ADVERTISEMENT

So apparently my brother and SIL are swingers

So basically my wife is texting with a old friend of hers from back in middle school that she's always stayed in contact with. She is telling her about how her sister in law is an anti-vaxer who believes crazy crap (some Q related stuff) and posts it on Facebook.

So my wife doesn't have Tik Tok (Doesn't want Tik Tok) but her friend does so her friend goes and internet looks up the very public information on my brother and SIL on Tik Tok expecting to find just some crazy anti-vaxer Q stuff. Finds a bunch of stuff about them swinging and sends it back to my wife with screenshots. (I also get the impression that there is videos.)

My wife suddenly says "Oh my God I can't unknow that!" At that point I'm mostly like "Ok whatever and didn't ask any questions and I figured she was down some other rabbit hole." Then she suddenly starts saying that our kids can't stay over at their house without us there. (Which they were not anyway because my brother isn't what I would consider safe with his firearms.) So now I know it's about my brother I started asking what she found out.

Yeah so if you remember way back a few years ago I mentioned on here that they had separated. Well they got back together and started seeing a marriage councilor. We just sort of figured that had helped. Apparently not. . . they had posted on social media that marriage counseling didn't help their marriage but swinging was. (Honestly I think that's BS and it's just a distraction from their marriage problems.)

There is apparently more information that is being withheld for my sanity.

There was also apparently posts about wanting their family to find out but they where not sure how her dad would handle it. Well I can't actually tell you how my parents are going to handle it if they find out but I can tell you exactly how it's gonna go with her dad and that's not well. On the day of their wedding my brother took me aside and told me that they did not want her dad to know they were living together before marriage. So how do you think that's gonna go??

Now I have to try to keep quiet and not yell "FREAKS!!" next time I see them.
Not freaks. There’s a big world out there, Hoosier. Lots and lots of different types of functioning and sustainable relationships.

Has it been confirmed/verified that Hoosier's brother & sil are actually swingers? Or is it all going off of a tictoc vid that someone saw?

Life is too short to be upset over something like this. Last summer on vacation, my (no pic) wife and I were talking to a couple at the pool (socially distanced of course). They let us know that they were swingers. We told them no thanks, which they respected. Otherwise, they seemed like decent people. We had a big laugh about it later.

Nothing wrong with swinging.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So basically my wife is texting with a old friend of hers from back in middle school that she's always stayed in contact with. She is telling her about how her sister in law is an anti-vaxer who believes crazy crap (some Q related stuff) and posts it on Facebook.

So my wife doesn't have Tik Tok (Doesn't want Tik Tok) but her friend does so her friend goes and internet looks up the very public information on my brother and SIL on Tik Tok expecting to find just some crazy anti-vaxer Q stuff. Finds a bunch of stuff about them swinging and sends it back to my wife with screenshots. (I also get the impression that there is videos.)

My wife suddenly says "Oh my God I can't unknow that!" At that point I'm mostly like "Ok whatever and didn't ask any questions and I figured she was down some other rabbit hole." Then she suddenly starts saying that our kids can't stay over at their house without us there. (Which they were not anyway because my brother isn't what I would consider safe with his firearms.) So now I know it's about my brother I started asking what she found out.

Yeah so if you remember way back a few years ago I mentioned on here that they had separated. Well they got back together and started seeing a marriage councilor. We just sort of figured that had helped. Apparently not. . . they had posted on social media that marriage counseling didn't help their marriage but swinging was. (Honestly I think that's BS and it's just a distraction from their marriage problems.)

There was also apparently posts about wanting their family to find out but they where not sure how her dad would handle it. Well I can't actually tell you how my parents are going to handle it if they find out but I can tell you exactly how it's gonna go with her dad and that's not well. On the day of their wedding my brother took me aside and told me that they did not want her dad to know they were living together before marriage. So how do you think that's gonna go??

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I personally cannot wait for chapter 2.

We are 99.9% sure our neighbors across the street are swingers. Someone stumbled across a CL ad they placed for “like minded individuals” to be friends with and some of the stuff they post on FB is risqué. My brother who went to HS with the female pretty much confirmed it when we voiced our suspicions. She’s been through 2 divorces and he 1. Neither are overly attractive, but they aren’t repulsive either. A bit white trashy. Probably a 3 or 4 Iowa rating. They continually invite us to bonfires, parties, hot tub parties, Vegas trips, etc. We always give them a polite maybe, but always have an excuse to miss the event.

The latest invitation that seems odd is the female inviting my wife to attend her sister’s bachelorette party. Got a text practically begging her to come and that it would mean the world to her. Seems odd since we have never done a single thing with this couple over the 6 years we’ve lived here. I’m trying to talk my wife into it just so she can report back. We live in small town rural Iowa so I’m not worried about a Dancing Bear type of party.

Sad part of this story. One of the couples they are overly friendly with (odd FB posts), the male committed suicide about a year ago. Out of the blue. No history of depression and no outward signs. We wonder if there was a connection. The wife of the suicide victim seems to have gotten over his death with relative ease and appears to be right back in whatever lifestyle they are all leading.

We really don’t care what they do. We think it’s funny, laugh and gossip about it. Mostly it’s, OMG, our neighbors are swingers! To each their own. It’s just not for us and we don’t want to put ourselves out there for anyone to think it would be.

We are 99.9% sure our neighbors across the street are swingers. Someone stumbled across a CL ad they placed for “like minded individuals” to be friends with and some of the stuff they post on FB is risqué. My brother who went to HS with the female pretty much confirmed it when we voiced our suspicions. She’s been through 2 divorces and he 1. Neither are overly attractive, but they aren’t repulsive either. A bit white trashy. Probably a 3 or 4 Iowa rating. They continually invite us to bonfires, parties, hot tub parties, Vegas trips, etc. We always give them a polite maybe, but always have an excuse to miss the event.

The latest invitation that seems odd is the female inviting my wife to attend her sister’s bachelorette party. Got a text practically begging her to come and that it would mean the world to her. Seems odd since we have never done a single thing with this couple over the 6 years we’ve lived here. I’m trying to talk my wife into it just so she can report back. We live in small town rural Iowa so I’m not worried about a Dancing Bear type of party.

Sad part of this story. One of the couples they are overly friendly with (odd FB posts), the male committed suicide about a year ago. Out of the blue. No history of depression and no outward signs. We wonder if there was a connection. The wife of the suicide victim seems to have gotten over his death with relative ease and appears to be right back in whatever lifestyle they are all leading.

We really don’t care what they do. We think it’s funny, laugh and gossip about it. Mostly it’s, OMG, our neighbors are swingers! To each their own. It’s just not for us and we don’t want to put ourselves out there for anyone to think it would be.
This sounds eerily similar to what just happened in the community I am in.

Reactions: Herkmeister

Get them some front-porch pineapple decor for the next birthday/holiday.

Reactions: goldmom
For those thinking permissive sexuality leads to societal problems compare two countries: The Netherlands with a very open attitude towards sex and the United States.

Divorce rate: US 2.9/1000 vs. Netherlands of 1.8/1000
Suicide: US 23.7/100K vs Netherlands 9.6/100K
Single parent household: US 23% vs Netherlands 16%

Instead of railing against the evils of extramarital sex, maybe we should spend more energy on birth control, family planning and sexual education/awareness.

Divorce rate
Suicide rate
Single parent rate

As someone who has been in and out of the lifestyle for years I can definitively say the following to dispel a few misconceptions.
1) You would be surprised as to who is involved, from Doctors all the way down to School Janitors.

2) No, not everyone in the LS are solid 10s but there are far more attractive people than most would imagine. On the flip side there are some that look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch falling down as well. However, that's the wonderful thing about it that you choose who you want to play with.

3) Events aren't complete debauchery, in fact many of them, including a local club, are very laid back with people mostly just drinking and socializing.

4) Most of the people in the LS are really good people. Many lasting friendships are made, even if no sex is ever involved.

5) Like anything in life, it's not a perfect world either. Feelings can be hurt, relationships can fall apart if communication is not key.

Just a few things to ponder for those interested.

Has it been confirmed/verified that Hoosier's brother & sil are actually swingers? Or is it all going off of a tictoc vid that someone saw?

Life is too short to be upset over something like this. Last summer on vacation, my (no pic) wife and I were talking to a couple at the pool (socially distanced of course). They let us know that they were swingers. We told them no thanks, which they respected. Otherwise, they seemed like decent people. We had a big laugh about it later.

This is off of videos that they posted on their tik tok where they are apparently talking about being swingers. I havn't seen them personally but I trust the sources.

Added information apparently my brother cheated on his wife which caused the marital acrimony and this was apparently the solution

Because you took sex ed out of the schools while telling us you and your church could do it better. Hasn’t quite worked out the way we were told it would, has it?

Umm last I heard sex ed was in the public schools.

I'm not suggesting the church teach sex ed either. Abstinence only education isn't going to work when the problem is primarily cultural.

This is off of videos that they posted on their tik tok where they are apparently talking about being swingers. I havn't seen them personally but I trust the sources.

Added information apparently my brother cheated on his wife which caused the marital acrimony and this was apparently the solution
I don't condone cheating. Breaking trust seems to me to be a bigger issue than swinging.

I don't condone cheating. Breaking trust seems to me to be a bigger issue than swinging.

I don't either.

But I don't think swinging is the solution to their marital problems. I think it just makes things worse. It maybe makes them feel better about things for a while but I think there is a limit in how long that lasts.

I don't either.

But I don't think swinging is the solution to their marital problems. I think it just makes things worse. It maybe makes them feel better about things for a while but I think there is a limit in how long that lasts.
For the record, I don't think swingers actually think this either. From my very limited interactions with people who are into that in order for it to work the marriage has to be strong, both parties must be doing it because they want to and not to make the other happy, and there has to be trust. So you are absolutely correct that if he cheated and this was the way they were going to solve it, it will blow up spectacularly.

I admit I was brought up in a different time and very different cultural and religious framework, but I can assure you that neither I nor my late husband could have participated in swinging or switches or whatever you want to call it.
If I had seen him get it on with another woman there would be YUUUUGGGE trouble. Especially if he looked like he was enjoying himself. 😡 And he was very possessive.
I almost think an affair that I never knew about would be preferable.

I admit I was brought up in a different time and very different cultural and religious framework, but I can assure you that neither I nor my late husband could have participated in swinging or switches or whatever you want to call it.
If I had seen him get it on with another woman there would be YUUUUGGGE trouble. Especially if he looked like he was enjoying himself. 😡 And he was very possessive.
I almost think an affair that I never knew about would be preferable.
I don't ever want to be with anyone but Mrs. Herk. But she don't wanna be with ANYBODY!!!! ☹️

I don't ever want to be with anyone but Mrs. Herk. But she don't wanna be with ANYBODY!!!! ☹️
When a woman goes through menopause, she loses all estrogen, her bits dry up and so does her desire. But estrogen suppositories definitely help, and so can a procedure with a rejuvenation device called the Mona Lisa.
Good luck! 😉

When a woman goes through menopause, she loses all estrogen, her bits dry up and so does her desire. But estrogen suppositories definitely help, and so can a procedure with a rejuvenation device called the Mona Lisa.
Good luck! 😉
I'm nuts about that woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As someone who has been in and out of the lifestyle for years I can definitively say the following to dispel a few misconceptions.
1) You would be surprised as to who is involved, from Doctors all the way down to School Janitors.

2) No, not everyone in the LS are solid 10s but there are far more attractive people than most would imagine. On the flip side there are some that look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch falling down as well. However, that's the wonderful thing about it that you choose who you want to play with.

3) Events aren't complete debauchery, in fact many of them, including a local club, are very laid back with people mostly just drinking and socializing.

4) Most of the people in the LS are really good people. Many lasting friendships are made, even if no sex is ever involved.

5) Like anything in life, it's not a perfect world either. Feelings can be hurt, relationships can fall apart if communication is not key.

Just a few things to ponder for those interested.
Your #5 applied to a friend of mine. He thought it might be fun for him and his girlfriend. To make a long story short. He was having a good time until he saw his girlfriend having a great time. He made a big scene they got kicked out and told never to return and girlfriend left him.

For those thinking permissive sexuality leads to societal problems compare two countries: The Netherlands with a very open attitude towards sex and the United States.

Divorce rate: US 2.9/1000 vs. Netherlands of 1.8/1000
Suicide: US 23.7/100K vs Netherlands 9.6/100K
Single parent household: US 23% vs Netherlands 16%

Instead of railing against the evils of extramarital sex, maybe we should spend more energy on birth control, family planning and sexual education/awareness.

Divorce rate
Suicide rate
Single parent rate
I think you are making some big assumptions as to causation.

Your #5 applied to a friend of mine. He thought it might be fun for him and his girlfriend. To make a long story short. He was having a good time until he saw his girlfriend having a great time. He made a big scene they got kicked out and told never to return and girlfriend left him.
Seems like that would be a risk for guys who don't have sufficient equipment, or know how to use their equipment, or both. If the wife or girlfriend is eager to go back, well that would have to make a guy wonder why...

Seems like that would be a risk for guys who don't have sufficient equipment, or know how to use their equipment, or both. If the wife or girlfriend is eager to go back, well that would have to make a guy wonder why...
Reminds me of a Friend's episode (except that his wife was into girls - not dudes with better packages):

Ross: Seriously, our sex life. I was thinking maybe, I don't know, we could try some new things, you know, for fun.
Carol: Like what?
Ross: Well, I don't know. What if we were to tie each other up? [coughs] Um, some people eat stuff off one another. Yeah. You know, we could try dirty talk. [nervous laugh] We could have a threesome.
Carol: I love that idea!

Yeah, it's never a choice a couple should make without constant discussion before they ever attempt it. Women own the power in the LS, guys are kind of secondary. Lots of guys think it sounds fun in theory until their woman starts getting a lot of attention, then it can become not as much fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT