ADVERTISEMENT

So, laborers, what's on tap this weekend?

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
It's not going to be surface of the sun hot...low to mid 90's. I have a ball buster work load September/October and start of November. So going to blow of some steam and cook a little.

Reactions: goldmom
With no football we will spend a rare Labor Day weekend on the water. A few friends are doing a smoke-off Sunday. We have to travel so I will be a very willing participant who doesn't have to cook.

Pontoon, grill. Mounted a tv in the garage so probably watch the college games Saturday night out there. Sunday, probably something similar

Working tomorrow, and a few hours Sunday. No idea what’s on tap for Monday. Probably just clean the house.

Hitting the road for 9 days. Hit North Dakota, Montana and the Wyoming national parks.

Looking forward to getting away from people and work.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
You really going to wack it the whole weekend?
All weekend.

CPM-on-Bed-PAAAINFUL-596x298.png

No, but I'm using a similar device. Had a full knee replacement ten days ago.
Did/does it hurt? Prob a dumb question, but just curious. (And I'm prob not going to have the chance to ask anyone who has had a recent knee replacement for a while.)

Reactions: DFSNOLE
No, but I'm using a similar device. Had a full knee replacement ten days ago.

I was in one for months...but it was electric. It would flex and extend my knee day and night. I happily donated it when I was done.

Did/does it hurt? Prob a dumb question, but just curious. (And I'm prob not going to have the chance to ask anyone who has had a recent knee replacement for a while.)
You set the level of angle to where it's uncomfortable but not painful. Once that level is comfortable, you up the angle. I started at 65 degrees and am up to 110.

Now, if you're asking if my knee hurts in general, HELL YES!

Last edited:
Mine is electric. Use it for 45-60 minutes then the ice machine. Repeat.

The ice cooler water pump thing? It circulates cooled water through a jacket around the knee? Is that it? I used that for a few weeks. Heal well. Good luck.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
You set the level of angle to where it's uncomfortable but not painful. Once that level is comfortable, you up the angle. I started at 65 degrees and am up to 110.

Know, if you're asking if my knee hurts in general, HELL YES!
Knowing what you do now, would you do it again? Did it hurt worse before?

We had a big weekend planned - son’s girlfriend was coming for the weekend, Saturday was to be a nice anniversary dinner at a steakhouse, and Sunday we were going to visit daughter at college.

But son found out he was exposed to COVID so all plans were canceled, we got tested, and we are in quarantine until test results come in next week. It seems the “rapid result” tests are in short supply.

It’s hard to believe our testing is still this bad.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Installing a new car stereo, amp, speakers, and sub in my recently purchased year 2000 pick 'em up truck. Actually got the stereo wired and installed, now just need to figure out the 3 speakers' wiring runs and amplification wiring...then hiding that all. Hoping to be finished sometime Saturday morning.

Bluetooth, USB, Stairmaster...The Whole Nine Yards.

Then, give it the ol' dialing things in test trip up to the cabin. Maybe do some fishing, definitely doing some drinking and relaxing.

I plan to work here and there and if the temps stay low will try cold smoking some cheese.

I will watch about 4 hours of YouTube videos by farmers....does that count as work?
To be honest, work is really a relative term. I have a 40 hour a week insurance job that I consider "work". I farm and have cows because I genuinely enjoy it. I hate golf and don't have the patience to fish lol. Farming is my hobby.

Reactions: Nipigu
ADVERTISEMENT