ADVERTISEMENT

Slurpers

TJ8869

HB King
Dec 7, 2006
I’m trying to enjoy the complimentary breakfast at my hotel this morning and there’s a dude two tables away from me eating cereal. He slurps each spoonful. Loudly. Just when I thought he was finished, he served himself a second bowl and the slurping continues unabated.

What should be his punishment?

I’m trying to enjoy the complimentary breakfast at my hotel this morning and there’s a dude two tables away from me eating cereal. He slurps each spoonful. Loudly. Just when I thought he was finished, he served himself a second bowl and the slurping continues unabated.

Sorry you had to endure this. It happened to me once at a hotel...hell it's probably the same guy.

Hopefully the weird feeling in your stomach from having that sound in your head goes away by noon. It did for me.

Reactions: Moral

It sounds like your punishment... what did you do?

giphy.gif

Go to your room.

You sound like my brother.. growing up he would always freak out if I dinged my bowl with the spoon while eating cereal. So obviously as the little brother I would do it on purpose /csb

Then you slurp louder!

Reactions: millah_22

Get close to him and turn on AirDrop and send him this:

tumblr_mgg08xvxgw1qldrydo1_500.gif

When he looks up and around to see who sent it give him one of these looks:

giphy.gif

It’s pretty well established that I’m an insensitive jerk. But that doesn’t give people of certain cultures a free pass on slurping while they eat.
Insensitive? I dunno, you seem pretty sensitive to me. Overstimulated by cereal.

Nothin, freedom of speech/to make noise in an open area.

Nothin, freedom of speech/to make noise in an open area.

This. Public space. Either ignore it or remove yourself. They have every right to be there as OP.

He's in the hotel dining area. That's not really an "open" or "public" space. OP should be able to throw a complimentary** apple at him.

**I like to think that it's not just a free apple, but also that the apple says nice things about people as it flies through the air.

He's in the hotel dining area. That's not really an "open" or "public" space. OP should be able to throw a complimentary** apple at him.

**I like to think that it's not just a free apple, but also that the apple says nice things about people as it flies through the air.
It's public in the sense that anyone who stays at that hotel has the right to dine in that space. I guess I should say communal. If OP wants quiet, then go back to the room.

Reactions: NDallasRuss

Obviously you should pee in his Cheerios.

Go piss in his cornflakes.

Reactions: BrianNole777

Did he have an FSU ball cap on, reek of cigarette smoke, and was he posting about hurricane season? Was this a platinum member only hotel?

can't stand when people eat with their mouth open and make that smacking noise

purple-and-brown-chewing-gum.gif

Did he have an FSU ball cap on, reek of cigarette smoke, and was he posting about hurricane season? Was this a platinum member only hotel?
I don’t think it was Belem, if that’s what you’re suggesting. ;)

If you're from the Midwest, do what any good Iowan would do. Turn your head slightly, clench your jaw, and give a disapproving look, just not directly at them.
Then add the pronounced throat clearing and glances to other patrons seeking to make sure all others are aware of the offender and disapprove.

Reactions: IACub

Two words: ear buds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT