ADVERTISEMENT

SIX straight

They couldn’t even win their super bowl
91raHaavpgL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: VicHawkeye
Agreed. A more accurate qb and we win by 3 scores

Agree. Petras is not the answer at QB, and I don't think he will be. Too many of his throws are way off the mark even when he has a clean look and good protection. Against a defense with a pulse he'll be in big trouble. Always happy with a win over Nebby but that's a pretty hapless program and we eeked it out, thanks to the D.

Yet you want to change QBs knowing nothing about the backups.

Uh huh.
When your starter sucks, you don't have to know anything at all about the backups. They were recruited as QB's to play DI Football, and when the starter doesn't get it done at ANY position, he SHOULD be replaced until you've proven all of your players suck at said position.

2020 4-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5
2016 8-5
2015 12-2

I wonder how many P5 schools have more wins in the last six seasons. Whatever the number, that is how many schools that would trade places with Iowa under Kirk.

2020 4-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5
2016 8-5
2015 12-2

I wonder how many P5 schools have more wins in the last six seasons. Whatever the number, that is how many schools that would trade places with Iowa under Kirk.
We were top10 in wins prior to this season. That being said, we can still be critical and want more for the program. Especially since the problems are so obvious

When your starter sucks, you don't have to know anything at all about the backups. They were recruited as QB's to play DI Football, and when the starter doesn't get it done at ANY position, he SHOULD be replaced until you've proven all of your players suck at said position.
And by whom?

The players to a man have said that Petris is the man. You think you know more than the team AND the coaching staff? LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: chuck285 and MVPFAN
And by whom?

The players to a man have said that Petris is the man. You think you know more than the team AND the coaching staff? LOL.
I guess me, the announcers of our games who have no idea who Iowa's QB is and then actually see him play, and the large majority of the Iowa fan base and anyone Nationally that has watched Iowa play are all blind. LOL!

But good news, Stevie Wonder and you both think "He's the Man"! LOL! Stevie has an excuse.....

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
I guess me, the announcers of our games who have no idea who Iowa's QB is and then actually see him play, and the large majority of the Iowa fan base and anyone Nationally that has watched Iowa play are all blind. LOL!

But good news, Stevie Wonder and you both think "He's the Man"! LOL! Stevie has an excuse.....
I'll save your weak-assed quote for posting next year.

Agree. Petras is not the answer at QB, and I don't think he will be. Too many of his throws are way off the mark even when he has a clean look and good protection. Against a defense with a pulse he'll be in big trouble. Always happy with a win over Nebby but that's a pretty hapless program and we eeked it out, thanks to the D.

Why was Petras throwing in the dirt today? And yes #12 shoulda had both those dirt balls - but receivers like em high - not low.

Why was Petras throwing in the dirt today? And yes #12 shoulda had both those dirt balls - but receivers like em high - not low.

There was one Smith should've caught, the other one on the outside wasn't his fault. Several of Petras' completions were only completions because our TE/WR/RB made a great catch. There was the miss to Tracy over the middle of the field, and then Ragaini in the back of the end zone. Just bad throws, too many of them.

There was one Smith should've caught, the other one on the outside wasn't his fault. Several of Petras' completions were only completions because our TE/WR/RB made a great catch. There was the miss to Tracy over the middle of the field, and then Ragaini in the back of the end zone. Just bad throws, too many of them.

Lots of low throws, and most of them weren’t much more than 10 yards from the LOS. No P5 QB should struggle this bad with short and medium throws.

I'll save your weak-assed quote for posting next year.
I could be lying, but the film doesnt, and it's available for all to see at any time, and it paints a clear picture that backs me up 100%.

QBR of 61.3 today, far worse than both of Nebraska's 2 bad QB's.

Reactions: MitchLL
I would rather look at the performance of the OL (including TE and FB) blocking today and play-calling before joining the herd in criticism of Petras...

yea he seemed to panic and lose touch on some throws.....but Iowa was not able to block/beat Nebraska's front seven very often...especially the first half. And Petras was under constant pressure...(whereas Martinez usually had all day to pass) Had the running game got going better and some receivers made some catches on tough balls...I doubt we'd be too critical of Petras delivering another win.

Nebraska's defense is always susceptible to mis-direction as they over pursue like lunatics.

The QB bootleg passes for short gains..but usually first downs were the best part of Iowa's play-calling today. Iowa play callers could not take advantage of Nebraska's safeties that really bit hard on any run with well timed play-action passes...instead way too many off tackles runs into charging safeties.

Reactions: Pat McGroyne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT