ADVERTISEMENT

Smith-Marsette declares for NFL draft

I think you're in the minority if you don't think he appears to be a bit selfish. Good player? Absolutely. But we all saw his body language in games this season and last where he seemed frustrated when he didn't touch the ball.

I wish him luck. Iowa will survive.
Exactly. Not knocking the guy from a talent perspective. But he seems to care more about himself than team contributions.

Reactions: Muscles1989
It almost seems that to be a successful wide receiver you have to have an enormous ego. He was fun to watch and his theatrics brought some drama/excitement to the game. He's gonna have to prove himself at the NFL level!

I think you're in the minority if you don't think he appears to be a bit selfish. Good player? Absolutely. But we all saw his body language in games this season and last where he seemed frustrated when he didn't touch the ball.

Exactly. Not knocking the guy from a talent perspective. But he seems to care more about himself than team contributions.
Except KF has directly contradict this himself on multiple occasions, and always has nothing but praise for him.

It's fine if you don't like the showboating, but don't try to insinuate he wasn't a team player when there's zero evidence to that argument.

Need more wrs with his persona and mentality to keep ascending as a program. He had some moments this season but he was far from terrible attitude wise but idc if I'm in the minority with that take.

More frustrated than selfish IMO. His outgoing personality might lead to that impression. I understand the frustration because he has high expectations for himself and the team. To a man, I bet every Iowa receiver would claim that the passing attack underachieved this year - and that would include Petras.

Need more wrs with his persona and mentality to keep ascending as a program. He had some moments this season but he was far from terrible attitude wise but idc if I'm in the minority with that take.
I agree.

Wishing him well. Was fun to watch. Hope he carves out an NFL career like Cordalle Patterson.

I don't think he plays in the bowl game, but excited for Tracy and B. Smith to step up.

I think K. Johnson can be the same type of talent as ISM on next year's squad.

Onward!

Reactions: mooresville hawk
All it takes is 1 contract to be set for life. Not sure I see him getting drafted, but doesnt mean he wont get an opportunity.

Can we not have a thread where some fatass who barely played in high school rips a former player for something? God damn, some of you losers are insufferable.

Good luck to ISM, definitely gave us a lot of good memories.
Yes, I'll never forget 74 in a 30. He isn't playing on Sundays, fool.

Ihmir has been a great Hawkeye for the last four years and I have enjoyed watching him play and hope he does well in the NFL. He has helped advance our wide receiver room along with Brandon while they were on campus. They were both thrust into starting roles before they were ready due to the lack of depth we had when they arrived.

Ihmir has taken a taken a lot of criticism from the coaches while he has been on the team and has learned and grown from his experiences as opposed to leaving the program as many might have done. He likes to have fun, but does have some arrogance about himself. Many successful wide receivers display these traits.

I believe that the Hawkeyes will be fine without Irmir, partly because of what he has been able to help build during his time in the program. Does anyone think we would have been able to bring in the incoming class that we have this year without the success that Irmir and Brandon have had over the last four years? We should all be appreciative of the joy he has given us over the last four years and not dwell on the negatives and need to stop tearing down our own players.

It almost seems that to be a successful wide receiver you have to have an enormous ego. He was fun to watch and his theatrics brought some drama/excitement to the game. He's gonna have to prove himself at the NFL level!

The egotistical drama queen star wide receiver narrative has been blown out of proportion by sports media because of a few exceptional cases like Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Ocho Cinco and Antonio Brown, to name a few.

But the list of exceptionally grounded star wide receivers is much longer: All-time greats like Jerry Rice, Tim Brown and Larry Fitzgerald were about as modest as they come, and today’s top wide receivers (Davante Adams, Julio Jones, DJ Metcalf and Deandre Hopkins are pretty chill dudes given their superhuman talents).

Point being, star wide receiver and egomaniacal shouldn’t be synonymous.

Reactions: biblis
Best of luck to ISM ... a great Hawkeye whose playmaking abilities will be missed. Made games more exciting to watch, that's for sure. Wish the Hawks had more like him. Barring injury, he will be fine in the NFL.

Except KF has directly contradict this himself on multiple occasions, and always has nothing but praise for him.

It's fine if you don't like the showboating, but don't try to insinuate he wasn't a team player when there's zero evidence to that argument.
It appeared to me that he was a good downfield blocker and helped his teammates. NFL receivers have to do that as well as have hands of glue.

Good luck to him. I think he sticks on an active roster. Hell of a player.

Keagan really does fit the role perfectly. Doesn’t have ISM speed, but much more physical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT