ADVERTISEMENT

Six-year-old boy set on fire by his 8-year-old neighbor/known bully

JupiterHawk

HR Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Jupiter, FL

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (TND) — 6-year-old Dominick Krankall was set on fire by a bully who has a history of abusing him, family members reportedly said.

The young boy is now in the hospital, suffering from second and third-degree burns to his face and legs, according to WNBC News.

The alleged bully is an 8-year-old neighbor who reportedly obtained gasoline and lighters, lit a ball on fire, and threw it at Dominick on Sunday.

As Dominick's sister Kayla Deegan explains on the GoFundMe page set up for her brother, the young boy was left to die after the attack.

My little brother Dom has been bullied for a while by the tenants downstairs. It escalated to a deadly intent. Dominick, MY 6 YEAR OLD BROTHER could’ve died. The kid covered a ball in gasoline, lit it on fire, and threw it at him. All in the matter of SECONDS," Deegan writes on the GoFundMe page. "Dom has second and third degree burns on his face and leg. He’s going to be scarred for life mentally and physically.

Deegan says her family is asking for money so they can find a new home, as their current one "is not safe."

This kid downstairs has gotten away with too much and has a history of bullying. The mother thinks he is innocent. The family thinks it’s a joke. Even though Dominick can’t talk because he’s in a lot of pain and all swollen, he said to my mom, 'Please don’t take me back there,' Deegan says
Police were called to the scene after the attack, and the young boy was taken to the hospital, according to WTNH News.

"Preliminary reports indicate that up to four unattended children were seen playing with gasoline and lighting objects on fire," Bridgeport police reportedly said.

Speaking with WTNH News, Dominick's mother Maria Rua says her son has been bullied for a year by the alleged 8-year-old perpetrator.

My son has been bullied by this child for a year," Rua reportedly says. That day, they purposefully threw a gasoline-saturated ball that they lit on fire at my son’s face. They called his name so he would turn around. They threw it at Dominick and left him outside alone to die.
Rua tells the news station her son will be in the hospital for a few days, adding it's hard for her to watch her son in pain.

His face is about twice the size it normally is,” Rua said. “He’s swollen with blisters. You can’t even see his beautiful eyes anymore," Rua tells KMPH News. "He’s a strong boy though, he’s coping... For what he’s going through, watching him have to get those bandages off and his face scraped is painful for him and it’s painful for me to watch that and it’s not fair to him.

Article doesn’t mention if this tenant is the mother of the attacker:

WABC also spoke with tenant Laura Giacobbe and she claims Dominick’s mother was supposed to keep an eye on the kids.

“She neglected these children outside. She neglected them. If your child is being bullied, would you leave your child out with somebody being bullied? That’s the question,” Giacobbe told WABC.

I think it would be poetic justice to undo his actions by making him sit under lake ice in the winter a solid 15 minutes before EMTs revive him.

giphy.gif

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Time for 10 year old Nelson Muntz to move in next door and take aim at the 8 year old and possibly bang his mom.

I thought you cons were big on consequences. He set another child on fire. He's a sick fvck. I highly doubt he'll ever be a productive member of society.
This seems like one of the situations where Stalin would circle a name and Beria knew what that meant and nobody had to say anything.
The problem just went away…

Reactions: Tom Paris
If only we funded social services and child protective services to remove that 8 yr old from his home (where he's obviously not being parented) and place him elsewhere.

Can't fund that, though. Gotta stay focused on canceling out abortion rights, I guess...

I don't know if these apparent facts matter to anyone...but technically, going by the linked article, the purported bully did NOT "set the other boy on fire". Yes, he was extremely careless and possibly even purposeful in throwing a flaming ball at another kid, but that isn't really the same thing as consciously lighting another on fire.

It could be as simple as kids doing very stupid things with, and to, one another and then someone got hurt in the process. Or the 8 year old thrower could have purposed to throw the flame ball at the younger kid without the sense that it could be so dangerous. Or the thrower burned himself while performing the stupid stunt and "hot potatoed" the flame ball that accidentally hit the other kid, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, this is very serious, but there is A LOT of context and information that isn't in this article that should be considered before lighting the 8 year old perpetrator on fire as a punishment...IMO. But...some rag got some clicks...so it's cool.

Reactions: The Tradition
His Go Fund Me is at almost 500k. I hope the parents do the right thing with the money. I am curious what will come from this. Reading the story from the brother, the outcome does not seem possible. His body also received burns.

"What he did was pour gasoline on a tennis ball, took a lighter, lit it up and just chucked it right at my brother's face — and then ran away from him and watched him burn," Deegan said.

I don't know if these apparent facts matter to anyone...but technically, going by the linked article, the purported bully did NOT "set the other boy on fire". Yes, he was extremely careless and possibly even purposeful in throwing a flaming ball at another kid, but that isn't really the same thing as consciously lighting another on fire.

It could be as simple as kids doing very stupid things with, and to, one another and then someone got hurt in the process. Or the 8 year old thrower could have purposed to throw the flame ball at the younger kid without the sense that it could be so dangerous. Or the thrower burned himself while performing the stupid stunt and "hot potatoed" the flame ball that accidentally hit the other kid, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, this is very serious, but there is A LOT of context and information that isn't in this article that should be considered before lighting the 8 year old perpetrator on fire as a punishment...IMO. But...some rag got some clicks...so it's cool.

02eef5a42a9d4937d934e7268bf0ddc585330ee4.gif

Can we blame chicago?

Dude, logic and reason aren't allowed in bloodlust threads.

The history here is he routinely bullied the other kid.

So, let's quit pretending this was some sort of 'accident'.
The 8 yr old has some discipline/parenting issues, and the parent/parents are probably AWOL here. So, as a society, we need to assess whether we want CPS and other entities to intervene, or simply "let this one ride out" and have this child grow up to be an even bigger problem for society (and danger to others).

Kid needs to be in juvie yesterday, and the parents need some Q&A/investigation as to how he has access to gas/lighters, etc. and hasn't learned basic safety with fire, etc.

Throwing a gas-covered object at someone's face is lighting them on fire, because the gas doesn't stick to the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT