ADVERTISEMENT

Smith-Marsette declares for NFL draft

The account tweeting that stuff is a parody account.
Well if he didn't say that stuff at all, then that's even worse for the Vikings to trade him rather than keeping him AND Raeghor (or however the f*** you spell it)

The previous rumor at least made the reasoning somewhat more sane..............

Well if he didn't say that stuff at all, then that's even worse for the Vikings to trade him rather than keeping him AND Raeghor (or however the f*** you spell it)

The previous rumor at least made the reasoning somewhat more sane..............
New regime wants their guys.

I don't expect ISM to clear waivers, I think someone will snatch him up. Hopefully Green Bay. I know they loved him in last year's draft process.

Ok - this is who ISM is. Someone who has gotten by with athletic talent doesn't necessarily put the work in. Add in the fact he told a rookie DB to "sleep with both eyes open, B*tch" (this came from his agent) , they weren't willing to keep him as a punt returner when he had been struggling at that. Since they let Zim go all they are talking about is team chemistry. ISM will probably get picked up - however Raegor likely has as much upside if not more in this offense than ISM did.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk

Bears claimed WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette off waivers from the Vikings.​

Smith-Marsette was let go after the Vikings traded for Jalen Reagor on Wednesday. The Bears needed some more wideout help after placing Tajae Sharpe and N'Keal Harry on injured reserve.
Well that's good for ISM, stays in NFC Central. Given his prowess on special teams, jet sweeps, WR, etc, another dumb move by the Vikings.

I gave up on Zimmer last year when his defense gave up a record amount of points in the last two minutes of each half and his defensive players talked about a culture of fear.

I am disappointed they waived ISM. I thought he could be good for them. I think they weren't comfortable with ISM returning punts, which is interesting considering Reagor's game against the BUCS. I am happy he is a Bear and does not have Rodgers throwing to him.

Well that's good for ISM, stays in NFC Central. Given his prowess on special teams, jet sweeps, WR, etc, another dumb move by the Vikings.
The road to the Hall of Fame is bumpy sometimes. Until then they (Vikings) apparently thought they had better options all over the field. Time will tell. (he has to stick on Da Bears for starters, which may or may not occur when Harry comes off injured reserve in a few weeks, not sure about Sharpe's status).

I gave up on Zimmer last year when his defense gave up a record amount of points in the last two minutes of each half and his defensive players talked about a culture of fear.

I am disappointed they waived ISM. I thought he could be good for them. I think they weren't comfortable with ISM returning punts, which is interesting considering Reagor's game against the BUCS. I am happy he is a Bear and does not have Rodgers throwing to him.
ISM not being a punt returner is a poor excuse to waive him.

From the reports, it sounds like it's just a matter of the new administration wanting their guys, as evidence from them gutting the 2021 draft class from the roster.

We'll see how that works out for them, but they're also making moves to set themselves up to have outs/built-in excuses in case 2022 goes south, which it very well could.

And that I'm also not thrilled about.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT