ADVERTISEMENT

So...maybe the lab leak theory is back

I visited OP''s mom's wet market earlier today. Sheeya fellas

RDZ3XDk.gif

Whatever happened to the two Chinese scientist that were whistle blowers early on? There was a man and a lady. They get wasted or are they making Nikes?

Reactions: SIXERS24
Just wait till we start getting the crazy viruses coming out of the permafrost/melting ice….the MAGA cult will have to concoct some crazy lab theories in Iceland/Greenland/Antarctica to combat those

I did but could find nothing since 2021. Figured someone on HORT would know a cousin or something.

It was a doctor that early on said that new disease looked like SARS, another coronavirus, NOT that it was lab leaked....and he caught COVID from those first patients he treated and died

Nothing gets good old Joes place wound up like someone questioning his beloved government overlords on Covid or climate change...

I follow science.

Not "government" or "overlords".

Your inability to distinguish between them is illuminating, and unsurprising.

Reactions: IaHawk44
It was a doctor that early on said that new disease looked like SARS, another coronavirus, NOT that it was lab leaked....and he caught COVID from those first patients he treated and died

...he "infected himself" inadvertently with the virus he'd created, and didn't get his antidote pills in time. Formula for the antidote died with him...

🙄

Reactions: fsu1jreed
The election was rigged. Hillary ran a pedo ring from the basement of a pizza parlor that doesn't have a basement. Covid came from a lab in China, but they for some reason forgot to make a cure.
All BS conspiracy theories keep circulating around because gullible, simple minded rubes will believe anything on the internet.
You’re right except for the but forgot to create a cure part.

You think they have a cure for the variant created at Boston U?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I wonder if the lab vs wet market debate is split along political lines in other countries in a similar way that it is here?

I'm sure there were other countries whose leadership took a similar blame the Chinese approach to managing covid.

I wonder if the lab vs wet market debate is split along political lines in other countries in a similar way that it is here?

I'm sure there were other countries whose leadership took a similar blame the Chinese approach to managing covid.
And when we’re talking lab leak, are we saying intentional or accidental? Because @lucas80 implied intentional because he said why would someone leak without a cure.

I guess I always thought most people that bought into the lab leak scenario assumed accidental leak and intentional coverup as long as possible.

And when we’re talking lab leak, are we saying intentional or accidental? Because @lucas80 implied intentional because he said why would someone leak without a cure.

I guess I always thought most people that bought into the lab leak scenario assumed accidental leak and intentional coverup as long as possible.

I've always took it as intentional

I think it was an accident. Not intentional

I've always took it as intentional
I’ve never seen that, outside the plot of The Stand.
Lab accidents happen.

SCIENCE
30 Apr 2004
Vol 304, Issue 5671
pp. 659-661

For the third time in less than a year, an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) seems to have originated from a failure in laboratory containment. This latest incident, revealed in China late last week, is the most serious. One death is tentatively attributed to it, eight people are confirmed or suspected of contracting the disease, and hundreds have been quarantined. The apparent lapse is especially troubling because it occurred in China's leading SARS research lab, at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Beijing.

Reactions: Finance85
It's not hard to believe a virus can come from zoonotic spillover. I just don't believe this one did.

Why is it so hard for some to believe this came from a lab leak? A lab, in Wuhan, studying this very virus?
Well, let's see. Because 99.99% of viruses in human history have come from zoonotic spillover or evolution. So it's a simple percentages thing. It surprises me you can't understand that.

And again, I don't know where it came from. Just using Occam's razor here.

Well, let's see. Because 99.99% of viruses in human history have come from zoonotic spillover or evolution. So it's a simple percentages thing. It surprises me you can't understand that.

I work for one of the largest suppliers of bio research products in the world (reagents, instrumentation, services assay kits, peptides, proteins, etc) and we have our own vault and a facility in Wuhan as well.

I think it was an accident. Not intentional
I've always thought, admittedly without any scientific background to draw on, that an accidental leak could certainly have been possible. I never really considered an intentional leak.

The weird thing to me was early on in the pandemic just how loudly anybody who brought up the possibility of a lab leak was shouted down. People who had the same amount of knowledge and experience with viruses as I do, which is absolutely none, were extremely adamant that they knew exactly what had happened because they had read a few tweets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peak_Hawk

It surprises me that you would lie. 99.99% is a complete lie and takes 5 seconds to prove Otherwise.

it is actually stunning to me how so many of you discredit the possibility of lab leak. How ****ing dumb are you all?

Watch....posted earlier this week by WWJD. One key element of this particular sars variant is the furin cleavage site that is not found in other sars variants of this family.

But basically what they have been testing in places like Wuhan with gain of function.

People need to quit trying to deny this - it's becoming more and more clear that this was a "built" virus.

I firmly believe it was accidentally released, but I also know it was created.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Watch....posted earlier this week by WWJD. One key element of this particular sars variant is the furin cleavage site that is not found in other sars variants of this family.

But basically what they have been testing in places like Wuhan with gain of function.

People need to quit trying to deny this - it's becoming more and more clear that this was a "built" virus.

I firmly believe it was accidentally released, but I also know it was created.

‘I am not sure what is more ridiculous. People continuing to deny that this is lab leaked or the fact it is so political. Someone please explain why this is so political. who cares where this came from? It’s absurd.

‘I am not sure what is more ridiculous. People continuing to deny that this is lab leaked or the fact it is so political. Someone please explain why this is so political. who cares where this came from? It’s absurd.
I could be wrong but I believe Orange man said it may have leaked from the lab … and of course Fauci is connected to the lab with a grant. That’s what I am guessing is the “why to the why”.

How many of those evolving viruses were part of work being done in a nearby lab where the original virus was being enhanced to better infect humans?

How many of those evolving viruses were part of work being done in a nearby lab where the original virus was being enhanced to better infect humans?

Just weird how the documented outbreak cases centered around the wet market, rather than the lab half a mile away....

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Just weird how the documented outbreak cases centered around the wet market, rather than the lab half a mile away....
Could have been that a person from the lab liked to go down looking for exotic meats and hooked up some fellow meat adventurers. I don’t know what happened, I’m just talking out my butt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT