ADVERTISEMENT

Smith/Smith

broth87

HB Heisman
May 21, 2004
I'm hoping this bye week involves the coaching staff finding ways to get Tevaun and Jerminic on the field at the same time. I know Vandenberg runs a lot of our slot stuff but I'd love to see Tevaun as a slot in a package coupled with Jerminic. I think that could put a ton of pressure on defenses and open some big plays for our offense.

Having a duel threat of athletic receivers could be really helpful for us, specifically in the long passing game. Jermanic just needs a little more experience and he's golden. Tricking the defense in not knowing which Smith we'd throw it to would be a great weapon.

I'm hoping this bye week involves the coaching staff finding ways to get Tevaun and Jerminic on the field at the same time. I know Vandenberg runs a lot of our slot stuff but I'd love to see Tevaun as a slot in a package coupled with Jerminic. I think that could put a ton of pressure on defenses and open some big plays for our offense.

Might be worthwhile if Iowa is winning big otherwise subbing Jerminic for VandeBerg will probably happen over Beathard's dead body.

Might be worthwhile if Iowa is winning big otherwise subbing Jerminic for VandeBerg will probably happen over Beathard's dead body.
Anyone who's sane wants VandeBerg on the field. We might like to see Jerminic more than McCarron and Hillyer though.

Reactions: sloehawk
Hillyer is a very good downfield blocker, but has stone hands at times. Jerminic will get his opportunities after this year.

I'm the op and I didn't say anything about taking Vandenberg off the field. I'm thinking 3 receiver or 4 receiver set, pair Smith and Smith with tevaun in the slot. I'd like to see those two in some combo routes. Has nothing to do with Vandenberg. He's having a terrific season.

All year long I've been on the Vandeberg hype train because a ton of people called him an unathletic white receiver, but if we had a four receiver set with j Smith and hillyer out wide and t Smith and mv in the slots... Hnnggg.

I'm the op and
I didn't say anything about taking Vandenberg off the field. I'm thinking 3 receiver or 4 receiver set, pair Smith and Smith with tevaun in the slot. I'd like to see those two in some combo routes. Has nothing to do with Vandenberg. He's having a terrific season.

My bad, I misread your first post.

Hillyer already serves as a decoy, because opposing teams already knows that he does the "dirty work." The thing is that he does it well. If we take Hillyer out - it tips things off that we're less likely to run. Of course, that might be one of the very reasons we'd try to run out of that personnel package.

If Jerminic has learned Hillyer's spot too ... then I'm all for giving him reps at that WR spot. Alternatively, Tevaun has presumably learned all the WR spots ... so he could be the one who subs in for Hillyer and Jerminic and VandeBerg play their usual spots. WR is a position where guys get rotated in and out all the time - and fans rarely notice. I bet that we had both Smiths out there against Northwestern at one point in time. Anybody notice, by any chance?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT