ADVERTISEMENT

So, I’ve been sitting here watching this and thinking…..

kcgolfer

HR Legend
Sep 23, 2003
There is plenty of evidence in 2+ years that Petras is not a good QB.

There is also plenty of evidence that Brian Ferentz is not a good Offensive Coordinator. Now he’s showing us he can’t coach quarterbacks either.

So why are we surprised by our offensive ineptitude?

Any other team in FBS would have fired their OC by now, not promote him. Really a sad situation given the really good defense we have.

There is also plenty of evidence that Brian Ferentz is not a good Offensive Coordinator. Now he’s showing us he can’t coach quarterbacks either.

Any other team in FBS would have fired their OC by now, not promote him. Really a sad situation given the really good defense we have.
I’m not surprised. Odd, how all the sunshine, Ferentz dick riders who were talking shit to me all week are conspicuously absent now.

This is a total fugging embarrassment. I feel bad for the defense.

I’m not surprised. Odd, how all the sunshine, Ferentz dick riders who were talking shit to me all week are conspicuously absent now.

This is a total fugging embarrassment. I feel bad for the defense.
Yeah, weird. Anyone questioning KF and BF for hitching their star to SP once again, apparently, are idiots who don't understand football. Where are all the guys telling us that?

When Iowa beat Penn State 6-4, at least I thought they had the talent on offense to play better than they showed in that game. Honestly, I don't know how this team can get get better. Who do they have that could make this team play better than what we just watched? Given the schedule this year, team may not break 500 this year.

BF must have had spectacular reviews from Barta. He took on QB responsibilities. How these 3 (KF, BF, GB) are not ashamed is unreal. For the support they get, they owe the base a fighting chance on offense. Just middle of the road and we are off to the races. But KF just proves the pessimism we all feel from the O side.

I believe at this point, KF is just thumbing his nose at the fans. He can point to 10 wins last season with the same QB and until we start putting games in the righthand column, he feels he's justified to put that garbage out there and let the D do it's thing. Afterall, what is the logical alternative?

Reactions: Fan In Black
I don't think it matters. I don't think Padilla is the answer. Maybe they just need to bite the bullet and play this freshmen kid.

Then again, peak Tom Brady could be their QB and wouldn't do much with this OL. There are just sooooo many holes that need to be plugged on this offense.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
I’m more disappointed by the performance of our OL today. Not to say Petras and Brian aren’t bad. We’re supposed to be OL U and are fielding another shi*** OL.
Same here. I think many of us hoped that an improved OL would have a ripple effect — better running lanes, improved run game, more effective play action, more ability to keep the opposing D guessing, more time for Petras, and improved QB play.

Sadly, we saw exactly none of that — against a good but not great FCS defense. The OL seems just as poor as last year — except without the AA center. Not a good sign.

Everyone including idiot Barta worship kf and are scared to say anything negative to him or about him. Kf is king in iowa city

Maybe Barta has bet his job on KF and can't do anything. The press obviously can't say much negative or they risk getting cut off.

I don't think Fan base is going to cry if KF retired. Not a lot of B1G Championships during his run..

I would miss Phil Parker though....he's shown himself to actually have coaching skills vs KF is CEO that found a niche in B1G behind OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, MSU.

Reactions: ichawks
Disagree. Can you imagine how they would look with a functioning offense and playing with a 2 or 3 TD lead? What would opposing offenses look like if they had to take more risks?
You are talking about what if situations. I wouldn't call Purdue's offense elite and they carve Iowa up. They end up not scoring a lot of points because they do not have elite offensive players. It will be interesting to see how the defense holds up against Ohio St. Ohio St doesn't look that great tonight but they have better athletes on offense then Iowa's defense.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Maybe Barta has bet his job on KF and can't do anything. The press obviously can't say much negative or they risk getting cut off.

I don't think Fan base is going to cry if KF retired. Not a lot of B1G Championships during his run..

I would miss Phil Parker though....he's shown himself to actually have coaching skills vs KF is CEO that found a niche in B1G behind OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, MSU.
I feel bad for Phil Parker. He may be the best defensive coordinator in the country. He'll never get to see his defense play in championship because our offense is one of the worst in the nation. If it was even mediocre we could get a shot at Bama.

Saw a stat that SP has thrown 8 interceptions and 1 TD in the last 7 games. Unreal.

I had to look it up bc I couldn't believe a starting Big10 QB with 3 years in a system could be that bad. Of course 7 of those interceptions came from the bowl game and Purdue.

But 1 TD....1...its amazing the hawks have won as many games as they have by being handicapped at QB

I would love to see someone have the balls to ask Ferentz at postgame if he thinks he is earning his $7mil a year.

Reactions: ichawks

Unfortunately, this is where nepotism often leads. Before this is over everyone, Kirk, Brian and Barta, will end up a loser.

The O was bad last season and most fans thought it had to be better this season.

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Our best scoring threat….having Tory Taylor Punt the ball and have his gunners down it inside the opponent’s five yard line then….have the defense cause the opponent to commit two illegal procedures….and finally tackle the runner in the end zone.

This is FXL level bad offense. For you young guys on here who never had to watch Iowa under Lauterber….you are lucky. But you are getting a taste of what we saw for three years under FXL.

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but Lauterbur's Offense was better. At least Butch Caldwell could run.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcgolfer
Disagree. Can you imagine how they would look with a functioning offense and playing with a 2 or 3 TD lead? What would opposing offenses look like if they had to take more risks?
Or if they get off the damn field once in awhile a get a rest.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT