ADVERTISEMENT

Sleeze ball Saban

Fair enough, but what is he going to say? Yeah, I'm planning to move on, or I'm highly interested in X job, etc.?

Has ANY coach EVER come out and admitted any of that when asked about a certain job opening they've been connected to in the rumor mill? Not that I can recall. They always downplay it or deny it.

Not that it'll ever happen, but I'd take Saban at Iowa if offered the chance.
A No comment works just fine.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Why would anyone trust this slippery liar? A little history for those who are too young to remember. As Michigan State coach, "I am not leaving MSU" ... next day he's coach at LSU. As LSU coach "I am not leaving LSU"... next day he's coach at Miami Dolphins. While coach at the Miami Dolphins "I am not leaving the Dolphins"... next day he's coach at Alabama. I rest my case.
And he's been the coach at Alabama now for a long, long, long time. And he's helped make a lot of athletes a lot of money in the NFL. And has his team in the limelight almost every week of the season because they're usually ranked in the top 6 or higher.

Reactions: amahawk

...The piece quoted three former Tide players — one who describes himself as “still kind of bitter” — who were among the 12 medical redshirts given out by the Saban-led program since 2007. That number is nearly half of the estimated 25 medical redshirts handed out by SEC schools the past three years.

Medical redshirts are designed for players who are no longer able to play football due to injury, but still allows them to receive the financial aid that permits them to continue their schooling as if they were on scholarship. At least one of the former Tide players interviewed for the piece claims he was still medically able to play, but was urged — or pressured — by the school to take the medical waiver in order to clear a roster spot for better players. With scholarship limits set at 85, and the pressure to build and sustain a successful football program higher than it’s ever been, roster spots are at a premium, and there’s likely no program in the nation that doesn’t look to “massage” the outer edges of NCAA rules as it pertains to how a roster can be constructed...

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Reactions: 59DAWG
So, no evidence? Just, everyone knows?
You mean a link? No I don't have one. You can choose to be naive if you like. If Saban is such a great coach, why was he a failure as a NFL head coach? Saban wins because he has the best players.

You mean a link? No I don't have one. You can choose to be naive if you like. If Saban is such a great coach, why was he a failure as a NFL head coach? Saban wins because he has the best players.
Well, I never mentioned he was a great coach. But, he does get the best players. Maybe he's just a very good coach and outstanding recruiter?

I'm naive because I don't assume he is cheating?

Why would anyone trust this slippery liar? A little history for those who are too young to remember. As Michigan State coach, "I am not leaving MSU" ... next day he's coach at LSU. As LSU coach "I am not leaving LSU"... next day he's coach at Miami Dolphins. While coach at the Miami Dolphins "I am not leaving the Dolphins"... next day he's coach at Alabama. I rest my case.
Get past the butt hurt. You don't know Proctor and he doesn't know you. Recruiting is about love and war. Iowa flips recruits every single year also. Move on.

F**k you saban, and f**k your daughter just like Lane Kiffin did.
Move on. You allow a 17 year old's college decision consume you, one who you don't even know personally or doesn't know you. Step away and get a breather.

Well, I never mentioned he was a great coach. But, he does get the best players. Maybe he's just a very good coach and outstanding recruiter?

I'm naive because I don't assume he is cheating?
My apologies for saying you choose to be naive. I'll just say that he has cheated but i won't say how I know.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Saban has had 42 of his last 100 recruits transfer out. I wonder if high school kids look at those types of stats. Not sure I would want to go to a place with that type of turnover rate.

• Haha
Reactions: frydaze

...The piece quoted three former Tide players — one who describes himself as “still kind of bitter” — who were among the 12 medical redshirts given out by the Saban-led program since 2007. That number is nearly half of the estimated 25 medical redshirts handed out by SEC schools the past three years.

Medical redshirts are designed for players who are no longer able to play football due to injury, but still allows them to receive the financial aid that permits them to continue their schooling as if they were on scholarship. At least one of the former Tide players interviewed for the piece claims he was still medically able to play, but was urged — or pressured — by the school to take the medical waiver in order to clear a roster spot for better players. With scholarship limits set at 85, and the pressure to build and sustain a successful football program higher than it’s ever been, roster spots are at a premium, and there’s likely no program in the nation that doesn’t look to “massage” the outer edges of NCAA rules as it pertains to how a roster can be constructed...
Didn't read this, but I thought "processing" was a common SEC practice, not unique to Saban/Alabama.

Didn't read this, but I thought "processing" was a common SEC practice, not unique to Saban/Alabama.
It was fairly common, he just took it to another level. Where he had more than all of the other SEC teams combined. In hoops they call it Creaning.

Saban has had 42 of his last 100 recruits transfer out. I wonder if high school kids look at those types of stats. Not sure I would want to go to a place with that type of turnover rate.
Then wait for a transfer.

Alabama tends to get the best-of-the-best. The kind of kid who goes to Alabama is not going to be dissuaded by those numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT