ADVERTISEMENT

So I watched some of the Davidson / Virginia game and Davidson UNC games

Demo96

All-Conference
Dec 13, 2014
Davidson was up by 4 and scored 36 points in the first half against one of the best defenses in the country. The game was played in a hostile environment at Virginia.

Is Davidson athletic, absolutely not. They have no size, but they are just quick enough to penetrate and kick. They all have quick releases and are very consistent shooters.

I don't see a role for Woodbury in this game, because he isn't quick enough to stay with their forwards, who all like to shoot the 3 ball. I think Gabe needs to play big minutes during this game. He will be better on the defensive end and just as effective against their post defense. I think it would shock Davidson if we came out in a 2-3 zone for the first 4 minutes, then subbed Gabe for Woody and went man.

Who guards Kalinoski? He's 6-4 and shoots lights out with a quick release, but he's not that athletic. I think whoever is on him needs to deny dent deny. I think Jok and Clemmons will spend a lot of time on him, but I think Uthoff is quick enough to stay in front of him and way taller than most defenders he's used to. I really think Uthoff could throw this guy off his game. I watched part of the Davidson vs North Carolina game and Theo Pinson blocked a couple of Kalinoski's shots and it really threw him off his game. I think Uthoff could do something similar to Kalinoski.

Gibbs makes this Davidson team run. Mike needs to stay in front of him so that others don't have to play help defense and stop penetration. This is going to be a fun matup to watch. I think Mike might be a little better athlete, but Gibbs is a lot better shooter.

Sullivan - I put Jok on Sullivan. The guy wans't that impressive to me. If he's on though it can make this Davidson team very tough to beat.

Their frontcourt is not very impressive at all. Early in the seaon it appeared their best post defender was a guy named Nathan Ekwu who is only a 6-7 freshman, but he hasn't really played that much lately.

I hope Fran plays a bunch of the 3/4 press, because I think our length could create some turnovers. Lets make these guys shoot of the dribble. If they get a bunch of spot up 3's they will kill us.

Just my two cents

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News