ADVERTISEMENT

So I am supposed to eat crow because…

Kaleb Johnson got loose in the second half against a team who lost to a team that gave up 70 points to JMU?

Lol. Okay.

We’ll see how much longer some of you idiots petrified of change will keep crowing. 🙄
I don't know what you predicted, but IF you predicted that a team who lost to a team who gave up 70 to JMU would beat Iowa, then you should eat crow. Lots and lots of crow. Like a truckload.

Kaleb Johnson got loose in the second half against a team who lost to a team that gave up 70 points to JMU?

Lol. Okay.

We’ll see how much longer some of you idiots petrified of change will keep crowing. 🙄
Look man, as long as Kirk is here it's just how it's going to be. Our only decent receiver was a backup at Northwestern and our QB can barely function. We might possibly have the best running back in the country and our o line ( and maybe scheme) are dominating right now. Expecting ( or maybe hoping) that we would and could be throwing the ball all over the field successfully just isn't a thing. And you're right, playing this way can beat the ok teams but I think we all know passing for 62 yards against Ohio St is going to result in a blowout. But letting Johnson cook on Saturday night was the correct answer.

Lol. Okay.

Hawaii GIF by ION

Look man, as long as Kirk is here it's just how it's going to be. Our only decent receiver was a backup at Northwestern and our QB can barely function. We might possibly have the best running back in the country and our o line ( and maybe scheme) are dominating right now. Expecting ( or maybe hoping) that we would and could be throwing the ball all over the field successfully just isn't a thing. And you're right, playing this way can beat the ok teams but I think we all know passing for 62 yards against Ohio St is going to result in a blowout. But letting Johnson cook on Saturday night was the correct answer.
I agree with all of that.

Reactions: AEG82
Context is everything. You were mad because Kirk took his usual ultraconservative approach of playing not to lose because offense is scary stuff. He didn't want to take any chance with a QB that struggles to complete a pass over 10 yards. Seems kind of pointless. What you should probably be mad about is that he selected and will stick with another QB that struggles to complete a pass over 10 yards, thereby placing a cap on any offensive upside that might exist. Just be glad they at least have an outstanding running back/game this year. Without it they would be last year bad.

Aren't you done? Again? Can we expect this to ring as hollow as your previous tirades?
No sure what previous tirades you are referring to. I stopped watching the game on Saturday because I am frustrated with the same old crap.

This thread is in response to everyone’s replies to me. I’m not going to take the time to respond to everyone.

Yes, I am ready for something new. Iowa football is stale to me. I am not asking everyone to agree with me. If an anonymous message isn’t the proper place to piss and moan about it, I don’t know what is. But I guess if it makes me feel better to vent, I suppose I should be cool with people who need to feel holier-than-thou.

Reactions: nelly02
Context is everything. You were mad because Kirk took his usual ultraconservative approach of playing not to lose because offense is scary stuff. He didn't want to take any chance with a QB that struggles to complete a pass over 10 yards. Seems kind of pointless. What you should probably be mad about is that he selected and will stick with another QB that struggles to complete a pass over 10 yards, thereby placing a cap on any offensive upside that might exist. Just be glad they at least have an outstanding running back/game this year. Without it they would be last year bad.
Yeah, I am frustrated with the same old crap.

I don’t expect them to win every game, I just want them to be fun to watch again. I’m tired of being bored to death.

You’re right about the QB, but that’s an ongoing problem. Kirk has done that a few times before to end a half.

That's very understandable. It's easier to just be like myself and some other posters that watch other games instead and just check the Iowa score from time to time rather than make a thread about leaving.

I'm not criticizing you, either. I'm just saying why other posters are coming at you.

That's very understandable. It's easier to just be like myself and some other posters that watch other games instead and just check the Iowa score from time to time rather than make a thread about leaving.

I'm not criticizing you, either. I'm just saying why other posters are coming at you.
I know.

I was just venting Saturday night.

I was honestly hoping @curtisj157 would drop by. Lol.

And I did stop watching. I just miss Iowa football and want it to be fun again.

Iowa's passing game could be stronger, but there was definite offensive improvement last Saturday. The team scored 31 points, ran for almost 300 yards, and completely dominated the time of possession in the second half. Frankly, we haven't seen offense like that from Iowa in a couple of years or more. I am actually starting to believe that their passing game will be okay by the end of the year. If there weren't so many drops, the passing numbers wouldn't have looked so pathetic. Yes OSU will probably handle them (like they will just about everyone), but I am feeling better about the offense than I have in a few years. And all of this coming from a guy who is far from a Ferentz lover.

Iowa's passing game could be stronger, but there was definite offensive improvement last Saturday. The team scored 31 points, ran for almost 300 yards, and completely dominated the time of possession in the second half. Frankly, we haven't seen offense like that from Iowa in a couple of years or more. I am actually starting to believe that their passing game will be okay by the end of the year. If there weren't so many drops, the passing numbers wouldn't have looked so pathetic. Yes OSU will probably handle them (like they will just about everyone), but I am feeling better about the offense than I have in a few years. And all of this coming from a guy who is far from a Ferentz lover.
Iowa’s offense got better in the second half because I quit watching.

You’re welcome. 😁

I don’t expect them to win every game, I just want them to be fun to watch again. I’m tired of being bored to death.

You’re right about the QB, but that’s an ongoing problem. Kirk has done that a few times before to end a half.
Football isn't supposed to be fun or entertaining!!! Offense is BORING!!! (Passing anyways)

3-1 !!!

Signed,

eyesofhawk

Lol. Okay.

Transitive property doesn't apply in football. I suppose you didn't notice that UNC had a ton of turnovers.

Of course, that said ... the Hawks looked like ass in the first-half ... I don't blame your criticisms of that.

Crow probably tastes like chicken anyway.
Enjoy.
I have actually eaten about two bites of crow. Tiny little village in rural England. I thought, what the hell, we use the expression "eat crow" and these people have a crow pie on the menu. Yeah, it tastes more like an even greasier and nastier duck or goose. Inedible. Sent it back saying my colonial palate wasn't ready for it and ordered roast beef and potatoes instead.

Last edited:

Lol. Okay.

It could be worse, you could be the Kansas State guy who said he'd shove the 7 layer burrito up his azz if BYU won.

No crow eating necessary. It's just a meaningless forum we all waster our time on.

After living through Brian Ferentz's last two years of offense, its refreshing to have a run game and score some points. Too bad the great defenses Phil had were kinda wasted by inept offense.

Cade made passes outside the pocket. He’s short so you have to create throwing lanes for him. Leads to a lot of batted balls. I took Kirk’s comment about finding a throwing game to be Mac is on notice. It seems he’s there for between the 10s but Sullivan is now short yardage and goaline. We need to fully get our TEs in the next game.

Cade made passes outside the pocket. He’s short so you have to create throwing lanes for him. Leads to a lot of batted balls. I took Kirk’s comment about finding a throwing game to be Mac is on notice. It seems he’s there for between the 10s but Sullivan is now short yardage and goaline. We need to fully get our TEs in the next game.
It does look like Lachey has lost a step. Ostrenga looks great.

It could be worse, you could be the Kansas State guy who said he'd shove the 7 layer burrito up his azz if BYU won.
Hopefully he didn't make that based on how many touchdowns they'd lose by, you know, 1 burrito per TD.

Not good, not good at all.

Amazing how short sighted the fan base is. Listened to Fleck today up here in Mn and he told the media the margin of error is still the same after eight years. Slim. Sound familiar to Kirk?

PJ also talked about teams who are built to run the ball and the risk of throwing on first down if it is not a completion. 2nd and 10 not good. Iowa play action on first for 3-5 at the minimum is good yardage.

Always a risk of tight ends releasing for good yardage when playing Iowa. Bite get bit. Iowa had zero need as the run game was just at a different level and number 2 is special. His backup can read his blocks as well. If it is working why change.

Thought Iowa was patient not paranoid. Confident game plan. Thinks Iowa has the team to be really good if they keep working.

Fans should watch and enjoy. Venting to vent is a sign you need to watch golf instead of college football...

Reactions: bourbon n blues
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT