ADVERTISEMENT

So apparently my brother and SIL are swingers

Yeah, it's never a choice a couple should make without constant discussion before they ever attempt it. Women own the power in the LS, guys are kind of secondary. Lots of guys think it sounds fun in theory until their woman starts getting a lot of attention, then it can become not as much fun.
I skimmed through this thread, what is "LS"?

For those thinking permissive sexuality leads to societal problems compare two countries: The Netherlands with a very open attitude towards sex and the United States.

Divorce rate: US 2.9/1000 vs. Netherlands of 1.8/1000
Suicide: US 23.7/100K vs Netherlands 9.6/100K
Single parent household: US 23% vs Netherlands 16%

Instead of railing against the evils of extramarital sex, maybe we should spend more energy on birth control, family planning and sexual education/awareness.

Divorce rate
Suicide rate
Single parent rate
It's the legal drugs, bro.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Yeah, it's never a choice a couple should make without constant discussion before they ever attempt it. Women own the power in the LS, guys are kind of secondary. Lots of guys think it sounds fun in theory until their woman starts getting a lot of attention, then it can become not as much fun.

Other than my moral reasons for not doing it, I also know I don't want my wide doing other men, so it makes sense that I also would not do other women.

Other than my moral reasons for not doing it, I also know I don't want my wide doing other men, so it makes sense that I also would not do other women.
Yeah the thought of another dude effing my wife is abhorrent, and then me wanting to be with her if she wanted that is inconceivable. If that is the case, what is the point of being married? I certainly would not want any part of that.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
I think you are making some big assumptions as to causation.
I was not trying to prove a correlation. I was simply pointing out an example of a country that has a more open attitude towards sexuality without the issues that some other posters suggested. I am sure there are a myriad of factors that cause elevated rates of divorce and single parent families.

ADVERTISEMENT