Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
Snyder defeats Cox 2-0 (matches) at Rudis SuperMatch

Full article and results - click here

Main Event (best of three-series)
97 kg – Kyle Snyder dec. J’den Cox, two matches to none
Match 1– Kyle Snyder dec. J’den Cox, 5-5
Match 2 - Kyle Snyder dec. J’den Cox, 7-1

Other matches on the card (in order of appearance)
Match 1: 145 lbs. HS Folkstyle –Casey Swiderski dec. Jesse Mendez, 10-4
Match 2: 153 lbs. HS Freestyle – Caleb Henson dec. Hunter Garvin, 8-6
Match 3: 79 kg – David McFadden dec. Mitch Finesilver, 6-2
Match 4: 50 kg – Erin Golston dec. Emily Shilson, 2-2
Match 5: 65 kg – Evan Henderson dec. Seth Gross, 13-11
Match 6: 125 kg –Amar Dhesi dec. Derek White, 12-7
Match 7: 72 kg – Kennedy Blades tech. fall Victoria Francis, 11-1
Match 8: 97 kg – Kollin Moore dec. Nate Jackson, 4-4
Match 10: 79 kg – Alex Dieringer dec. Isaiah Martinez, 4-1
Match 11: 62 kg – Kayla Miracle dec. Emma Bruntil, 8-2
Match 12: 86 kg – Mark Hall dec. Myles Martin, 2-1
Match 13: 70 kg – Alec Pantaleo dec. Jordan Oliver, 4-1
Match 14: 70 kg – James Green dec. Zain Retherford, 4-0
Match 15: 53 kg – Sarah Hildebrandt tech. fall Ronna Gross, 10-0

Cox will come back strong, when he starts to love wrestling again he'll take out Captain America IMO

Or I may be wrong and he just had an off night. Cox is on Snyder's level and has the potential to go above it IMO

Cox will come back strong, when he starts to love wrestling again he'll take out Captain America IMO

Or I may be wrong and he just had an off night. Cox is on Snyder's level and has the potential to go above it IMO

What do you mean "starts to love wrestling again" - if he's lost it at this stage, he ain't getting in back.

Cox's biggest problem is his unwillingness to attack early and often. And Snyder exposed that.

What do you mean "starts to love wrestling again" - if he's lost it at this stage, he ain't getting in back.

Cox's biggest problem is his unwillingness to attack early and often. And Snyder exposed that.
Whatever..... I'm showing support for one of my favorite wrestlers. We never know what people are dealing with, and I'm just saying that while match 2 especially didn't go J'den's way, IMO I still believe he has a higher ceiling. I'm going to go back to watching this random college tournament now.

Whatever..... I'm showing support for one of my favorite wrestlers. We never know what people are dealing with, and I'm just saying that while match 2 especially didn't go J'den's way, IMO I still believe he has a higher ceiling. I'm going to go back to watching this random college tournament now.
You do realize that Snyder has won NCAA Gold x3, World Gold, and Olympic Gold. Is there some other ceiling I'm unaware of?

You do realize that Snyder has won NCAA Gold x3, World Gold, and Olympic Gold. Is there some other ceiling I'm unaware of?
Yeah and it's the Sistine Chapel of ceilings known as Sadualaev. You're a little blinded by your cael fandom me thinks. Cox has a higher ceiling IMO. U can disagree, but I'm surprised you thought listing Snyder's accomplishments would prove anything since it kinda highlights how freakin' close they are. Snyder's a 3 time NCAA champ u say? Oooh, got me there... Lol, we're not talking about Adam Coon or Gwiz u know. You would've been better off just saying agree to disagree. Are you even familiar with Cox?

Yeah and it's the Sistine Chapel of ceilings known as Sadualaev. You're a little blinded by your cael fandom me thinks. Cox has a higher ceiling IMO. U can disagree, but I'm surprised you thought listing Snyder's accomplishments would prove anything since it kinda highlights how freakin' close they are. Snyder's a 3 time NCAA champ u say? Oooh, got me there... Lol, we're not talking about Adam Coon or Gwiz u know. You would've been better off just saying agree to disagree. Are you even familiar with Cox?
🙄🙄🙄

Here's the issue. Cox DOESN'T have a "higher ceiling" - at this point in his career, he's not going to change who he is and how he wrestles matches. If he were going to - he already would have:

Lost close to Snyder at NCAAs
Lost on criteria at 2016 Olympics :rolleyes:
Lost in 2017 worlds just staring at the guy while losing the match
2021 Poland Open loses 2-1 to a Ukrainian wrestler
2021 Worlds loses 3-3 to Iran

J'Den is a GREAT wrestler. But it's high time we all appreciate him for what he is. One of the greatest and creative defensive wrestlers of all time who just doesn't pull the trigger that often - which will cost him at times.

Reactions: 24 so far
Oh dear god. You are a dope.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
ADVERTISEMENT