ADVERTISEMENT

So, LSU is allegedly the loudest stadium in college football....

Kinnick.At.Night

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2018
We've all heard about how loud and unhinged it gets in "Death Valley" during a big night game in Baton Rouge. Well, I'm sitting here watching LSU play Alabama and I'm seeing Bryce Young in the shotgun calling for the snap on a clap. Without issue. And as I'm watching this I'm recalling Penn State repeatedly false starting in Kinnick last year under the exact same circumstances. How many times? 7? 8?

Thoughts?

We've all heard about how loud and unhinged it gets in "Death Valley" during a big night game in Baton Rouge. Well, I'm sitting here watching LSU play Alabama and I'm seeing Bryce Young in the shotgun calling for the snap on a clap. Without issue. And as I'm watching this I'm recalling Penn State repeatedly false starting in Kinnick last year under the exact same circumstances. How many times? 7? 8?

Thoughts?
With total disrespect, GTFO

I did my Masters at LSU, it is loud and hostile. Nearly all their big games are at night. 100,000 cajuns drinking since 8 AM and it is the loudest football stadium I have personally been to. And yes Kinnick is loud but Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night is something else. Not good to be a opposing fan, they are not very polite hosts. An unrelated observation, you can argue about whether the SEC is the best football conference, but I think there is no doubt the female students in the SEC are top notch.

UGA put their decibel level on the scoreboard. Would be cool if they did that at Kinnick, but I won’t hold my breath for it happening anytime soon.

Notre Dame was extremely loud tonight but something tells me that the crowd in Columbus on November 26th will be off the charts

Reactions: cmhawks99

Thoughts?
Bryce Young and Alabama probably are not nearly as prone to get flustered as an over-ranked Penn St team whose QB comes off the bench for his first-ever meaningful playing time....

LSU is very loud...been there twice. Both times at night. Crazy loud...BUT.....I have to say Ohio State is about as loud as it gets for a big game.

Husky Stadium in Washington is MIGHTY MIGHTY LOUD and so is Oregon’s palace even though it’s like 55K (correct me if wrong) but Washington WOW.. 70K much like Kinnick has fans bearing down on you and is flat out a loud crazy stadium

Thoughts?
With SEC speed, sound travels faster than 760 mph.

Bryce Young and Alabama probably are not nearly as prone to get flustered as an over-ranked Penn St team whose QB comes off the bench for his first-ever meaningful playing time....

The point is hearing the clap. Penn State's offensive lineman couldn't hear it in Kinnick. On many different occasions. Alabama's offensive lineman could. In the "loudest" stadium in college football. What gives?

The point is hearing the clap. Penn State's offensive lineman couldn't hear it in Kinnick. On many different occasions. Alabama's offensive lineman could. In the "loudest" stadium in college football. What gives?
And my point is that it’s probably more than just pure volume of the crowd noise. Ability to focus and maintain concentration while dealing with a hostile crowd probably makes it more likely that players will hear the clap. I agree that Kinnick can also be very loud, but I don’t necessarily think this clap comparison necessarily refutes that LSU could be louder at times.

Reactions: WSC72
And my point is that it’s probably more than just pure volume of the crowd noise. Ability to focus and maintain concentration while dealing with a hostile crowd probably makes it more likely that players will hear the clap. I agree that Kinnick can also be very loud, but I don’t necessarily think this clap comparison necessarily refutes that LSU could be louder at times.

Then why mention the young QB? Was he so flustered that he didn't clap properly? You're insinuating, also, that Alabama's offensive linemen were better prepared to deal with noise than Penn State's. That's pure opinion with nothing behind it.

Last edited:
I went to LSU. It gets loud as hell there. I couldn't tell ya why the lineman could hear Bama's clap but it gets extremely loud.

That is a good question though; not sure how that works.

Then why mention the young QB? Was he so flustered that he didn't clap properly? You're insinuating, also, that Alabama's offensive linemen were better prepared to deal with noise than Penn State's. That's pure opinion with nothing behind it.
It was probably very confusing for all of them trying to remember the snap count and who’s turn it was to fake an injury let alone listening for a clap.

• Haha
Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
I got you--the Penn state lineman who has played in white outs, Buckeye stadium etc....said that nite in Kinnick it was loud sure, but this was crazy loud. When 70k can make as much noise as 110k or the 92k Ge. has, then that is loud--regardless if you are first yr qb or what not---

I got you--the Penn state lineman who has played in white outs, Buckeye stadium etc....said that nite in Kinnick it was loud sure, but this was crazy loud. When 70k can make as much noise as 110k or the 92k Ge. has, then that is loud--regardless if you are first yr qb or what not---

You don't have me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT