then they could drive away as quickly as possible and not be there at all. Are you suggesting that it's better to not have a spare tire at all? Like Tesla is looking out for your safety by not providing one? Just being a contrarian?

I think most people would would drive slowly forward to a safe spot to change their tire. Then they could drive away as quickly as possible and not be there at all. Are you suggesting that it's better to not have a spare tire at all? Like Tesla is looking out for your safety by not providing one? Just being a contrarian?

How far are you going to drive on a flat to get to a safe spot? And then ruin the wheel/rim completely.

You haven't quite thought this through.

How far are you going to drive on a flat to get to a safe spot? And then ruin the wheel/rim completely.

You haven't quite thought this through.
As far as needed to be safe, even if my rim was damaged. Yes there are situations that could require different actions but, let's be honest, the best thing would be to pull forward slowly, change your tire, and drive away. You can't do that without a spare. The best thing is not to be helplessly stuck waiting for someone to show up to save you.

Reactions: ericram
I am not suggesting anything. I am stating that many people have been needlessly killed while changing tires.

I am not suggesting anything. I am stating that many people have been needlessly killed while changing tires.
Needlessly? Somebody has to fix it, right? Better it's the tow guy that dies working on the side of the road saving you? Maybe mandate no tire changing in the future? Everybody has to be towed to a shop because it's just to dangerous to fix your flat? Nobody gets a spare for their own good?

Needlessly? Somebody has to fix it, right? Better it's the tow guy that dies working on the side of the road saving you? Maybe mandate no tire changing in the future? Everybody has to be towed to a shop because it's just to dangerous to fix your flat? Nobody gets a spare for their own good?
Wtf are you rambling about?.
No one needed to die. No one did die.

It's all very dangerous to change a tire on the side of the road. Can we at least agree on that?

Wtf are you rambling about?.
No one needed to die. No one did die.

It's all very dangerous to change a tire on the side of the road. Can we at least agree on that?
Yes, we can. Can we also agree it's better to have a frickin spare tire than not have one?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT