ADVERTISEMENT

So, Patriots caught filming Bengals signals

Fuggin morons.

Bengals = Not OK to film

Ben-Gals Cheerleaders = OK to film. How do you screw that up?

81kv28JvJ1L._SY355_.png

bengals489331228.gif

sept-25-2011-cincinnati-ohio-us-cincinnati-bengal-cheerleaders-on-DKAYEM.jpg

Next year will be a tough schedule for a 43 year old QB. I kind of hope he comes back.

This is assuming they win the division this year.

Still have those easy 6 games against their division opponents.

...and they admit it. My guess is they will get punished harshly. Will probably get third easiest schedule next year or something draconian like that.
The film crew has nothing to do with the Pats FB team. And then ask, “Why?”
A mistake probably...but until someone can explain why the Pats organization would be filming/ spying on a 1win Bengal team...I need a reason to suspect something...and quite frankly, I believe the Pats have more than enough on their plate at the moment.

A mistake probably...but until someone can explain why the Pats organization would be filming/ spying on a 1win Bengal team...I need a reason to suspect something...and quite frankly, I believe the Pats have more than enough on their plate at the moment.

So, the fact that they play the Bengals this week and a Patriots film crew was at the stadium filming the Bengals signals the week before doesn't constitute reason enough to think the Pats are guilty here? The question isn't "why would they do that?" They DID IT. The question is how should they be punished. Period.

I usually fall in line with Occam's razor when these things occur.

So, the fact that they play the Bengals this week and a Patriots film crew was at the stadium filming the Bengals signals the week before doesn't constitute reason enough to think the Pats are guilty here? The question isn't "why would they do that?" They DID IT. The question is how should they be punished. Period.
They had Cleveland's permission to be there to film....per League rules and protocol. It is not like they were there clandestine....
Tgis is more fodder for the Patriot/Belichick haters out there......go ahead and waste your energy. This is a nothing burger.

They had Cleveland's permission to be there to film....per League rules and protocol. It is not like they were there clandestine....
Tgis is more fodder for the Patriot/Belichick haters out there......go ahead and waste your energy. This is a nothing burger.
They should have informed the Bengals before videotaping their sideline.

They should have informed the Bengals before videotaping their sideline.
They followed League protocol/rules. They did what they were expected to do.
I believe Belichick said that this crew was not a Patriot's employ, too.
It doesn't sound like there was anything "illegal" here at all......Maybe if I was 1-12, I might squawk too. I think it is a great time to play the Pats...they are really struggling. I'd be watching a lot of game film if I was Cincinnati. It's not like the Bengals signals have fooled too many folks this season.

Give Bengals their Draft picks?

Even if given permission to be in the box, filming the team on the sidelines is a no no..to much of a coincident they play the team they were filming this week. Even if the Pats are innocent they should be spanked hard for stupid judgement.

They followed League protocol/rules. They did what they were expected to do.
I believe Belichick said that this crew was not a Patriot's employ, too.
It doesn't sound like there was anything "illegal" here at all......Maybe if I was 1-12, I might squawk too. I think it is a great time to play the Pats...they are really struggling. I'd be watching a lot of game film if I was Cincinnati. It's not like the Bengals signals have fooled too many folks this season.
I doubt very much that league protocol states that when Team A is hosting Team B, Team A can allow Team C to videotape Team B’s sideline without Team B’s knowledge. Especially if Team C is playing Team B the next week.

Reactions: BelemNole

So, because you don't know or understand the rules, there's nothing to see here. It is 100% illegal to film an opposing sideline's signals. You can send lip readers, psychics or anyone else, but once you start filming, game over.

The Patriots disagree with you.

The New England Patriots have admitted that they were in violation of NFL rules on Sunday when a video crew hired by the team illegally filmed the playing field in Cleveland during the Bengals game against the Browns.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/..., including,that the rule needed clarification.

Goodell suggested that the responsibility was on teams to conceal their messages, not on the ones trying to steal them. Unless, of course, would-be thieves have the gall to break out the video equipment.

So, because you don't know or understand the rules, there's nothing to see here. It is 100% illegal to film an opposing sideline's signals. You can send lip readers, psychics or anyone else, but once you start filming, game over.

The Patriots disagree with you.

The New England Patriots have admitted that they were in violation of NFL rules on Sunday when a video crew hired by the team illegally filmed the playing field in Cleveland during the Bengals game against the Browns.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/sports/football/17nfl.html#:~:targetText=“Videotaping of any type, including,that the rule needed clarification.

Goodell suggested that the responsibility was on teams to conceal their messages, not on the ones trying to steal them. Unless, of course, would-be thieves have the gall to break out the video equipment.
Joel’s just lathered up because his Brownies are going to miss the playoffs again this year.

Reactions: ghost80
What I am hearing on the radio right now is that this was a Pats video crew doing a feature on one of the organizations advance scouts. The video crew wasn't even on the football side of the operations.

Reactions: hawkfan0319
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT