ADVERTISEMENT

So I’m camping, yes in a tent soon

A

anon_ts5cfra6drv7r

I am in need of a good generator. I’m looking to run a small portable air conditioning unit, tv, Xbox and a cellular router. Maybe a toaster, smaller George Foreman and a keurig machine at most. I really just want a break from the mindless nonsense and get away for awhile. Any thoughts and ideas is appreciated.

I am in need of a good generator. I’m looking to run a small portable air conditioning unit, tv, Xbox and a cellular router. Maybe a toaster, smaller George Foreman and a keurig machine at most. I really just want a break from the mindless nonsense and get away for awhile. Any thoughts and ideas is appreciated.
Goal zero yeti plus solar

Reactions: billanole

Other campers won't like your noise. You should just rent an RV for what you want and go to an RV park.

Reactions: ThorneStockton

I’m not going to bag on you for what you’re trying to do in your own way. But if you’re seriously contemplating doing something like this and getting away for a moment, then you actually need to get away. Start out with just a day or a weekend. Just bring some supplies and a book or two. You don’t want to be inside your head for too long, hence the books.

Do you know how to build a fire? Not cast away style, but if you had a lighter, matches, magnesium and striker, etc.?

Maybe I am misreading you.

Other campers won't like your noise. You should just rent an RV for what you want and go to an RV park.
We are seeing those rental RV’s all over the place this summer. Me and my wife were talking about them yesterday and was wondering what they go for per day or week. Anybody know?

I would recommend a 10,000W Generac. Just throw it in your backpack. In addition to what you mentioned needing it for, you could also bring along and operate an electric water heater, stove top, oven, clothes dryer (in case it rains) and tanning bed. Maybe even bring along some mood lighting for around your tent.

Where will you be hiking?

I would recommend a 10,000W Generac. Just throw it in your backpack. In addition to what you mentioned needing it for, you could also bring along and operate an electric water heater, stove top, oven, clothes dryer (in case it rains) and tanning bed. Maybe even bring along some mood lighting for around your tent.

Where will you be hiking?
With that little load, he will be walking the Miserable Mile.

Does your tent have a second story? I am thinking you could cut out a skylight for star gazing.
Really, just get out and enjoy yourself. Once you get started camping, you will figure out the gear to accumulate.

Goal zero yeti plus solar
We have the little Yeti 150 for emergencies. It is mostly for lights and electronics. The Lighthouse 40 allows me to have light no matter what, as you can hand crank if needed to recharge. My little Flip 10 was enough to maintain a smart phone this summer on a five day hike. I will be giving some Torch 250 flashlights as presents this Christmas. https://www.goalzero.com/shop/

One of, if not the best, point redemptions currently with Hyatt. Had considered a trip out to the coast to stay here but just no award availability until next year. Someday hope to check it out.

I last stayed there around 1998. I tried booking something a few months ago but they were shut down for COVID. Their prices have gone up considerably, I’ll say that. Nepenthe’s is close and worth it when you make it. Beautiful area but there’s lots of beauty in Central and Northern California.

When I was camping I solved such a problem by buying Vont Hurricane Emergency Collapsible Batteries from amazon.com what gave us a priority.
I miss such moments when I go camping with my friends because it is in such entourages that I feel the best.
We took even the children with us then and they were extremely excited about the beauties there and the entourage we created.
I would like more moments like this but we are all full of work and we don't have much time to pile up together in this way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT