ADVERTISEMENT

Small Pet Peeve

cidhawkeye

HR Legend
Jun 21, 2009
Is it just me(probably) that is getting annoyed with the primarily cookie cutter

After deep thought and prayer I want to thank ______fill in the blank______ and careful consideration I have decided....paragraph, paragraph to continue my career at the South Hampton Institute of Technology.

How about

I picked this school

Probably just me.

Reactions: InsaneHawk
Yeah, it's probably just you ;).
I think the kids leaving are just trying to be respectful. Also, most of them truly are thankful for the coaching they'd received, among other things.
It's all good, and I prefer to read that over some "I'm out" statement.

Reactions: kceasthawk
If you're looking for good storytelling, you won't find it in most PR-related content, which is what these announcements essentially are. Shaped and inspired by either what's already been done 1000 times, or by some boring PR knucklehead that thinks he's good at his/her job.

If you're looking for storytelling, maybe subscribe to Disney+ or something?

I am pretty sure players have a template they pass around and just fill out. Thanks to fans, coaches, God. Excited to announce blah blah

After zero thought or consideration and without consult, advice, or guidance from anyone close to me -- which I would have flatly ignored anyway because they're all idiots -- I've decided to continue my career at [PROGRAM NAME]. Please take special note that this decision had nothing to do with God or prayer or any other religiously-affiliated construct.

Now leave me the f*ck alone.

After zero thought or consideration and without consult, advice, or guidance from anyone close to me -- which I would have flatly ignored anyway because they're all idiots -- I've decided to continue my career at [PROGRAM NAME]. Please take special note that this decision had nothing to do with God or prayer or any other religiously-affiliated construct.

Now leave me the f*ck alone.
Future Labas announcement

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT