ADVERTISEMENT

So...maybe the lab leak theory is back

Nole Lou

HR Heisman
Apr 5, 2002
Most compelling evidence yet for the lab leak theory. Strong stuff here. Of the people I follow who I consider the strongest experts and least partisan on COVID, most have acknowledged the possibility of lab leak while still believing the greater weight of evidence was on the side of zoonotic origin. So that's where I've been.But this is the most compelling scientific evidence yet of synthetic origin.

I'm quoting the retweet, because the guy retweeting is an expert I respect. He is neither a covid alarmist or a minimizer, is pro vaccine but lockdown cautious, so is absolutely hated by both zero covid nuts and anti-vax lunatics on Twitter. But he absolutely knows his shit. However, I encourage you to read the thread he's quoting, its vaguely understandable even to a moron like me.

This is neither final, nor definitive, and the authors themselves regret their findings and invite others to disprove them.

RIght in the tweet/paper, they are stating this as a "hypothesis"/theory.

Which they indicate "should be tested"; which means it has not been tested/evaluated.

Reactions: NoleATL
I can't even HROT pretend to understand those charts...

If that guy says it's engineered in a lab, I'll go with him.

Star Trek GIF

I can't even HROT pretend to understand those charts...

If that guy says it's engineered in a lab, I'll go with him.

He doesn't say for sure it was. But he says he thinks he's found fingerprints of manufactured viruses, and the Covid virus contains those at a level unlikely to be chance.

The guy that retweeted is replicated the research.

It's not definitive, but it invites research to disprove, or further confirm. Which is how science is supposed to work.

Reactions: l.todd
The guy that retweeted is replicated the research.

It's not definitive, but it invites research to disprove, or further confirm.

They haven't "replicated" anything.

What they have yet to do is actually "peer review" the stuff they're pushing.

So unlucky that the Chicoms, after untold thousands of animal tests, can’t find a zoogenic source.

How would "animal tests" identify the source of the virus? (aside from finding the actual animal that passed the initial virus, which is obviously not possible)
Be specific, and cite your sourcing here.

That alone should make you a believer.
It makes me a "skeptic"

Because there are neither any "statisticians" nor "virologists" nor "evolutionary biologists" on the paper authorship list. Another red flag, particularly since the same gang has printed other recent nonsense, that does not appear to have made it past the peer review process.

But since these concepts are all way over your head, you'll run with the horse paste and pee crowd. Because that's your posse.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I don't know where it came from but why is it so hard to believe it came from zoonotic spillover? That's how almost every virus we have came about.

I don't think its hard to believe. It's where most of the experts I follow lean as far as most likely. The circumstantial case for a lab leak is there, but I think most of the data lends toward zoonotic. But nobody I follow thinks either theory is out of the question or unfit for investigation.

The guy who's retweet I embedded, the last thing I remember him sharing on origin was a Lancet article that came down on the side of zoonotic.

The only thing to disregard is people who claim that it's a settled question, or shouldn't be investigated.

I don't know where it came from but why is it so hard to believe it came from zoonotic spillover? That's how almost every virus we have came about.
Is there a case attributed to zoonotic spillover where they never found it in any host animals after years of searching?

Reactions: Finance85
Is there a case attributed to zoonotic spillover where they never found it in any host animals after years of searching?

Uh...they WON'T find the specific human virus in animals, because that mutation was in ONE animal that probably isn't around anymore.

They have identified DOZENS of similar coronaviruses in bats or pangolins.

You seem to be misled under the false pretense that the SAME virus circulating in humans still circulates in bats. Newsflash: The ORIGINAL virus that jumped to humans is no longer even circulating, and the only reason we know that is because we sequenced those early strains. No one sequenced any bat with the original strain,either.

The election was rigged. Hillary ran a pedo ring from the basement of a pizza parlor that doesn't have a basement. Covid came from a lab in China, but they for some reason forgot to make a cure.
All BS conspiracy theories keep circulating around because gullible, simple minded rubes will believe anything on the internet.

It's not hard to believe a virus can come from zoonotic spillover. I just don't believe this one did.

Why is it so hard for some to believe this came from a lab leak? A lab, in Wuhan, studying this very virus?

Reactions: bdg8 and hwk23
This topic is a fun one split along political lines but it honestly shouldn’t be.

The fuking lab that specializes in Covid viruses is in the city where the Covid virus came from…and like a mile from where the first people got it.

It’s not that hard people

Reactions: Peak_Hawk and hwk23
This topic is a fun one split along political lines but it honestly shouldn’t be.

The fuking lab that specializes in Covid viruses is in the city where the Covid virus came from…and like a mile from where the first people got it.

Joe, it doesn’t matter what bullshit you post, I’ll never be convinced that it wasn’t a lab leak.

Also, to blame it on poor Chinese folk eating bats is racist. Why are you racist towards Chinese Joe?

Psst...maybe they study it there BECAUSE that where the coronavirus fvcking evolved....it's also not that hard to see you are a moron and it's split along political lines because on average those on the right are completely ignorant about science. There's a large percentage of conservatives that think the Earth is just a few thousand years old also

Psst...maybe they study it there BECAUSE that where the coronavirus fvcking evolved....it's also not that hard to see you are a moron and it's split along political lines because on average those on the right are completely ignorant about science. There's a large percentage of conservatives that think the Earth is just a few thousand years old also
If you don’t think it was a lab leak you are clearly the moron

Reactions: Peak_Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT