ADVERTISEMENT

So happy for P Sandfort

TheRealHerky

HR All-American
Dec 1, 2001
What a feeling it must be for him to get his shot back. Kudos to him and the coaching staff to get his shooting back on track.
He never lost his confidence and his coaches and teammates never lost confidence in him.
Its the best part of sports.

What a feeling it must be for him to get his shot back. Kudos to him and the coaching staff to get his shooting back on track.
He never lost his confidence and his coaches and teammates never lost confidence in him.
That third one in the 2nd half where he came off the screen, turned and didn't even set his feet, and splash, now that was confidence or a heat check or whatever. Looked at the wife, (who was really enjoying the game), and said"he's back"...... :cool:

Never got to see the game today. He has such a pure shooting form. It was all about confidence. Good shooters know the next one is going down. He is that kind of a shooter. Was so puzzling to see him struggle!

Couldn’t agree more. It’s an option Iowa has needed to keep the D from filling up the interior, Much like what JBo could do in years past with his long range shot.

Hope this game was his kick start for the rest of the year.

needs to be consistent. Has had 3 times with back-to-back good games, then nothing for a stretch (didn't score against Neb and PSU)

That shot off the screen is what i expected from him all along from what he showed last year. When he is on and hitting his shots like that it reminds me of a JJ Redick with crazy good passing skills and ability to score in side a bit. As soon as this becomes a regular thing he is going to be pretty touch match up for anybody on the court. That will open up so many things for others. EXCITED

I think Payton is crucial to Iowa winning games. He's one of the few players that can really light it up. A natural scorer with experience to boot. If we hold serve at home this week he's going to need to help with the scoring, rebounding, and defense. I thought he did all of those things really well yesterday.

An unusually long slump but he seems to have bounced back, just a little. What a great all-round game.

Not saying he is as good as Larry Bird but similar game styles. Not tremendously "athletic" but a heady defender and quality rebounder. Loose ball magnet. Kind of like a much more talented version of the Baer.

Last edited:
An unusually long slump but he seems to have bounced back, just a little. What a great all-round game.

Not saying he is as good as Larry Bird but similar game styles. Not tremendously "athletic" but a heady defender and quality rebounder. Loose ball magnet. Kind of like a much more talented version of the Baer.
The put back of the air ball was Bird-esque ill say that.

I kept telling my son “he’s gonna come around!!” Even told my son “we’re gonna win tonight if Sandfort hits 3+ 3’s.” I know, CSB!!😂

Really happy for him and impressed with how he’s kept working and impacting games even when his shot wasn’t falling (rebounding, passing, defense). Now that it is falling, look out!

Everyone always regresses to the mean - and for Payton that hopefully means he’ll finish the year about 40% from 3s after a super slow start but a very hot finish!

All is forgiven, Sandfort. Quickly making up for early struggles and potentially saving our season.
He doesn't need your ''forgiveness''. Win or lose, the team deserves our support. You must feel that they owe you an apology when they lose or don't perform up to expectations.

He doesn't need your ''forgiveness''. Win or lose, the team deserves our support. You must feel that they owe you an apology when they lose or don't perform up to expectations.

I think you're reading too much into a jokey phrase.

Not to pile on pmac too much. But rebounding or lack there of has been something we needed more from the 3 spot and sandfort gives us that. He’s not afraid to battle down low for boards and put backs.

Also in ot that first shot set the tone. Wasn’t easy though he made it look like it with the 15 ft baseline jumper going to his left.

His game is really unique and I’ve been trying to think of a good comp. Deadeye shooter. Handles the ball like a point on the break. Great passer. Sneaky good rebounder. Chris Mullins comes to mind but I don’t think that’s quite right.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT